GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOTABLE CHAT"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/12/03 at 22:49
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Season's Greetings Chaps,

Since we're the wise old people on the forums, I thought we should set an example to the youngins 'ere and list our New Year's Resolutions.

Also, how about organising an SR get-together some time. The last attempt failed when we found out that paintballing in Autumn would be cold - how about doing something in London - seeing a film and going to the Trocadero - if there is still a big arcade there? Any more suggestions.

Specially-Reservingly,
SonicRav

NB. My resolutions are as follows:

* Become conversationally fluent in Japanese
* Learn lots of Mandarin
* Become a vegetarian - or at the very least, learn a lot of vedgy recipes.
Thu 01/01/04 at 16:46
"I love yo... lamp."
Fenrir wrote:
> What's Mandarin? :|

Language spoken on mainland China.
Thu 01/01/04 at 12:09
Regular
"Remember me?"
My New Year's Resolution is not to make any more New Year's Resolutions ever again, which I think I can stretch to. :P
Thu 01/01/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Me > J00"
What's Mandarin? :|
Thu 01/01/04 at 04:48
"I love yo... lamp."
It sounds absolutely nuts. Never been to Asia, but I'm sure it will rock. I did a tour of the South Americas once with a friend. Best holiday ever.
Thu 01/01/04 at 04:44
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Right. When is the trip scheduled for?

Probably the beginning of Summer. I'm having a family holiday in Russia with my folks and brother, and then on with my Dentist to China! Convenient eh ;)
Thu 01/01/04 at 04:40
"I love yo... lamp."
Right. When is the trip scheduled for?
Thu 01/01/04 at 04:35
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
"Is this going to be a working holiday or have you managed to get a loan to pay your way through it all?"

Well, I did a gap year last year. The money from that, plus student loan, plus fixed allowance from parents (to make my loan up to the amount a student is meant to spend on average a year) should be enough to get me around there. I also plan to work in Summer - hopefully in consultancy. So I have to apply VERY soon!

SonicRav
Thu 01/01/04 at 04:21
"I love yo... lamp."
Only if I could put it into our alphabet properly. I've discovered the difference intonation makes, so I can imagine the difference a spelling mistake would make.

Still... he's your dentist! Sounds like a fun trip. Is this going to be a working holiday or have you managed to get a loan to pay your way through it all?

I now have visions of my dentist, Mr Henderson, having a bar fight in Mongolia...
Thu 01/01/04 at 04:15
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
"The only thing of any use I can say in it however wouldn't get through the swear filter."

Yes It would - it would be in Mandarin!

"Oh, one last thing. Why is your dentist going with you?"

Well, a number of reasons:

1) My dentist is a good family friend and is a party animal - a trip with him would be great.

2) He speaks Russian and Ukranian - so he takes care of things in Russia and I take care of things in China.

3) They say you need to go with a few people to make the trans-mongolian a great experience.

4) He could land a few punches while I run screaming in a bar fight!

SonicRav
Thu 01/01/04 at 04:10
"I love yo... lamp."
Well it sounds great indeed. Always wanted to go there. Japan is another of those places I fancy visiting sometime.

Give up Computer Science? Sacrilege! Says the man who did a degree in it and never bothered getting a job with computers.

As for learning Mandarin, good on you. I have a friend who decided to learn it. The only thing of any use I can say in it however wouldn't get through the swear filter.

Oh, one last thing. Why is your dentist going with you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.