GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I hate the main reason why we have out games later than any other country in Britain!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/03/01 at 00:59
Regular
The main reason is cos they decide to stick other languages in our games and sell them as European versions.

The US and Canada have all their games in just English even though there are a lot of Mexicans in the south who speak Spanish and in Canada they mostly speak French!

So why don't we in the UK have just Enlgish version games?

The reason is cos companies decide to kill 2 birds with one stone....they make the games cheaply in Europe and stick loads of languages in the game making us have to wait another few months til launch.

I hate when they do that!
Mon 19/03/01 at 20:34
Regular
"everyone says it"
get rid of Dans topic post, ignore.
Mon 19/03/01 at 19:48
Regular
:)
Mon 19/03/01 at 17:17
Regular
Look at RARE for good people to look up to.
Mon 19/03/01 at 12:59
Regular
"Complete Banker"
It's not 100% true. We do get some games earlier than Japan and the US.. For example Spyro and Wipeout 2097 (???) were released there before anywhere else and driver was released in Japan about 6 months after we had it here.

However these are exceptions to the rule and generally we do get stuff later. But things are changing - for example ZOE is only released in the US in thursday and we (should) get it friday!
Sun 18/03/01 at 22:16
Oh I see, my money aint good enough for ya! Come on then i'll nuke ya! Except we can't do that anymore...
Sun 18/03/01 at 22:14
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I still like the quaint japanese developers... the man who made the hedgehog.... Naka-san... not bad really

Sonic

PS. this and my last post are jokes! Don't take them seriously. The Japanese make the most epic games because they have the money. Sayin that, the brits do a danm good job!

Sun 18/03/01 at 22:12
Yes but all the best games have at least one Brit in them... Like Deus Ex, or Half-Life... Hmm, wait a minute... Well im sure Gordon Freeman was british or at least orginally decended from a Brit who came over to "colonise" (read Conquer) America. Umm, and i'm sure there was a Brit in Deus Ex... At least a German anyway.
Sun 18/03/01 at 22:08
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Hmmm... those japs ain't too bad... Mr. Miyamoto or something... quite like Naka's work myslef- made some hedgehog! Nice idea

Sonic
Sun 18/03/01 at 22:03
Well, Black & White is British made and hasn't been released any earlier in the USA, so that's good. Anyway it takes Brits to make better games (Project IGI: British secret agent, Goldeneye: British secret agent, No one Lives Forever: British secret agent) and lots of games have Brits in their production teams even if they are being made in foreign places.
Sun 18/03/01 at 22:01
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
PAL is the best.. it was invented after the americans adopted NTSC.... the problem is that the better quality results in slower picture updates.. so games run slower here. Try the 60Hz option on any DC game for example... that is basically the NTSC version of the game- games like sonic run way better

SonicRav

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.