GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats your most memorable event in a computer game?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/12/03 at 12:24
Regular
"eat toast!"
Right, hope this hasn't been done. But what would be your greatest/disasterous/ proudest moment(s) when you have been playing games?

Please specify the game it was on and the event that took place.

I'll tell you my one later.
Sun 14/12/03 at 11:04
Regular
"you've got a beard"
1) finishing Super Mario World on the SNES 100%
i was dead pleased with this little achievement, and i still love the game!

2) the death of Aerith (Final Fantasy 7)
can't say i missed her as part of the team, but the way the story made you care about her more JUST before she dies was utter brilliance.

3) ISS 3 on the gamecube.
i've never experienced rage over a game like i did with this one. for me, it was an atrocity, bearly even playable.

4) Army Days on the C64.... my first experience of home gaming.. AND using a light gun.. t'was DYNAMITE! :)
Sun 14/12/03 at 09:46
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Most memorable event? Probably when you meet the ex-girlfriend who tried to kill you in GTA3.
Sun 14/12/03 at 09:28
Regular
"eat toast!"
Yes, shogun was great, but personally the game physics weren't as good as Medievil's.

Still, i still had one titanic clash with my long evil villians imawgawa. The scene was place of much blood shed and to raise the stakes, both daiymos was on the field. My army consisted more on archers then spearmen. there forces were all fighting units.

With heavy cavalry on the flanks we began pelting them and as they got close we went round the back and nailed most of them. But when their daiymo began to come along things got nasty. So in hero like fashion, i charged into him and the fight was on. MOst of his forces were in drabs fighting for their very exsistance or running for dear life. Sending one of my horseman units to chase them, the rest converged on anyone who was still fresh or wasn't routing. The main fight still raged on, so being a little agaitated by their stubborn resistance, i send in my no dachi warriors to back up my leader and any free spearman i could afford and the king was slain.

Final death count nearly 600 for me, 800+ for him.

My brother one time fought a battle so nasty that this one valley was littered with the dead and it looked bad. deaths were around the 1000 mark.
Sat 13/12/03 at 18:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Sounds like Medieval Total War to me.

Ahh, Shogun.

One of the best things ever was in Shogun.

I was lining up against the Oda clan, far more powerful than me, but they had no heirs. I launched a large attack on their province which had their Dymo or whatever his name is in it.

It was that map with two hills and a very deep cutting in between them, and then flats either end of the map. I launced a 3 pronged attack, annihaleted their first attack, and then swung my heavy cavalry and warrior monks into the Kings guard. Killed him instantly.

Their army fled, losing all the time to my Yari Cavalry, and the Oda clain collapsed. I crushed the Rebels and cried sweet victory!

---

Or simply looking up at the sky in Phendrana Drifts, on Metroid Prime.
Sat 13/12/03 at 17:25
Regular
"Balls"
final fantasy 7, my second most powerful character died for good... why lord?? take the weak useless one!!!
Sat 13/12/03 at 16:25
"Uzi Lover"
What game is that from spoonbeast?
Sat 13/12/03 at 16:13
"period drama"
Mine is playing Battle of Olympus on the NES on a Saturday afternoon with a plastic cup of apple juice and some digestive biscuits. Such memories.
Those flying sandals, what fun we had.
Sat 13/12/03 at 15:40
Regular
"\\"
You're talking about a game right?
Sat 13/12/03 at 15:38
Regular
"eat toast!"
well, my one would be was beating an army that was several times my size and winning it. Another would be the time that the spanish invaded my terrortry with 5 large armies when only 2 and a half of my armies was left to hold the line.No reinforcements and if anyone of my armies were beaten, you could have seen france fall. I managed to protect my borders but only just. The fact that i won against large numbers gave me the greatest of satisfaction.
Sat 13/12/03 at 15:30
Regular
"\\"
Ummm... Dieing on the second to last boss on Sonic 2... Ahh the memories *punches wall* STUPID METAL SONIC!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.