GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/11/03 at 23:24
Regular
"wow"
long story short:-

i have known this girl for 4 years or so. We were really good friends, but always connected on a different level than other friends but never really talked about much deep stuff or personal feelings. I always found her attractive and i guess always wanted to go out with her but never pushed it. Any time i've been at my lowest or humiliated shes been there, although i'd whish she hadn't, but she's always stuck by me. I really think she does like me, maybe even love me, as a friend if nothing else. as of late (last 4 weeks) we've been getting closer and going out ... once. This last week ive been really nervous around her, and she has been frosty to me to. whats going on? Have i ruined a perfect friendship.

P.S. 4 years ago i had a crush on her, thats what initially brought us together,ever since we've gradually got closer.
Fri 28/11/03 at 23:24
Regular
"wow"
long story short:-

i have known this girl for 4 years or so. We were really good friends, but always connected on a different level than other friends but never really talked about much deep stuff or personal feelings. I always found her attractive and i guess always wanted to go out with her but never pushed it. Any time i've been at my lowest or humiliated shes been there, although i'd whish she hadn't, but she's always stuck by me. I really think she does like me, maybe even love me, as a friend if nothing else. as of late (last 4 weeks) we've been getting closer and going out ... once. This last week ive been really nervous around her, and she has been frosty to me to. whats going on? Have i ruined a perfect friendship.

P.S. 4 years ago i had a crush on her, thats what initially brought us together,ever since we've gradually got closer.
Fri 28/11/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
One word.

Talk to her!

Well, hmm...you get the idea.
Fri 28/11/03 at 23:27
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Ask her, not us. We'll take the p*** but only she can tell you the truth.

Do it.
Fri 28/11/03 at 23:31
Regular
"wow"
im only asking for some advice from somone who has more experience than me at this sort of weird situation.
Fri 28/11/03 at 23:35
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I wasn't being mean, merely warning you of what would happen.

In these sort of situations the only course of action is to talk to the person concerned. Without knowing you, her or your situation personally it's all anyone can advise you to do.

Good luck.
Fri 28/11/03 at 23:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You have nothing to lose by telling her how you feel.
Fri 28/11/03 at 23:38
Regular
"Twenty quid."
djerrud_Quince wrote:
> You have nothing to lose by telling her how you feel.

Who are you? And what have you done with the real djerrud?
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
What is weird about it?

You like her, yes?

You have liked her since you first met her, yes?

You have been friends with her for a while, yes?

She has dated other people and complained about them to you, god I hope not, for your sake.

Look, women don’t like to make the first move, makes them feel weak or something. She may have been waiting since you first met her for you to ask her out. A long time she has been waiting now, yes?

She may now see you as gutless. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but this may be the way she is thinking.

However, if you just wear your heart on your cuff, go in there and tell her just how you feel.

Then you may be surprised.

You have left it a long time though and I wish you every luck, but if she says no you must just let her know that is fine, and you will find someone else. If you act too disappointed then she will feel she has the power over you to use your to build her confidence up, but for nothing more.

*American Talk-show hat on*

Do what your heart tells you…

*Takes hat off*

…Unless it means being a puss.
Regular
"wow"
djerrud_Quince wrote:
> You have nothing to lose by telling her how you feel.

we've been friends for 4 years, maybe more. Over that time shes been closer to me than my parents on occasions. i don't want to loose her. At least not by scaring her off. I'm not critising, just trying to justify why not to do it.
Fri 28/11/03 at 23:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You said you're already drifting apart, because you 'went out' (I don't understand this AT ALL. How can you be friends and never have 'been out' before?). Talk to her and I'm sure you'll find that she feels the same. But if it doesn't work and you DO kill yourself, or her, make sure you send me the kidneys.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.