GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what trilogy to rule them all"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/12/03 at 17:41
"just a little b*gge"
What Saga / trilogy do you like the best
1)The matrix
2)Lord of the ring

In my opinion "Lord of the Ring" has made more money than what "The Matrix" has
Anyway which one do you prefer , I think that L.o.t.R is way better than The Matrix (I am a fan of both Saga's)
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:10
"Darkness, always"
Totoro wrote:
> It's not about personal opinions, The Matrix trilogy is poor.

As opposed to this, you mean? Yes, I can see you have a great point there. Tool.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:15
Regular
I can't believe you have left out the best trilogy ever:

The Godfather.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:17
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Yes, perhaps I did dismiss other opinions in my thoughts about The Matrix, but you've also dismissed other people's opinions here too, so we're actually no better than each other.

Anyway, enough of this stupid little pointless argument.
Seeing you like The Evil Dead trilogy reminded me of that, and of course George Romero's Dead Trilogy is a favourite.
I've had The Evil Dead Trilogy dvd for some time now, but have yet to finish watching all three films (I've still not got around to watching the first film, which I guess I should have watched first). Army of Darkness really rules.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:17
"Darkness, always"
I never liked Godfather III, it tries very hard to be a clever film, but didn't work for me at all, and the ending was a bit weak. The first two are great though.

Definitle Star Wars and Evil Dead for me.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:18
"Darkness, always"
Totoro wrote:
> (I've still not got around to
> watching the first film, which I guess I should have watched first).
> Army of Darkness really rules.

*chokes*

The first one is excellent. I've still not decided if it's supposed to be a comedy or a serious horror flick.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I will watch it eventually. Isn't the second one a remake of the first?
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:22
"Darkness, always"
Pretty much, although it was never billed as such.

The second one is more clearly comic than the first though.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
How about the Terminator trilogy and Robocop trilogy.
I'm not much of a fan of the first Terminator film, but T2 rules and T3 isn't *that* bad, though some may not think so.

Robocop should never really have been a trilogy. The first one is a clever film, but the second is a bit mindless and lacks the satirical edge, and the third is just a load of old guff.
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:36
"Darkness, always"
I didn't like Terminator 3, it didn't take itself seriously enough, although the first two films are class.

Robocop 2 was ok, but 3 was quite rightly slated for being one of the worst films ever made.

Also worth considering is the Hannibal trilogy, Rambo trilogy, Scream trilogy (I will mock anyone who lists this as their favourite), Dusk til Dawn (ditto), Jurassic Park (same again) and (BAAA BABABADABADABABAAA) A Better Tomorrow trilogy.

I would have A Better Tomorrow on my list, but I never got round to seeing part three, which apparently wasn't directed by John Woo...
Fri 05/12/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I would have A Better Tomorrow on my list, but I never got round to
> seeing part three, which apparently wasn't directed by John Woo...

I've got the first one, but don't really remember it very well. I prefer The Killer and Hard Boiled.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.