GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bill Gates is the Antichrist!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 11:02
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Bill Gates Is the Antichrist !!!

DO YOU KNOW THAT BILL GATES' REAL NAME IS WILLIAM HENRY GATES III? HIS OFFICIAL REAL NAME NOW IS BILL GATES III. SO WHAT'S SO EERIE ABOUT THIS NAME? OK, IF YOU TAKE ALL THE LETTERS IN BILL GATES III AND THEN CONVERT IT IN ASCIII CODE (American Standard Code for Information and Interchange) AND THEN ADD UP ALL THE NUMBERS YOU WILL GET 666 WHICH IS THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!!! WEIRD!!! COINCIDENCE HUH? NOPE. TAKE WINDOWS 95 AND DO THE SAME PROCEDURE AND YOU WILL GET 666, TOO! AND THE SAME GOES FOR MS-DOS 6.31!!! WEIRD, RIGHT!!!

The whole thing:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blgates2.htm
Sat 20/12/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
They could be two totally unconnected events. I'm only going on what I've read and seen in numerous books/interviews, some of them including the top brass at IBM. While MS weren't anywhere near they're position now, they were still a cash rich company even when developing DOS, so I can't understand why they'd need to use IBM's equipment to work on other projects.
Fri 19/12/03 at 23:28
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> ===SONICRAV---wrote:
> Microsoft screwed IBM over.
>
> You can say MS got a lot more out of the deal than IBM and that with
> hindsight IBM would never have agreed, but at the time it was a bit
> of inspired work from Gates to have the foresight to structure it as
> it was. IBM ditched work on their own O/S as they were that
> impressed by Gates and what he was offering – that does sound like
> someone acting with a gun held to their head?

Well, not quite...

Having spoken to the people who actually worked on the project, a more realistic idea of what happened is this...

IBM invited MS into their shop to make a GUI for OS/2. So, MS move in and help IBM teams work on it. One day an IBM employee finds a document on someone's desk and asks what it is... the MS employee says that its "the other project we're working on".... so IBM kick MS out!

Obviously a lot more complicated than that, but it's straight from the horses mouth!

Sonic
Fri 19/12/03 at 15:55
"sonic rules"
metal_gear_muffin wrote:
> SHEEPY wrote:
> If I pick my nose, then smash my keyboard with my head whilst in
> Microsoft Word THEN go to the toilet.
>
> I come back AAAANNNND AAAANNND there's a picture of Bill Gates
> eating
> a baby.
>
>
> Hey, I have a new idea, drop a Windows computer out of a skyscraper,
> u will notice that it produces a cell phone and calls someone, it is
> calling...
> Super Boffin (aka Bill Gates)
> he will appear in a cape with the windows logo on it to save the
> windows, if u r quick then don't fire a sniper as he is almost
> invincible, first, burn some money to weaken his defences and he will
> start crying and wailing, then finish him off with some linuxite or
> macite (geddit!!! - as in superman's weakness - kryptonite, ha ha
> ha...)
>
> *plans next assault on Bill Gates while looking lovingly at his ps2
> and network adaptor thinking 'could I possibly soil on his cape next
> time?'

the genius who supplied this second idea can be contacted at [email protected]
Fri 19/12/03 at 15:51
"sonic rules"
SHEEPY wrote:
> If I pick my nose, then smash my keyboard with my head whilst in
> Microsoft Word THEN go to the toilet.
>
> I come back AAAANNNND AAAANNND there's a picture of Bill Gates eating
> a baby.

Hey, I have a new idea, drop a Windows computer out of a skyscraper, u will notice that it produces a cell phone and calls someone, it is calling...
Super Boffin (aka Bill Gates)
he will appear in a cape with the windows logo on it to save the windows, if u r quick then don't fire a sniper as he is almost invincible, first, burn some money to weaken his defences and he will start crying and wailing, then finish him off with some linuxite or macite (geddit!!! - as in superman's weakness - kryptonite, ha ha ha...)

*plans next assault on Bill Gates while looking lovingly at his ps2 and network adaptor thinking 'could I possibly soil on his cape next time?'
Thu 18/12/03 at 11:30
Regular
Icarus wrote:
> Our lectureres are like that as well. Though they use Linux, they
> constantly bash Micrsoft, oging on about how Bill Gates' is a drop
> out, stupid things really. But hey, each to their own.

Heh.

My computing teacher insists on plugging the Mac, and how "overly complicated" Windows is.

I hate people who complain about Windows, If you don't like it, Don't use it. Simple.

Windows only crash's because of Hardware/Software conflicts.
Thu 18/12/03 at 00:00
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Microsoft screwed IBM over.

You can say MS got a lot more out of the deal than IBM and that with hindsight IBM would never have agreed, but at the time it was a bit of inspired work from Gates to have the foresight to structure it as it was. IBM ditched work on their own O/S as they were that impressed by Gates and what he was offering – that does sound like someone acting with a gun held to their head?
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:52
That sounds like a top gap year to me, something I would love to do... but as things are, 23 hours of labs and lectures. I agree with you on the learning to program thing though - basically, we're just reading a book and learning from that, with the exception of having uni reosurces at hand.
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Icarus wrote:
> Wow, so the stuff you did at IBM didn't encourage you to stay with a
> CS course?

Don't get me wrong - I LOVED the work I did at IBM. As well as living and working with other gap year people, I started off knowing nothing except some Visual Basic, and ended as an ISDN protocol developer using C in an AIX (UNIX) environment. It was one of the best years of my life, and I'm definitely going to go back, but in other job areas.

The thing is, I don't see myself programming stuff all my life - I'd much rather have a customer-facing job like technical sales or consultancy. Hence the possible change to economics. Also, the comp sci course really pees me off - if I can learn how to program well in 10 months work experience, why should I do a 3 year degree in it?!

Then again, I also learned Japanese during my gap year and travelled there with the money I earned... and I love the culture and language- so that's another option. I'd love to also learn mandarin and go and work for someone like the UN out in East asia.

SonicRav
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:33
Wow, so the stuff you did at IBM didn't encourage you to stay with a CS course?
Wed 17/12/03 at 22:31
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Icarus wrote:
> Where are you studying, and what year?

Just finnished my first term in Computer Science. Last year I did a gap year working for IBM and then travelling in Japan. Now I realise I don't actually want to become a programmer, and that, in general, people doing computer science work FAR too hard!

Sonicrav

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.