GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Watch out Nintendo..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/05/05 at 17:45
"possibly impossible"
...you only have another 4 months until another handheld joins the market...

...I mean, September! Are Sony trying to pee the UK off or something?
Mon 09/05/05 at 21:42
Regular
You can pick up a wireless router for your house for about £40-50. And they'll be making a killing. And they hardly sell well. So I'd imagine it would only knock £10 onto the price.

We'll have to see.
Mon 09/05/05 at 17:18
Regular
I can't see it raising the cost THAT much...
The wireless transmitter? The DS has that.
The router? The Xbox has that.

Anysway, Nintendo know what they're doing. Trust! ;-)
Mon 09/05/05 at 16:04
Regular
"and PC user"
So the Revolution will have a built in Wi-Fi 80211g hub. So in theory, multiple DS users could play games against each other without needing a specific HUB - the Revolution can double up as a hub. And I guess, the built in hub could be used to communicate with other Revolution consoles, and any other wi-fi enabled equipment. Sounds a good idea, but it would add to the cost of the Revolution console. One thing they might do is make it "Nintendo" only - so it would only work with Nintendo wi-fi equipment. I will wait and see what happens. If they have done things like dimis DVD in the past, I am not so sure they are likely to build in a wifi hub to their next home console.
Sat 07/05/05 at 18:18
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> World wide WI-FI wont switch on overnight. It doesnt work like that.
> Frequency clearance is rquired in each area before that could happen.
> In any case wi-fi for internet access is already here - or rather in
> "hot spots". PSP users could in theory play multiplayer
> games in hot spots with other PSP users, without needing their own
> wi-fi "hub". But none of this is any good, if there are no
> such hot spots where you live.

My house is a hot spot.

And Nintendo's new revolution system is supposed to be used as a router... I think.

It'll be part of Nintendo's new announcement at E3.
Thu 05/05/05 at 18:23
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
That is true. If they did a Goldeneye/Ocarina cart, that'd be good.
Thu 05/05/05 at 18:22
Regular
"8==="
Personally I just don't like handhelds.

Goldeneye 64 would be good though.
Thu 05/05/05 at 18:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
that's just not true though, is it?
Thu 05/05/05 at 18:09
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
When the PSP comes out, most people will have already got a DS and be playing that.

"Hey, the PSP's come out!"

"Uh-huh... I'll do it in five minutes..."
Thu 05/05/05 at 16:14
Regular
"and PC user"
World wide WI-FI wont switch on overnight. It doesnt work like that. Frequency clearance is rquired in each area before that could happen. In any case wi-fi for internet access is already here - or rather in "hot spots". PSP users could in theory play multiplayer games in hot spots with other PSP users, without needing their own wi-fi "hub". But none of this is any good, if there are no such hot spots where you live.
Thu 05/05/05 at 08:37
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> PSP's wi-fi ability will be limited from launch

From what I've experienced, it's not very limited at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.