GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YH QotD."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/12/03 at 08:55
Regular
If there was this machine, that when you walked into it, it would copy you in every way (physical appearance, memories, emotions etc), but then deleted the "you" that walked into the machine, and let the copy out, would you walk in?

If you wouldn't, why not?
Thu 11/12/03 at 23:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have the same device

I call it a cupboard and when I step in AN EXACT COPY OF ME IS MADE WITHOUT ME KNOWING. I'll go do it now.......

See? It's me Sheepy

Waheh
Thu 11/12/03 at 23:04
Regular
"699 days!"
I wouldn't, because despite the fact that the machine is exactly like me, it is not me - it is not the same thing as before I walked in. It would be like giving something else your life, but I myself would still be dead.

By the way - anyone remember me? :-)
Thu 11/12/03 at 23:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I wouldn't try it because I see no reason why I should.
Thu 11/12/03 at 23:00
"Darkness, always"
I do, but you're only considering it from the perspective that YOU are solely and only ever the original you.

Think about it from the clone's perspective. If no-one told you that there was another you that got destroyed, the clone, for all intents and purposes IS you.
Thu 11/12/03 at 21:12
Regular
"That's right!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Of course you control the clone, you ARE the clone. It's nothing to do
> with controlling both of them.

------

No, the clone is a copy of you. How could YOU control the clone, if you're dead? You just don't see what I'm getting at, do you?

------

> As for re-incarnation, the very concept is completely stupid.

----

Maybe so, but to me it's more realistic than heaven.
Thu 11/12/03 at 21:07
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> If I span round really fast whilst it was copying me, would it make a
> version of me that was completely cylindrical?
Funniest thing I've read today.
*Laughs*
Thu 11/12/03 at 21:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I once removed a mole on my belly by tying string around it to cut off
> the blood supply.
>
> Worked perfectly.

Cool, i had a mole removed too, but i used a surgeon.

I think IB is right, despite the original you being destroyed you would believe that you were still alive. Probably waking up as the clone and thinking something along the lines of "WTF?".
Thu 11/12/03 at 18:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Paradox wrote:
> I dont trust science, so no.

Says he who typed that silly comment on an apparatus and chair entirely constructed using science....
Thu 11/12/03 at 18:49
"Darkness, always"
Of course you control the clone, you ARE the clone. It's nothing to do with controlling both of them.

As for re-incarnation, the very concept is completely stupid.
Thu 11/12/03 at 18:33
Regular
"That's right!"
"The only thing that makes it any difference is the prior knowledge that your previous body would be destroyed."

Exactly. To the new you, they'd be the real you. But YOU would be dead. The thing that makes your decisions, controls your body etc would be dead. Everything would end for you, and start for the other you which would be someone else.

I say again - if the original you wasn't deleted, you would NOT control both bodies. So what's controlling the clone? It's not you, that's for sure.

Don't you people believe in re-incarnation?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.