GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bill Gates is the Antichrist!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 11:02
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Bill Gates Is the Antichrist !!!

DO YOU KNOW THAT BILL GATES' REAL NAME IS WILLIAM HENRY GATES III? HIS OFFICIAL REAL NAME NOW IS BILL GATES III. SO WHAT'S SO EERIE ABOUT THIS NAME? OK, IF YOU TAKE ALL THE LETTERS IN BILL GATES III AND THEN CONVERT IT IN ASCIII CODE (American Standard Code for Information and Interchange) AND THEN ADD UP ALL THE NUMBERS YOU WILL GET 666 WHICH IS THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!!! WEIRD!!! COINCIDENCE HUH? NOPE. TAKE WINDOWS 95 AND DO THE SAME PROCEDURE AND YOU WILL GET 666, TOO! AND THE SAME GOES FOR MS-DOS 6.31!!! WEIRD, RIGHT!!!

The whole thing:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blgates2.htm
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:15
Where are you studying, and what year?
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:11
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Icarus wrote:
> Our lectureres are like that as well. Though they use Linux, they
> constantly bash Micrsoft, oging on about how Bill Gates' is a drop
> out, stupid things really. But hey, each to their own.

Well, now that I've realised I hate Computer Science, if I can't change to Economics or Japanese I too will be a dropout... though far less successful that Mr. Gates.
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:08
Our lectureres are like that as well. Though they use Linux, they constantly bash Micrsoft, oging on about how Bill Gates' is a drop out, stupid things really. But hey, each to their own.
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:04
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Oh, and as for the IBM and Microsoft thing, I can tell you first hand:

Microsoft screwed IBM over.
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:03
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
People really give Bill Gates too harsh a deal. In fact, it turns out that he's a top bloke. As an example, ALL his money is slowly going to charity - his father goes from charity-to-charity all around the world giving them money. In Bill's will he leaves all but £3million to charities (that £3million goes to his two kids).

Now, I don't know about you, but if I ever became that rich, I would probably do exactly what he is with his money.

As for his company's products...

It it almost certainly true that Windows stole a LOT of ideas from Apple. BUT, it's also true that Apple stole almost all their ideas from Xerox! On a tour of the Xerox R&D site, Mr. Jobs, head of Apple, saw the first networked computers, Graphical User Interfaces and shared file stores. He then demanded that his development team be shown how these work and promptly stole the ideas!

But what really really annoys me is people who blabber on-and-on about how poor Windows is. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T USE IT. Simple eh? Plenty of my friends at uni use Macs or Linux, and it realy pees us off when, in the middle of a lecture, some gimp of a student points out to the lecturer how rubbish wondws is. SHUT UP! It's your fault for using something you don't like you loser! AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGG!

/Rant end

SonicRav
Wed 17/12/03 at 09:31
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Dr Gonzo - i stand corrected. thanks for the info!
> although my first post was deleted, maybe it was libelous ;)

um.. no it wasn't. it's just very early and i'm still not with it.... DOH!
Wed 17/12/03 at 09:30
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Dr Gonzo - i stand corrected. thanks for the info!
although my first post was deleted, maybe it was libelous ;)

still, always good to learn something new....
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:31
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I remember some crap I saw in a paper once about the number 13.

"The disaster of [insert random disaster here] took place on the 15th of December, take away 2 from the date and add one to the month number and you get 13! Wow, that is really weird!"

People are stupid.
Tue 16/12/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Very_Metal wrote:
> IBM and GAVE it
> to them, his contract stated that he be payed a royalty for every
> EXTRA IBM machine to use his OS, which of course, was pretty much all
> of them.. so he became very rich, very quickly.
> kinda underhanded :(

No - he licensed MS-DOS to IBM (and later Windows), that's neither giving them it or in any way underhand (it's also the way pretty much every piece of software is now sold). It's probably one of the most important business agreements ever signed - it almost by default resulted in the success of the IBM compatible PC that 90% of people will be viewing this on and turned Microsoft from a talented code shop to a multi-national mega-corp. If anyone else had have had the foresight of Bill Gates the deal wouldn't have been done - he was the one who knew how big the home computer could be.

As far as I know, Apple had nothing significant to do with either. MS-DOS came from QDOS, something a very raw coder sold to Microsoft after basically copying most of it out from a textbook, which Gates then refined. Apple did try to sue Microsoft after the launch of Windows, claiming that their idea of a GUI had been stolen as they’d released the first home computer featuring such an operating system. However, Apple had in turn “borrowed” the idea from Xerox, who did invent the first workable GUI, so Gates said that’s where they’d both got it from. In turn, the most important part of the modern GUI, the windows system, came from Douglas Engelbart, a stupidly clever bloke who amongst other things invented the mouse, and was instrumental in developing the internet and e-mail.
Tue 16/12/03 at 14:31
http://abstract.cs.washington.edu/~renacer/ ascii-matrix.html.gz

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.