GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Being a Christian"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/12/03 at 11:05
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I am sharing a simple message of the love of Jesus and the sacrifice He paid for sin, in this post. Jesus

Jesus is going to return one day, soon and will judge the world, on account of all its sins. Revelation (the last book of the bible) gives a vivid prophetic view on the return of Christ, stating "every eye shall see". Jesus will decide who is allowed unto the Kingdom of God for all eternity through the straight and narrow path and who passes through the gates of the broad and wide path.

The Kingdom of God is heaven which is described as a place of no more tears, or pains, night or day or hunger or famin. We are told he has the best mansions lined up for his people and has glories beyond our human interpretation.

He also tells us about Hell, a place of weeping and nashing of teeth, a place of eternal punishment and terrible suffering. He also says some will have few stripes and some who reject the word of Lord will have many stripes.

My friends in order to pass from death until life you must allow in the Holy Spirit and must pray for God to come into your life. No amount of charity money or giving or helping will enter you into the Kingdom of God for all eternity except by this way; excepting the Lord Jesus into your life, the same man that took away all man's sins on the cross. John 3:16 "For God so loved the World that he sent his one and only son, for who ever believeth in him may not perish but have everlasting life" Jesus was the perfect sacrifice. He paid the price for sin, in order to get the burden of sin off your shoulders and with you for all eternity in Hell, you need to trust in the Lord Jesus, who died for sin. This is the most important decision you will ever make, either accept you are a sinner and Jesus has taken away your sin or reject Jesus and face Him one day and all eternity in Hell.

God bless and thankyou for your time. If you are interested in any of the points raised in this article or you would like to ask Jesus into your life please feel free to write to me at [email protected]
Page:
Fri 05/12/03 at 08:47
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Forest Fan wrote:
It's your choice, but I've made my decision, anyway what's
> seventy years of teaching others when Christians are going to have a
> lifetime of heaven?

Ahh, the everything I despise about smug, brain dead evangelists condensed into one sentence! The classic response of "I'm gonna have eternal life cos I'm a christian" with the unspoken addedum of "and YOU'RE gonna burn in hell/rot in purgatory". How very selfless and Christian of you.

Christianity would be great if someone would try it. Tell me Ivan Jellical, what are your views on homosexuality? Or Moslems? Or Jews? I always find it rather hard to take messages of love and brotherhood seriously when they're followed up with tortured passages of language that explain why Jesus hates queers, ragheads, and kikes.

No offence, but take your proseltysing, fold it up neatly, and ram it up your smug, saved backside. And pray VERY hard that your flavour of church has got it right and not, say, the 7th day Adventists.

~seethe~
Fri 05/12/03 at 08:52
"Darkness, always"
Only three months til the next election Lighty boy.
Fri 05/12/03 at 08:57
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Notorious Biggles wrote:

>
> Yes. The two bloodiest wars in history were down to religion weren't
> they? Oh wait, maybe the first was triggered by imperialism on behalf
> of Germany and Serbia wanting independance from Austro-Hungary.
>
> And the Second, well that was down Germany in expansionist mode
> again, invading Poland. Nothing to do with religion there.

And are we saying that all the nations in both of those wars remained entirely atheistic throughout? Can you name a single battle that has taken place in Europe where both armies went to battle with 'God on their side'?

Come ON Biggles; you're using sophistry to avoid addressing the simple fact that more wars and more bloodshed have been caused and perpetuated by religion than any other.
Fri 05/12/03 at 08:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Only three months til the next election Lighty boy.

Huh? Oh...notable election. Do they only have 4 a year?
Fri 05/12/03 at 20:28
"I love yo... lamp."
I never said that either side in the First or Second World Wars were atheist, nor that either side didn't claim that God was on there side. Because that would have been plain wrong. My point was simply that religion is not the cause of ALL wars.

Most wars: probably.

Most bloodshed: unlikely.

Over the course of the Second World War, just under 24 million soldiers from all sides died. Over 20 million civilians died as well, excluding the vast numbers of Chinese civilians who died (unknown exactly, some estimates have been as high as 20 million).

44 million people Light. All died in a war that was not declared nor fought because of religion.

As a sidepoint, over 21 million of them died for a Communist, atheist, government.
Mon 08/12/03 at 09:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Notorious Biggles wrote:

> Most bloodshed: unlikely.
>
> Over the course of the Second World War, just under 24 million
> soldiers from all sides died. Over 20 million civilians died as well,
> excluding the vast numbers of Chinese civilians who died (unknown
> exactly, some estimates have been as high as 20 million).
>
> 44 million people Light. All died in a war that was not declared nor
> fought because of religion.
>
> As a sidepoint, over 21 million of them died for a Communist,
> atheist, government.

And those 6 million Jews? You don't think maybe they were slaughtered solely for being Jewish? How about Hitler's hijacking of German Protestant church structure to place him at it's head? Or the Vatican's tacit approval of Hitler's butchery?

You're very deliberately trying to downplay the connection between religion and bloodshed over the ages. Had machine guns been available to the crusaders, and had there been enough people, do you really doubt the scale of the killing that may have ensued? Have the courage to acknowledge the evil that religion has done, rather than trying to sweep it under the carpet.
Mon 08/12/03 at 11:19
Regular
Light wrote:
Have the courage
> to acknowledge the evil that religion has done, rather than trying to
> sweep it under the carpet.

Religion has done no evil. People have done evil in the name of religion.
Mon 08/12/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Your Honour wrote:

>
> Religion has done no evil. People have done evil in the name of
> religion.

Hmm...a fair, if semantic, point. However, I don't fully agree. If we're going to get technical, the Pope is God's living representative on earth. He is infallible. He is a conduit to God's will. He IS the Catholic Church. And from Pope Urban's exhortation to the Christian masses to fight the crusades, up to John Paul II and his hateful campaign to keep contraception as a sin, the Popes (and therefore the Catholic religion) have committed all sorts of evil on a depressingly regular basis.

Out of interest, would you say that religion has done no good in the world, people have done good in the name of religion?
Mon 08/12/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Light wrote:
> And from Pope Urban's

Wasn't he in The So Solid Crew?
Mon 08/12/03 at 13:25
Regular
Light wrote:
> Your Honour wrote:
>
>
> Religion has done no evil. People have done evil in the name of
> religion.
>
>
> Hmm...a fair, if semantic, point. However, I don't fully agree. If
> we're going to get technical, the Pope is God's living representative
> on earth.

Ah, but isn't he elected by the members of the church? People who are not infallible...

He is infallible. He is a conduit to God's will. He IS the
> Catholic Church. And from Pope Urban's exhortation to the Christian
> masses to fight the crusades, up to John Paul II and his hateful
> campaign to keep contraception as a sin, the Popes (and therefore the
> Catholic religion) have committed all sorts of evil on a depressingly
> regular basis.

Woah! I don't know the history, and I don't care. I'm not religeous, I feel it came about as a way of explaining things that were previously unexplainable "Where did we come from?" "Well, ummmm, there's this all powerful god, right..."

Religion itself is a set of guidlines that, in theory, if everyone were to follow, then everyone would live a joyful and happy life. However, realistically, not everyone is going to follow them, and so it falls down.

>
> Out of interest, would you say that religion has done no good in the
> world, people have done good in the name of religion?

Good point :-)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.