GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't wanna spend £110 this year on WOW..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 04/05/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
...but it looks like I'm going to.

I hate you all.
Mon 09/05/05 at 15:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I did that with an Orc Warrior yesterday tanking, I stood at the back and healed him whilst he frenzykilled.
I healed him, trolled over and took the flagpieces. Job done.
But yeah it's hard.

Last centuar quest though.
I still can't believe I got a rubbish cape for 60tusks, talk about mealymouthed rewards.
Mon 09/05/05 at 15:57
Regular
Stormwind me thinks, it may have been IF though. If you hang on you can hopefully buy mine as there is a new one unlocked at level 32 I think. I am a c*ck hair off lvl 32 so if you can sit tight I'll sell you mine. Cost 1G 42S at the time, will part with the beast for 50S if you so humbly accept :D
Mon 09/05/05 at 15:53
Regular
Ahahgaggaahgarsrsvhra

Got a quest in horde, Barrens, Counter Attack! Means a crapload of centaurs rush the outpost where you're situated, try to attack, orcs and trolls (axe throwers no less, real Warcraft) come to your aid and naturally drop like flies. It's the first real 'at war' quest I've seen, and it's awesome.

But it's so damn hard!

I die at least three/four times during it, it seems impossible to do on your own. Also, it seems the Warlord (who's torn banner you're after) doesn't seem to like appearing any less than randomly.

So rar.
Mon 09/05/05 at 15:53
Regular
Cycloon wrote:

> Anyway, 57G - just had an awesome run in SM, managed to get 3 Blue
> items, I was rolling 80+ most of the time! Twas great. Re-specced my
> talents, and for 1G, it was really worth erasing my earlier mistakes
> and I'm now much more streamlined and can deal more damage, whilst
> keeping the best Discipline advantages. 10 Disc, 0 Holy, 24 Shadow =
> far better at soloing.

You're turning into one of those people in the Game Workshop that you laugh at when you walk past.

Rolling 80+?

Please tell me you don't have some kind of computer aided dice system?
Mon 09/05/05 at 15:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Think i might go and buy me a crossbow after hearing you rave about it. Where did you get yours SS
Mon 09/05/05 at 15:38
Regular
What loot do you get in the lvl 40 areas? I can't understand why people have so much trouble saving up for mounts when even in Wetlands/Ashenvale the loot is more than enought to save up quickly. If you head up to Dun Modr the Elite Dwarves give between 2-4S each time and the additional weapon loot you get from them means you can save up in no time at all.

Struck lucky in Desolcae yesterday, looted a 12 slot bag and a host of other stuff, 10mins work got me over 1G.
Mon 09/05/05 at 14:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Level 43, power levelling at the moment, great for whenever I come across a Horde (most of the time) because they leave me alone.

Although, an example of needless rubbish from one horde. I was level 42, in SGV and he was level 41, and he was being chased by a level 42 mob, so I quickly pained/flayed/vampired the mob and he took me on instead. The shaman ran off. Turned around and decided that when ANOTHER mob attacked me, it was time to get a kill. I feared him, then blew half his health off before 3 level 40 Alliance came around the corner.

He found me again later, so I managed to fear him into several level 42 mobs. Which made me cackle.

Anyway, 57G - just had an awesome run in SM, managed to get 3 Blue items, I was rolling 80+ most of the time! Twas great. Re-specced my talents, and for 1G, it was really worth erasing my earlier mistakes and I'm now much more streamlined and can deal more damage, whilst keeping the best Discipline advantages. 10 Disc, 0 Holy, 24 Shadow = far better at soloing.
Mon 09/05/05 at 08:36
Regular
Followed the advice earlier and grabbed a cross-bow and it's safe to say they are waaaaay better than the standard bow.

Really close to level 32 now, got 6G saved up and I am going to keep saving stuff up ready for level 40 when I can get the Mount and Mail Armour.

Can't believe how fast Hunters can level up, the pets really act as a solo character when fighting similar levelled characters so you can crack on with solo quests in no time at all.

Managed to finish the Wetlands completely last night, started a bit in the Barrens and am a c*ck hair away from ridding the awfulness of Ashenvale (aside from raids etc) - really sucky place to solo quest with the bum boy Horde around to spoil it everytime you get somewhere half decent.

At this rate I am hoping to be level 40 by next week sometime but as I understand XP doesn't really come all that easy in the mid 30 levels so I won't hold my breath on that.
Mon 09/05/05 at 01:35
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
In response to the last 2 posts... Uni firewall and P2P based software = big no no!!

But on the other hand my patience paid off... Im hooked, much to the disgust of my pseudo girlfriend who couldn't belive that I gave up a decent house party in favour of a WoW quest!!

let the fun begin!!
Sun 08/05/05 at 19:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
tigamilla wrote:
> spent the last 2 hours queuing for fileplanet to get the big patch,
> and now its update after bl**dy update...
>
> Why can't they just post downloadable updates on the website??

Just use the P2P updater that comes with it? That's been fine for me, I was getting 140kb/s with it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.