GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Nintendo show"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/05/05 at 22:17
Regular
Well would you look at this. The fellow Nintendo monkeys running around crying because they wanted to see Revolution.

You were told before the show it wasn't going to be there. Why the surprise.

It's the PS3 and X-box 360 show. In fact it is pretty much just the PS3 show. Hence the reason Microsoft did that silly MTV party thing.

What can overshadow the biggest console announcement ever?

No... Nintendo cannot do that.

X-box's gimmick is customisable games, complete with snap on facias. Sony, ultra-realism.

Great ideas but they come at a price. And that price is ours. EA have already stated game prices could rise to as much as £60. And that publishers will have a hard time this generation.

Nintendo's suggestion is different. For starters they haven't cranked up the graphics to a pointless notion that most games developers (sorry all) won't be bothered to meet. But most importantly, Online is free.

The console, games, and online service will be as cheap as a cheap thing that is very cheap. And that's cheap.

Nintendo plan for a 2006 launch alongside Sony. Nintendo are working very hard to reach that. But they don't have anything to show us yet. They don't have time to order their minions to mock up videos and demos. They haven't even finalised the sodding controller yet.

Yet Nintendo fans. Us. Are once again throwing a fit because there wasn't anything concrete on show.

It just isn't the time. It really isn't. Maybe a September Spaceworld will do. But trust me, it makes sense, why show a console that will be overshadowed and ignored because Sony have announced theres.

Nintendo are talking about online plans. They've showed the greatest Zelda demo ever. A handfull of new Gamecube and DS games. And even a new, if slightly pointless, Gameboy... to further attack the PSP.

But still not happy.

The reason why the conference didn't have the impact of last years is because there isn't actually anything to show. I'm not surprised. I'm not happy but nor am I dissapointed. Nintendo's spotlight is still to come.

And I await with baited breath.

Dringo.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:28
Regular
Tphi wrote:

> I think someone's already brought this point up but by next year's
> show alot of people will already have got a new console, and won't be
> interested in another, even if it isn't as expensive.

If the PS3 is really hitting Easter this year then I expect a Nintendo announcement sometime this autumn.

There's no way there won't be full details till after the PS3 launch.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:28
Regular
"bot"
If they have nothing to show a year before release, I'm guessing there aren't going to be many games at release.

The fact that the console design isn't finished and the absence of ANY tech demos suggests to me that the Revolution technology itself isn't even finalised. Nintendo are going to be left way behind.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Next year it'll be Microsoft and Sony that will have little to show.
> And it will be Nintendo's turn again.

I think someone's already brought this point up but by next year's show alot of people will already have got a new console, and won't be interested in another, even if it isn't as expensive.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:26
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> I think "The Nintendo no-show" would have been a more
> appropriate title.
>
> More Mario cash-ins and a third version of the GBA.
> Wow, aren't they innovative?

But we knew that was gonna happen?

Why the backlash?

Nintendo don't have anything to show.

Why can't you just enjoy the show. Admire the PS3, investigate the X-box 360 and marvel at the Zelda trailer.

Why must Nintendo fans start talking about ditching Nintendo just because they didn't show the console yet.

We knew they weren't going to.

Bloody hell!
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:25
Regular
And why should they?

Why should they tell us about games that won't look like the way they look?

Why should they tell you about a console that isn't ready yet?

Why are you surprised? I knew they had nothing to show, IGN knew there was nothing to show... There's nothing to show.

Next year it'll be Microsoft and Sony that will have little to show. And it will be Nintendo's turn again.

And then the year after vice versa.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:24
Regular
"bot"
I think "The Nintendo no-show" would have been a more appropriate title.

More Mario cash-ins and a third version of the GBA.
Wow, aren't they innovative?
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The Revolution has been overshadowed already Dringo, and they didn't even put up a fight. And there hasn't been a Spaceworld in 4 or so years, give it up.

People are saying that the conference was crap. It was crap. There was nothing of interest in it at all. Some vague hints about the Revolution plus a few facts that had nothing to do with the games (the most important bit), at all. There were no Gamecube games and a handful of DS games, all of which we knew about. There was no surprise, the console design wasn't finalised, and the show left everyone feeling distinctly unimpressed. The only thing of note was the GBA Micro which is just a reiteration of a current console, and nothing to shout about. That's why people are "whining", because the Nintendo conference was so underwhelming, when we're used to it being interesting and full of surprises and excitement.

If you want "overshadowed" and "ignored", then that's exactly what you've got, Dringo. Whether Nintendo did it on purpose or not doesn't matter. This E3 didn't HAVE to belong to the PS3 and Xb360, did it? Nintendo didn't even try.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:17
Regular
Well would you look at this. The fellow Nintendo monkeys running around crying because they wanted to see Revolution.

You were told before the show it wasn't going to be there. Why the surprise.

It's the PS3 and X-box 360 show. In fact it is pretty much just the PS3 show. Hence the reason Microsoft did that silly MTV party thing.

What can overshadow the biggest console announcement ever?

No... Nintendo cannot do that.

X-box's gimmick is customisable games, complete with snap on facias. Sony, ultra-realism.

Great ideas but they come at a price. And that price is ours. EA have already stated game prices could rise to as much as £60. And that publishers will have a hard time this generation.

Nintendo's suggestion is different. For starters they haven't cranked up the graphics to a pointless notion that most games developers (sorry all) won't be bothered to meet. But most importantly, Online is free.

The console, games, and online service will be as cheap as a cheap thing that is very cheap. And that's cheap.

Nintendo plan for a 2006 launch alongside Sony. Nintendo are working very hard to reach that. But they don't have anything to show us yet. They don't have time to order their minions to mock up videos and demos. They haven't even finalised the sodding controller yet.

Yet Nintendo fans. Us. Are once again throwing a fit because there wasn't anything concrete on show.

It just isn't the time. It really isn't. Maybe a September Spaceworld will do. But trust me, it makes sense, why show a console that will be overshadowed and ignored because Sony have announced theres.

Nintendo are talking about online plans. They've showed the greatest Zelda demo ever. A handfull of new Gamecube and DS games. And even a new, if slightly pointless, Gameboy... to further attack the PSP.

But still not happy.

The reason why the conference didn't have the impact of last years is because there isn't actually anything to show. I'm not surprised. I'm not happy but nor am I dissapointed. Nintendo's spotlight is still to come.

And I await with baited breath.

Dringo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.