GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what trilogy to rule them all"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/12/03 at 17:41
"just a little b*gge"
What Saga / trilogy do you like the best
1)The matrix
2)Lord of the ring

In my opinion "Lord of the Ring" has made more money than what "The Matrix" has
Anyway which one do you prefer , I think that L.o.t.R is way better than The Matrix (I am a fan of both Saga's)
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:43
"Darkness, always"
A Better Tomorrow was the original "heroic bloodshed" flick. Sparked the whole genre, and pretty much made the entire cast famous (John Woo was already well famed for his Kung Fu movies).

Hard Boiled is awesome though, although I did always wonder why there were spatterings of english language in it ("This is a ****ing order!").

Have you seen Last Hurrah for Chivalry? Top Kung Fu flick from John Woo, raising many issues about friendship etc.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:43
"Darkness, always"
Oh yeah, Bullet in the Head is another awesome John Woo movie, again raising friendship issues.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It's just a shame that John Woo had to go to Hollywood.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:52
Regular
How about....

Beverly Hills Cop.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh my god, I saw Hard Boiled the other week and I thought it was rubbish! Just really, really bad storytelling, with tons of plot holes and useless dialogue. Cliched to the max, the only thing going for it was the shooty scenes, which were pretty naff.
Fri 05/12/03 at 14:03
"Darkness, always"
philistine.
Fri 05/12/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> philistine.

Agreed. Its a clasic (well, the subtitled version anyway)
Fri 05/12/03 at 14:06
Regular
"keep your receipt"
The Cannibal trilogy anyone?
Fri 05/12/03 at 14:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mess wrote:
> The Cannibal trilogy anyone?

What, ending in Cannibal Ferox? Very poor films IMHO.
Fri 05/12/03 at 14:21
Regular
"That's right!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Robocop 2 was ok, but 3 was quite rightly slated for being one of the
> worst films ever made.

---------

I have to disagree. Robocop 2 got rid of all the emotion, all the drama, and just made him shoot more people. At least Robocop 3 went back to the basics. They got Basil Poledouris back to do the classic theme, and although the Verhoeven (hmm, I'm sure that's not how you spell it) violence was gone, the story was there. Robo was going against his programming, what he was TOLD was right, to do what he FELT was right.

Hey, it's still not a good film, it still had that girl with the laptop, a laughable villain and you could see the wires when Robo was flying in the building, but Robocop 2 was just senseless comic book action and violence. Robocop is a classic, Robocop 3, despite its faults, is still much better than number 2.

And, IB, Revolutions was NOT a good film in my opinion. I didn't enjoy it. No great action sequences, no great story telling, or story to tell in fact. At least Reloaded had the action. Revolutions was all talking until the end when they had THE biggest let down in cinema history just about - Neo/Smith round 2 was crap, instead of the "best fight ever" it should have been to close such an epic trilogy.

Imagine if Vader vs Luke in Return of the Jedi had been crap? It would have piddled on everything they'd worked for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.