GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And the Christmas Number 1 is..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/12/03 at 18:52
Regular
Mad World

*sigh*

I was hoping the Darkness would be number 1, bit more festive than Mad World, but it's a great song anyway...

Wonder whats happened to Donnie Darko sales :)
Mon 22/12/03 at 20:22
Regular
"cachoo"
Shame. Some sound amazing, some don't. The 'Cry Little Sister' from The Lost Boys was actually a fantastic remix, still makes yours hairs stand up.
I've just downloaded a remix of Mad World.. it's bad!
But there'll be a lot of Mad World remixes now in the clubs seeing as it's one of 'those' songs!
Mon 22/12/03 at 20:11
Regular
Ms NY wrote:
> Borat, what dance version you on about? A really fast, dancey one?
> Man, it's gonna get ruined even more!!

I don't know which version, I just heard it on radio 1 one dinnertime, and was quite frankly appalled. are no tunes sacred anymore? we'll have silent night : the drum and bass remix, soon, or avie maria : the rythm and blues spectacular.

sad sad sad.

on the flip side of the coin, you would think that adagio for strings would make a terrible dance tune, but I thought it was quite good.
Mon 22/12/03 at 19:16
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yeh the one with the drum beat. The dance version one is the mix (I think) which is shockingly bad on the vinyl. However on vinyl if you put it on the wrong setting it thinks it's an album instead of a single and goes really really fast in a comical fashion.
Mon 22/12/03 at 19:04
Regular
"cachoo"
Cubist wrote:
> P.s. The alternative version is better although the mix is shockingly
> bad.

The one with a nice drum beat? That's nice!

Borat, what dance version you on about? A really fast, dancey one? Man, it's gonna get ruined even more!!
Mon 22/12/03 at 18:17
Regular
"Not a Jew"
At least that Bo Selecta rubbish didn't win.
Mon 22/12/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
P.s. The alternative version is better although the mix is shockingly bad.
Mon 22/12/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I bought the Vinyl of the number 1 today and I really do think it's quite good. Listening to it though it just soooo takes away the emotion in a room. The T.V. went off, my parents stopped talking, my brother stopped walking around the has and sat in the lounge and I figured out how to use the player. Honestly a christmas single shouldn't do that. It is so dreak and whatever. Whenever you hear it you just want to sit down and listen to it quietly. That's the way to have a good christmas. At least with the darkness you could still talk to people through it and it's all nice and cheery. Jesus talk about a mood killer.
Mon 22/12/03 at 16:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Darkness = rubbish

Mad World is over played, has become the 'Haunting TuneTM' of peoples lives and while good, is around too much.

But since when has Christmas, media-wise, been about joy? Titanic was on Christmas day a few years ago, because it was a big film, not a happy one.
Mon 22/12/03 at 15:50
Regular
I enjoyed Mad World a lot when I first heard it (about a year ago). Now it's overplayed and ruined - for gods sake, I heard a dance version recently. What a crock of sh.
Mon 22/12/03 at 15:03
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's overplayed, it's spoiling the song.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.