GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's worse in your opinion/s"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/12/03 at 12:42
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Who do you guys or gals think is worse overall in terms of murdering and various atrocities throughout the past century?, the Irish paramilitaries (the IRA), America, Japan or N.Korea? Its just I was ahving a discussion with a few of my friends yesterday and they seemed to think that I was ignorant beacuse I didn't think the IRA were as bad as America.
Wed 17/12/03 at 12:42
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Who do you guys or gals think is worse overall in terms of murdering and various atrocities throughout the past century?, the Irish paramilitaries (the IRA), America, Japan or N.Korea? Its just I was ahving a discussion with a few of my friends yesterday and they seemed to think that I was ignorant beacuse I didn't think the IRA were as bad as America.
Wed 17/12/03 at 12:49
Regular
everybody is as bad as each other, the only answer is all out nuclear war.

I'll pack my bags and make a new home - under the sea.
"Darkness, always"
Depends on what level you're talking?

Obviously the IRA is always a hot talking point in the UK, because they're right on our doorstep. But the USA has deliberately kept the middle east destabilised for the last 60 years, removing and appointing governments, instigating riots, encouraging terrorism etc.
"Darkness, always"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> I'll pack my bags and make a new home - under the sea.

Under the sea!
Under the sea!
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me!
Wed 17/12/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Black hole wrote:
> Who do you guys or gals think is worse overall in terms of murdering
> and various atrocities throughout the past century?

The Japanese were an imaginatively cruel race for a number of centuries, until a nuke turned them into pacifists.

But strictly speaking, I think the Nazi score of six million Jewish people, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of gypsies, homosexuals, political dissidents, the old, the infirm and the disabled is by far the worse atrocity committed in the past century.

What about the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia? East Timor? Guatemala? Yugoslavia? Rwanda?

The list goes on. Humans are such a warm , cute and cuddly race of animals.
Wed 17/12/03 at 12:58
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I mean any level, you see the point I made was the fact everyone in N.Ireland is quite obviously blinkered and has things like this shoved down their throats from quite a young age, however people fail to realise that the IRA have not nearly destroyed as many lives as America has, in the past century the IRA has only managed to end a few hundred lives and maybe ruin a few hundred more.Within the first few hours of America landing on Vietnamese soil in the Vietnam war, they managed to match and surpasse this total, yet the 'worlds policeman' America gets off free, why?, the argument I got back from that was that America were trying to free a country, why did the south vietnamese help the north vietnamese if N.Vietamese rule was that bad? did they not want to be 'free'?.
The IRA fought for the same thing here in Northern Ireland, they wanted freedom from the english invaders who conquered this country and who have wanted rid of it ever since, who's worse? America or the IRA?

(By the way I dont support any paramilitary organisation or any army which participates in the willful destruction of innocent civilians lives or indeed the demise of innocent civilians I find this cowardly and disgusting).
Wed 17/12/03 at 13:01
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Black hole wrote:
> Who do you guys or gals think is worse overall in terms of murdering
> and various atrocities throughout the past century?
>
> The Japanese were an imaginatively cruel race for a number of
> centuries, until a nuke turned them into pacifists.
>
> But strictly speaking, I think the Nazi score of six million Jewish
> people, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of gypsies,
> homosexuals, political dissidents, the old, the infirm and the
> disabled is by far the worse atrocity committed in the past century.
>
>
> What about the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia? East Timor? Guatemala?
> Yugoslavia? Rwanda?
>
> The list goes on. Humans are such a warm , cute and cuddly race of
> animals.

Exactly, I know what you mean but the total figure for the Vietnam war was much bigger, by about four million dead bodies bigger and guess what, the majority of american soldiers killed themselves after returning from Vietnam, why? It couldnt be guilt could it? They only tortured, maimed and destroyed about 5 million lives, thank you so much, compared to America, Germany is a saint.
Wed 17/12/03 at 13:03
"Darkness, always"
Any organisation that kills individuals to the tune of a political agenda is as bad as any other.

As for USA and Vietnam, they probably thought they were doing the right thing. They also went into Korea, when the North was being somewhat oppressive. Technically, the war lingers on...
Wed 17/12/03 at 13:06
"Darkness, always"
Black hole wrote:
> Exactly, I know what you mean but the total figure for the Vietnam
> war was much bigger, by about four million dead bodies bigger and
> guess what, the majority of american soldiers killed themselves after
> returning from Vietnam, why? It couldnt be guilt could it? They only
> tortured, maimed and destroyed about 5 million lives, thank you so
> much, compared to America, Germany is a saint.

Err... I somehow think the idea that "the majority" of US soldiers returning from Vietnam killed themselves, and for those that did, the fact that the majority of them were little more than conscripts, completely unprepared for any real manner of conflict and were dumped in the thick of a nightmarish warzone is enough to take anyone to the brink of despair.

And I wouldn't call Germany's history saint-like, after twice trying to take over the world, slaughtering anyone who got in the way...

Of course, England has no moral highground, having actually taken over much of the world before now anyway, murdering, pillagin, burning and slave-trading along the way...
Wed 17/12/03 at 13:08
Regular
the termites are worse, they have an unfair size advantage to the ants, although the ants have superior numbers.

it's a mixed bag, really

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.