GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unable To Connect."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Tue 10/05/05 at 16:58
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Right now when trying to log in to WoW it gets stuck on connecting for a bit then it goes to 'Unable to Connect'. Plus the WoW website is down.

What will i do now?????

*Cries* :'(
Tue 10/05/05 at 16:58
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Right now when trying to log in to WoW it gets stuck on connecting for a bit then it goes to 'Unable to Connect'. Plus the WoW website is down.

What will i do now?????

*Cries* :'(
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Every server is down.

Noooooooooooooooooo!

It was quite strange though while playing when it went down, you could move around but everyone had just stopped moving or carried on running in the same direction, which resulted in lots of people running into walls!

What am I meant to do now?
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:06
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
I'd go outside but the sunlight would burn through me now... :(
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:10
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
"Starting with scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, May 10, 2005, all scheduled maintenance will be performed with a new schedule that begins at 5 AM and ends at 11 AM PDT. This will allow us the window of time we need to perform the necessary maintenance tasks to our infrastructure as part of our continued efforts in improving realm stability and performance. We realize that this is inconvenient, yet we believe that it will result in an overall improvement for our player base."

What is PDT time in relation to GMT?
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
8 hours behind UK i think, as long as it's Pacific Daylight Time, which is what i'm thinking of here
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:14
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Yep, just found that out, in that case the servers should still be up, right?

Oh well, I'll find something to do for the time being.
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I thought it was a Wedsnesday they were starting maintenance on European servers?

"It was quite strange though while playing when it went down, you could move around but everyone had just stopped moving or carried on running in the same direction, which resulted in lots of people running into walls!"

Sounds like the server bomb that happened a couple (few? I lose track) of Sundays ago.

[edit] Thought so. "In response to player input, the European weekly maintenance hours have been changed. Starting May 11th, Europe’s new maintenance window will be on Wednesday mornings from 5:00 am until 11:00 am CEST (Central European Summer Time). If a patch is applied during maintenance, then the window will be from 3:00 am until 11:00 am CEST."

It's a server crash all. Don't hold your breath for them coming back up. :D
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It must be a huuuuge crash for everything to go down.
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:43
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
And there was me about to reboot blaming the whole thing on my dear old PC...

Dang... I was doing so well at the time.
Tue 10/05/05 at 17:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I was going to go on it for 2 minutes... a sign.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.