GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just found out...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/12/03 at 23:37
Regular
My recent ex-girlfriend's Dad died and I'm taken aback.

I went out with her for a year before she broke my heart declaring she didn't love me and fell apart. Well I've picked myself back up and have a new potential girlfriend. Sadly my ex has come back to haunt me, who I still care for deeply telling me her Dad died of cancer. A disease I knew he had.

She seemed devestated and even in the worst of times she always managed to laugh. It brings me to my knees that I'm not with her now... helping her through this. The thing is I never knew her Dad, we knew of eachother but because her parents split I never saw her father. All I know is my beloved ex Amy is upset. And that has somehow, deeply, emotionally attacked me.

Do I still love her?

Sorry for my ramble, it is late I need sleep. But my work is needing doing. seeya guys soon.
Wed 17/12/03 at 23:37
Regular
My recent ex-girlfriend's Dad died and I'm taken aback.

I went out with her for a year before she broke my heart declaring she didn't love me and fell apart. Well I've picked myself back up and have a new potential girlfriend. Sadly my ex has come back to haunt me, who I still care for deeply telling me her Dad died of cancer. A disease I knew he had.

She seemed devestated and even in the worst of times she always managed to laugh. It brings me to my knees that I'm not with her now... helping her through this. The thing is I never knew her Dad, we knew of eachother but because her parents split I never saw her father. All I know is my beloved ex Amy is upset. And that has somehow, deeply, emotionally attacked me.

Do I still love her?

Sorry for my ramble, it is late I need sleep. But my work is needing doing. seeya guys soon.
Thu 18/12/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Sorry to hear about all that, man.

I'd say the chances are that you do still love her - it's a very hard emotion to quash. But, you've got to remember that while she may come to you for comfort, don't take it as a sign she wants things to go back to how they were as that'll probably end up with you being hurt again.

Being there for her but holding back your emotions is difficult - I know it all too well.
Thu 18/12/03 at 11:32
"Darkness, always"
Indeed.

Do not take her need for grief in these times as reciprocation of your feelings. She told you she doesn't love you. Her father passing away will not have changed her mind.

Comfort her as a friend, and then try to move on. Time changes everything, even love.
Thu 18/12/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, she obiously came to you for a reason...

You should `be thereŽ for her.

It may be all that she wants; it may not. But it seems like the right-thing to do right now, whether you still have feelings for each other, or not.

After all, you can't exactly turn someone in this situation away, now, can you.

It's `the right thing to doŽ.
Thu 18/12/03 at 23:47
Regular
Well we were still in contact just last nights conversation was the first since the split.

I will move on let it go. My life is a confused muddle of nothing.
Fri 19/12/03 at 13:21
Regular
I say comfort her as a friend - then sleep with her as a friend.!!

That way you don't have all the commitment of a relationship but you still get the sex.

Might even work out! She could be a life long sex friend!!
Fri 19/12/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
GT3 King wrote:
> I say comfort her as a friend - then sleep with her as a friend.!!
>
> That way you don't have all the commitment of a relationship but you
> still get the sex.
>
> Might even work out! She could be a life long sex friend!!

You silver tongued cavalier you.

What a noble gent to not take total advantage of someone at a moment when they need you the most..................
Fri 19/12/03 at 13:37
Regular
It's a good suggestion. Give her something to take her mind off the grieving!!
Tue 23/12/03 at 00:48
Regular
Or not. As it happens I went to her as a friend and we had a real good laugh. We got on far better than when we went out.

I am now currently facing problems with my new possible girlfriend.

She is very nice but my best friend likes her too. She has told him that it is me she likes but he has said "either her or me".
Tue 23/12/03 at 00:51
Regular
"Colourless"
Girls suck.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.