GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"whats your most memorable event in a computer game?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/12/03 at 12:24
Regular
"eat toast!"
Right, hope this hasn't been done. But what would be your greatest/disasterous/ proudest moment(s) when you have been playing games?

Please specify the game it was on and the event that took place.

I'll tell you my one later.
Mon 15/12/03 at 15:59
Regular
"eat toast!"
ghost and goblins is probably one of the most hardest, annoying games and i never completed it. i was stuck.

Incidently, has anyone tried playing godmode in doom 2 and gone to the suberbs level (the one after which was possible for you to go to the wolfenstein levels properly) and unleashed everything (you know, everything began teleporting) and then got the arch ville into the battle? Its funny and carnage.
Sun 14/12/03 at 15:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Completing Ghosts and Goblins was probably my greatest achievement to date *ahhh remembers the days when games were actually difficult*

That and also the opening sequence to Final Fantasy 7. I hadn't seen an FMV just slide so effortlessly into in-game action before and that was just jaw dropping. (for the time anyway)
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:23
Regular
"Twenty quid."
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> what really made things interesting were those evil sorceror things
> in Doom 2, which could resurrect the dead enemies, aswell as set you
> on fire and blow you up.
>
> It was hilarious watching your comrade suddenly set on fire, and
> explode, with his guts flying through the air.

Ooooh, the Arch-Vile! They scared the crap out of me and they could run like a bloody gazelle, too.
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:11
Regular
cradle was damn well annoying.

also, that other one, control, where tanya keeps getting shot by those guys behind the glass.

god that was annoying.
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:11
Regular
*seeing the Nintendo and Rare logo on Goldeneye ;)
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:10
Regular
Completing Cradle on Secret Agent on Goldeneye. (plus I unlocked Aztec after that)

Don't know why, but it seemed to take me ages to be able to do it.

Also, turning on my N64 for the first time and seeing the Nintendo and Rare logo :)
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:10
Regular
"eat toast!"
ah doom 2, another classic moment there. I completed ultra violence and i accidently launched a rocket when i was coming down and i was killed in the process. But thankfully i killed the boss and despite being dead, the game said i won.
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:09
Regular
"why is this so hard"
if someone could help me hook up my ps2 i would owe them my life
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:09
Regular
yeah, those flying red things were cacodemons.

what really made things interesting were those evil sorceror things in Doom 2, which could resurrect the dead enemies, aswell as set you on fire and blow you up.

It was hilarious watching your comrade suddenly set on fire, and explode, with his guts flying through the air.

I hope they keep a lot of the enemies in for Doom 3!
Sun 14/12/03 at 14:07
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Do you remember 'Tricks And Traps'? You could open one door and annoy the flying, red, one-eyed things and open another door with the Cyber-demon and his co-horts and they'd have a pitch battle! Just turn on invisibility and sit back and watch ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.