GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum Census"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/11/03 at 12:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Influenced by Pandaemonium's 'reaching thirty post'. I'd thought we should all just write some basic facts about us, why not?

I'm 17, 18 in January.

Study Politics, History and Sociology at Glasgow Uni

Live in East Kilbride, Scotland.

Been seeing my girlfriend for 6 months, her birthday is day after mine... I've known her from primary school but didn't talk much in Secondary although we went out before.

I'm a supervisor in a hospital shop (George Orwell began '1984' in the hospital) and work part time there.

I'm the only one of my friends who can't drive and have pretty much given up.

Live with my mum, dad and younger brother of 15.

I play guitar and keyboard quite badly.

My diet is appaling and I'm thinking of working out.

Yesterday I wore a hat for the first time in years. Had myself a picnic in the back row of Sociology lecture, a lovely toffee muffin was the highlight. Accidently hit somebody with my bottle in front of me, hit off him and hit the girl infront of her. I also had an argument with the group charity people who muttered something under his breathe when I replied 'No thanks, I'm in a rush'. And therefore just made train, went home with girlfriend and then drank underage in the pub.

That was fun.
Fri 28/11/03 at 13:08
"Darkness, always"
1) Thorpe Park is fun, but so is work!!

2) Staines is pants, but not too bad for shopping. I wouldn'tgo boozing here though.
Fri 28/11/03 at 13:09
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I was 24 on Monday.

I've been with my boyfriend (the Ogre) for 5 years. We have been engaged for a year

This has been an odd sort of a year for me. It started badly when I had reactive arthrtis and depression but has got progessively better as I have started to enjoy my job, renounce my religeon and fallen in love with the Ogre all over again

When I'm sad I write Poetry and listen to Pop music

When I'm happy I play games and listen to heavy metal music

I'm work/study for PhD in Breat Cancer Immunology, and hopefully in 3 years time I'll be Dr. Ros.

I've been away from the forum for a while after falling out with a few other members, but I hope to be back for a while now. Did you miss me?

I love Greek/Turkish food and Tequila Sunrises. I like RPGs and Adventure games. I dislike strangers, but tend to like everyone else.
Fri 28/11/03 at 13:10
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Well, you lot basically know quite a bit about me from my "thirty" post, but I'll fill in a couple of blanks.

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne.

I’m a senior programmer / analyst / webmaster / web developer / one man band IT department as they are too pikey to pay me a proper wage or get someone in to do the annoying user support stuff, for a well know clothing company.

I’m, 6 foot 3 inches tall, lanky, skinny and awkward.

I don’t dance and never will, apart from possibly at my wedding if I ever decide a ring and a certificate demonstrate to my partner how I feel about her. Currently I don’t think they do, although I might change my mind.

Erm, that’s about it.
Fri 28/11/03 at 13:13
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'm thirty years old and I live in a rented bungalow in Kidderminster with my girlfriend of four and a half years. We have a cocker spaniel called Rocco and he is the single greatest thing in my life.

I'm medically retired with muscular dystrophy but do bits of work for friends and friends of friends, usually a small website or the odd database or two.

My family only ever ring me if they've got a problem with their computer, except dad because: a) he hasn't got a computer, and b) he's 75% deaf and can't understand me on the 'phone anyway!

I have a reputation for being in a good mood and being happy about life - but, then again, what's the alternative?

I can drive and quite enjoy it in good weather. I am a hi-fi nut and have spent as much as I could afford on my current set-up and I own over 400 CD's. I am bit of a geek in that I get excited over new technology and science.

I am unhappy in my relationship but lack the courage to end it - she gives me everything I need but nothing I want.

I have several different circles of friends and, of them, I count four as 'people who will be there at anytime if I need them'.

I assume I'll be exactly where I am now in 10 years time but I am, on the whole, happy.

I'm on this forum *far* too much!

