GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Nintendo show"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/05/05 at 22:17
Regular
Well would you look at this. The fellow Nintendo monkeys running around crying because they wanted to see Revolution.

You were told before the show it wasn't going to be there. Why the surprise.

It's the PS3 and X-box 360 show. In fact it is pretty much just the PS3 show. Hence the reason Microsoft did that silly MTV party thing.

What can overshadow the biggest console announcement ever?

No... Nintendo cannot do that.

X-box's gimmick is customisable games, complete with snap on facias. Sony, ultra-realism.

Great ideas but they come at a price. And that price is ours. EA have already stated game prices could rise to as much as £60. And that publishers will have a hard time this generation.

Nintendo's suggestion is different. For starters they haven't cranked up the graphics to a pointless notion that most games developers (sorry all) won't be bothered to meet. But most importantly, Online is free.

The console, games, and online service will be as cheap as a cheap thing that is very cheap. And that's cheap.

Nintendo plan for a 2006 launch alongside Sony. Nintendo are working very hard to reach that. But they don't have anything to show us yet. They don't have time to order their minions to mock up videos and demos. They haven't even finalised the sodding controller yet.

Yet Nintendo fans. Us. Are once again throwing a fit because there wasn't anything concrete on show.

It just isn't the time. It really isn't. Maybe a September Spaceworld will do. But trust me, it makes sense, why show a console that will be overshadowed and ignored because Sony have announced theres.

Nintendo are talking about online plans. They've showed the greatest Zelda demo ever. A handfull of new Gamecube and DS games. And even a new, if slightly pointless, Gameboy... to further attack the PSP.

But still not happy.

The reason why the conference didn't have the impact of last years is because there isn't actually anything to show. I'm not surprised. I'm not happy but nor am I dissapointed. Nintendo's spotlight is still to come.

And I await with baited breath.

Dringo.
Tue 17/05/05 at 23:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yep, it was all one big elaborate satire.
Tue 17/05/05 at 23:58
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> hey, maybe that's where Nintendo got the whole idea from!

I've heard rumours he can control the internet and tv with that earing!
Tue 17/05/05 at 23:58
"period drama"
It so is.
Allard's shame, passed to Ninty through their own stupidity.
Wed 18/05/05 at 00:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Maybe the 3 consoles will all be connected, so the Revolution will actually just be 2 PS3 controllers end to end, attachd to Allard's ear.
Wed 18/05/05 at 00:20
"period drama"
I bet they couldn't make a special picture of that
Where does the internet fit in?
Wed 18/05/05 at 02:36
I'm so glad I didn't watch that live.

GBA Micro OMG!!!
Wed 18/05/05 at 10:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I watched it last night and it wasn't terrible.. but I've also seen some of the MS and Sony conferences which announced more and were probably more intriguing to watch.
Wed 18/05/05 at 11:19
Exactly. Both had demo reels of entirely new stuff to show; hardware and software. Nintendo on the most part showed games already seen before, some even two - three years old (Killer 7).

GBA Micro was a rehash of old stuff... the online service was expected and done before; and what do you get if you show the Revolution without an in game showcase? A shiny, small box. Hell, even Reggie didn't make some memorable quote this year. There was a good moment of awkwardness when Shigeru and that woman were doing stuff with Nintendogs.
Wed 18/05/05 at 13:18
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> This E3 has been spectacular. The new PS3 looks amazing. X-box 360
> less so but with some clever ideas and Perfect Dark.

Why should I care about that, the agreement in my family is I'll get the Revolution and my brothers will get the PS3/X-box 360. I don't want to know about the consoles they're getting, I want to know about what I'm getting.

> And that
> Zelda... not to mention some nice online plans from the Big N.

Oh yes, it looks absolutely wonderful.
One good game and online plans which will suck for me because I don't like playing online (much).

Hoofookingrah.
Wed 18/05/05 at 13:44
Regular
munn wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> This E3 has been spectacular. The new PS3 looks amazing. X-box 360
> less so but with some clever ideas and Perfect Dark.
>
> Why should I care about that, the agreement in my family is I'll get
> the Revolution and my brothers will get the PS3/X-box 360.

Definitely drawn the short straw there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.