GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats your most memorable event in a computer game?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/12/03 at 12:24
Regular
"eat toast!"
Right, hope this hasn't been done. But what would be your greatest/disasterous/ proudest moment(s) when you have been playing games?

Please specify the game it was on and the event that took place.

I'll tell you my one later.
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:04
Regular
those imps were great, you could get them to fight each other!

i used to create my own levels, and put cyberdemons in silly places, then play against other people via modem, without telling them about where I had put them, and had a good chuckle as they got slaughtered.

I used to spend whole nights playing the campaign, co-op, on Doom 2.

that was until my parents got a £300 phone bill :S
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:01
Regular
"Twenty quid."
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> IDDQD
> IDKFA
> IDCLEV
>
> I remember them as though it were yesterday.

I used to use IDFA so I still had to find the keys - still made it a *little* bit of a challenge ...
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:01
Completing shenmue 2 was pretty memorable.
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:00
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> Oh, yeah - that too. But I couldn't finish that without cheating ...

IDDQD
IDKFA
IDCLEV

I remember them as though it were yesterday.
Sun 14/12/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ah yeah - Tetris and Zelda on the old, old Gameboy! Did them both on the hardest levels and stuff.

The Desert Strike on the Mega Drive.

Then there was Doom on my 486! Which leads to playing Doom on the Playstation and doing that trick with the biro so that you can play linkup with one copy!

Funniest moment was playing ISS to "Out of Space" by The Prodigy, the ball goes in the air way over the goal, the music goes quiet and it the ball hits a billboard at the exact same time it does that "boing" thing in the song! Laughed so much that day.
Sun 14/12/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Oh, yeah - that too. But I couldn't finish that without cheating ... :-(
Sun 14/12/03 at 13:57
Regular
*had attacked
Sun 14/12/03 at 13:57
Regular
finishing Doom, and seeing the rabbits head on a stick, and burning buildings, signifying that the hell spawns head attacked the cities of earth
Sun 14/12/03 at 13:55
Regular
"Twenty quid."
In chronological order ...

Finishing Citadel on the BBC and getting a crappy "Incredible! You are now ruler of Citadel!" message.

Finishing Imogen on the BBC and reading the end credits.

Finishing Superfrog on the Amiga and laughing my ass off at the closing animation.

Finishing Tetris on the hardest level on the Gameboy and seeing the Space Shuttle take off ... then doing it again so my mate could see it, too.

Finishing Grim Fandango on the PC and watching the end-of-game movie.
Sun 14/12/03 at 13:36
Regular
Legend of zelda: the ocarina of time.

When I had collected the three spiritual stones and thought that the adventure was over and dicovered that it had only begun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.