GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't wanna spend £110 this year on WOW..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Wed 04/05/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
...but it looks like I'm going to.

I hate you all.
Tue 10/05/05 at 15:26
Regular
Ahh right, what level you at with your Hunter?
Tue 10/05/05 at 15:22
Regular
Suicide Soldier wrote:
> Bullet - you're a Druid aren't you? Hunters have loads of special
> arrow abilities, really powerful shots, one of mine does 200 with the
> initial shot and if it's a critical hit I get closer to 400. I can
> already have 700ish taken down before they even get close at times.
> Was tempted to get a gun originally but for Hunters the arrow weapons
> are way better.

I'm a Hunter too, and have found the gun to be far more effective. I still get all the arrow moves, but in bullet form. I'll no doubt pick a crossbow up and see if it's any good, I've got to get the skill up after all, I paid for it!
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:34
Regular
Yeah I had the same feeling when I went from Menethil Harbour > Ironforge > Desolace - 3 completely contrasting areas each excellent in their own right.

Awesome game, bordering on Lisa Riley sexual.
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Just been in Tanaris. It's amazing.

Feels like a completely different world to somewhere like the Plaguelands or elsewhere.

WoW is amazing.
Tue 10/05/05 at 13:28
Regular
Bullet - you're a Druid aren't you? Hunters have loads of special arrow abilities, really powerful shots, one of mine does 200 with the initial shot and if it's a critical hit I get closer to 400. I can already have 700ish taken down before they even get close at times. Was tempted to get a gun originally but for Hunters the arrow weapons are way better.

Managed to get down to Blackfatham last night with Kawada only to realise how incredibly bad it is - by far the worst bit of the game I have played so far, ended up abandoing one of the quests in the end through sheer boredom/annoyance and with no XP to boot it just seemed so incredibly pointless.

Pro Evo - managed to thief claw in the end, took a while to learn it but I managed to teach it to the other beat and abandon the Scorpid. I have Rank 4 for Claw and I am guessing the only way to get rank 5 is to tame a pet with rank 5 rather than being able to train it through a pet trainer? May be wrong on this but it looks like the way it works.

One quest off completely finishing Ashenvale, the Wetlands are finished so I am going to have to head somewhere completely different now, not sure where though...
Tue 10/05/05 at 11:20
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I'm having difficulty on a quest to kill some kobolds.

The D&D nerd in me burns with shame at this...
Tue 10/05/05 at 06:46
Regular
To be honest, the crossbows I've seen pale in comparison to the guns available at similar levels. I currently see no reason to part with my current shotgun as it packs more punch than any crossbow available to me.

Still, I bought the crossbow skill just in case anyway, along with 1 and 2 handed swords, both of which I have skilled up further than my standard axes.
Mon 09/05/05 at 17:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Cycloon wrote:
>
> Anyway, 57G - just had an awesome run in SM, managed to get 3 Blue
> items, I was rolling 80+ most of the time! Twas great. Re-specced my
> talents, and for 1G, it was really worth erasing my earlier mistakes
> and I'm now much more streamlined and can deal more damage, whilst
> keeping the best Discipline advantages. 10 Disc, 0 Holy, 24 Shadow =
> far better at soloing.
>
> You're turning into one of those people in the Game Workshop that you
> laugh at when you walk past.
>
> Rolling 80+?
>
> Please tell me you don't have some kind of computer aided dice
> system?

Yes, there is a dice system. For when you loot a rare item in a group, whoever rolls highest wins. It's hardly geekier than anything else in the game.
Mon 09/05/05 at 16:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Ahahgaggaahgarsrsvhra
>
> Got a quest in horde, Barrens, Counter Attack! Means a crapload of
> centaurs rush the outpost where you're situated, try to attack, orcs
> and trolls (axe throwers no less, real Warcraft) come to your aid and
> naturally drop like flies. It's the first real 'at war' quest I've
> seen, and it's awesome.
>
> But it's so damn hard!

I remember doing that quest, I also remeber trying to solo it thinking the Orc and Troll NPCs plus the other players would be enough of a distraction for me to get in, complete the objective and get out again. I didn't quite succeed.

I eventually got in a group and we spent about five minutes (or what seemed like five minutes) just killing as many centaurs as we could until the final warlord spwned. Difficult quest, but excellent all the same, pity there's not more like them.
Mon 09/05/05 at 16:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Rip off!!!!!!!!!!! ................. ok :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.