GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just found out...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/12/03 at 23:37
Regular
My recent ex-girlfriend's Dad died and I'm taken aback.

I went out with her for a year before she broke my heart declaring she didn't love me and fell apart. Well I've picked myself back up and have a new potential girlfriend. Sadly my ex has come back to haunt me, who I still care for deeply telling me her Dad died of cancer. A disease I knew he had.

She seemed devestated and even in the worst of times she always managed to laugh. It brings me to my knees that I'm not with her now... helping her through this. The thing is I never knew her Dad, we knew of eachother but because her parents split I never saw her father. All I know is my beloved ex Amy is upset. And that has somehow, deeply, emotionally attacked me.

Do I still love her?

Sorry for my ramble, it is late I need sleep. But my work is needing doing. seeya guys soon.
Thu 15/01/04 at 23:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
stuff her shes being disrespectful,manipulating you and using emotional blackmail. you should never compromise your own beliefs to please others
Thu 15/01/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Colourless"
No its not about that. Its explained below but I can't be bothered to tell it all again, and therfore I doubt you're that bothered anyway.....
Thu 15/01/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Don't know the history, are you not a Christian?

If you're not, then tell her. Say you don't want to offend her by not praying, but that you think it would be more insulting to pray insincerely with her.
Thu 15/01/04 at 23:02
Regular
"Colourless"
Sorry to resurrect this old post....but

this girl i was talking about asked me to go and pray with her tomorrow, and I'm not really sure what to do....

Any thoughts?
Sat 27/12/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh. Thanks! :D

I'm not very experienced in any situation like this either, but the way I see it; if you're serious about someone, you need to take things `seriously´. One, small mistake could cause a lot of big-problems.

I may not have been through anything like this myself (yet... ;) ), but I'm the kind of person who "sees all" and "hears all". But never says anything. :)

...Just stick to what I said before. I don't really know if what I just said actually makes much sense....

But hey, at least the girl you like is only very "religious".
At least YOU'RE not seriously in-love with a so-called "Slapper" who may need converting in her own way (as I have heard and concern to believe...) - even though she seems to like me, too...! :S
Fri 26/12/03 at 00:53
Regular
Now to Dringo... :-)

I've had friends who'd say things like that ("her or me") who'd have forgotten all about it within a week.
Having said that, when a friend of mine is getting on with a girl I "like" then I sometimes instinctively get annoyed with them.
Other than the one that I really seriously liked once (not that a friend was actually going for her but she wouldn't tell me who she was with and you know how it is when you're in love/heartbroken - pure confusion, everyone's a suspect! ;-D), I always realise that it's the girls choice and being a miserable spoiltsport won't solve anything, and I'm usually past it within a few hours or so.

I guess what you could do is imagine that he wins her from you and imagine how you'd react. And if you're certain he means it then work out who means more to you.

Bah! Solskjær's advice was better! :-D
Fri 26/12/03 at 00:41
Regular
Colourless wrote:
> Hmm. I dunno really. It would be better if she just left me alone, but
> it;s just the way thats she always hugging me and telling me that she
> loves me etc. that gets to me as she then says we cant go out bla
> bla.

The poor girl is confused.
She likes you but it conflicted by what she "should" do (possibly based on some strict God-fearing ethics she's been indoctrinated in).

The best thing to do would be to tell her your full honest belief's.
You believe what you believe and if you change your beliefs, it should never be to please someone.
So spend ONE conversation pleading not to make the difference of beliefs an issue, after all, it's differences that make a relationship as much as what's in common, besides, going out with someone who isn't as strictly as religious as her won't damage her relationship (although it would mean you'd have to wait for marriage for certain things ;-), but I'm sure that's the last thing on your mind right now).

And then leave it.
She'll either accept (pretty unlikely if she's held this long already), decline (which you've got to prepare for), or "not be sure" (which I'd expect).

If she doesn't accept (which is most likely) then leave it and don't bring it up again. (this will be VERY hard and I'm not sure I could manage it, but it's for good reason).
She'll spend most of her time thinking about it after that.
If you bring up the topic again, of religion or relationship, or hint at it, you'll only pressure her and make things worse.

If she flirts, you can flirt back but don't hint on making things "official" or anything.
Sooner or later she'll either to decide to back off (which'll be tragic but if she would do this then you'd only stand a chance with her if you suddenly became overcome with divine inspiration or started living a lie, so it was going to end in tears anyway, and atleast you'd be able to move on), or, if you're lucky, she put her religion aside and decide that you don't have to be exactly the same in EVERYTHING she does (which she'll have to understand in life sooner or later).

That's erm... my idea...

Bear in mind that I'm a complete failure, but having said that, you learn little from successes compared to your major screw ups where you spend months on end kicking yourself for every possible thing you could've done differently! ;-D
Thu 25/12/03 at 15:58
Regular
awww :(
Thu 25/12/03 at 13:46
Regular
"Colourless"
Did he tell u he liked her before you got involved with her?
Thu 25/12/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
To be honest Dringo, is he really a friend in the first place- if he says things like that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.