And yes, Ros: I missed you!
Fri 28/11/03 at 14:55
Regular
I'm 21, 22 in January

I'm living at home at the moment, since graduating in July.
I've done a couple of temporary jobs since then, but am currently unemployed.
I have a tumor on my leg that forced me to cancel my plan to spend the year in Canada. I'll now move to Aberystwyth or Teeside (after the operation) and look for work until I start a masters course next september.

Next year I'm playing in a pool tournament with county to pro level players. I used to play against an international-level guy, and could just about hold my own, but have no real objective idea of how good I am.
I plan to practice hard then go see whether I get slapped all over the table, or own everyone.

I have no idea what kind of career I want - none of them look good.
Well, there is one thing, working with the foreign office overseas. I'll try for that after the masters. If I don't get it then I'll try to get a grant and qualify as a 'legal executive' - an overworked, underpaid solicitor's butch, because I can't afford the course fees to qualify as a real solicitor.
Fri 28/11/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Rosalind wrote:
> I was 24 on Monday.

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good day. :-)

> This has been an odd sort of a year for me. It started badly when I
> had reactive arthrtis and depression but has got progessively better
> as I have started to enjoy my job, renounce my religeon and fallen in
> love with the Ogre all over again

What's reactive arthritis? Is it as painful as it sounds? What religion were you?

Hope you don't mind me being nosey ...
Fri 28/11/03 at 15:17
"Darkness, always"
Nosey b******...
Fri 28/11/03 at 15:18
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Dr Duck wrote:
> I have a tumor on my leg that forced me to cancel my plan to spend
> the year in Canada. I'll now move to Aberystwyth or Teeside (after
> the operation) and look for work until I start a masters course next
> september.

Eek! I remember you talking about going to Canada. What sort of tumor is it? Not that I know if there are different sorts or anything.

> Next year I'm playing in a pool tournament with county to pro level
> players. I used to play against an international-level guy, and could
> just about hold my own, but have no real objective idea of how good I
> am.
> I plan to practice hard then go see whether I get slapped all over
> the table, or own everyone.

Good luck with that!
Fri 28/11/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Nosey b******...

'Nosey beavers' ... ?
Fri 28/11/03 at 15:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm 22, 23 in March.

6'2", athletic build, although I used to be quite skinny. That's the reason for all the food topics - I was bulking up!

I live in Essex, with my parents, although I used to have a flat in Cambridge with my girlfriend of 4 years - we had to give it up, too expensive.

I have no plans to get married - it's a religious ceremony, I'm not religious, and it costs a bomb. What would you rather have: wedding or swimming pool? Exactly. Amazingly, my girlfriend completely agrees with me, which is why she's so great! (and she used to collect He-man figures, and thinks Spaced is the funniest thing ever on tele)

I love all animals, except birds. Not scared, just fed up with their constant chirping. I saw some geese in a field the other day, just standing in a line, doing nothing. Pointless creatures - die, die!

I'm studying for a degree in Audio and Music Technology at APU, Cambridge, although I'm not sure if I'm going to finish the course. And if I do finish it, I'll still be unsure what to do with myself.

I listen to lots of different genres of music - rock, metal, pop, jazz, dance, indie, breakbeat, hip-hop (going back to my roots), various alt. styles.

I play guitar, drums, piano and can work a studio (check above degree course). I rock mightily at guitar, although probably not as much as I think I do. Same goes for drums.

I have about 20-30 songs in me noggin', which I plan to record some time before I finish Uni, then go on a world tour because they are so good (although again, probably not as good as I think they are).

I also have a book and a few films up there too *pats head*.

I have this kind of superhuman memory of phone numbers. Seriously, I can remember people's numbers from Primary school that I haven't seen for over a decade!

I'm very quiet in real life - like a little mouse. I've learnt from experience not to speak, or people will stop speaking to me.

I have a very positive outlook on life, and I don't believe that death is the end. However, I don't believe in ghosts, even if my dream job is to be one of the Ghostbusters. Just that after the body stops, we carry on in another form.

There, that's far more than anyone should give away about themselves on the Internet.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.