GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Nintendo show"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/05/05 at 22:17
Regular
Well would you look at this. The fellow Nintendo monkeys running around crying because they wanted to see Revolution.

You were told before the show it wasn't going to be there. Why the surprise.

It's the PS3 and X-box 360 show. In fact it is pretty much just the PS3 show. Hence the reason Microsoft did that silly MTV party thing.

What can overshadow the biggest console announcement ever?

No... Nintendo cannot do that.

X-box's gimmick is customisable games, complete with snap on facias. Sony, ultra-realism.

Great ideas but they come at a price. And that price is ours. EA have already stated game prices could rise to as much as £60. And that publishers will have a hard time this generation.

Nintendo's suggestion is different. For starters they haven't cranked up the graphics to a pointless notion that most games developers (sorry all) won't be bothered to meet. But most importantly, Online is free.

The console, games, and online service will be as cheap as a cheap thing that is very cheap. And that's cheap.

Nintendo plan for a 2006 launch alongside Sony. Nintendo are working very hard to reach that. But they don't have anything to show us yet. They don't have time to order their minions to mock up videos and demos. They haven't even finalised the sodding controller yet.

Yet Nintendo fans. Us. Are once again throwing a fit because there wasn't anything concrete on show.

It just isn't the time. It really isn't. Maybe a September Spaceworld will do. But trust me, it makes sense, why show a console that will be overshadowed and ignored because Sony have announced theres.

Nintendo are talking about online plans. They've showed the greatest Zelda demo ever. A handfull of new Gamecube and DS games. And even a new, if slightly pointless, Gameboy... to further attack the PSP.

But still not happy.

The reason why the conference didn't have the impact of last years is because there isn't actually anything to show. I'm not surprised. I'm not happy but nor am I dissapointed. Nintendo's spotlight is still to come.

And I await with baited breath.

Dringo.
Wed 18/05/05 at 20:13
Regular
Look here: [URL]http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/cubeeurope/index.cgi?board=rev&action=display&num=1116379958[/URL]

Lets just hope for tomorrow.
Wed 18/05/05 at 20:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
OOT was almost simultaneous, if I remember correctly. Maybe not, though, maybe we had to wait like 6 months. It was one or the other. Anyway, they have an English language version so there's no reason they can't release it over here.

You know that if we weren't coupled with Europe we'd get all these games the same time as America. Gah.
Wed 18/05/05 at 19:48
"period drama"
I was talking about a worldwide release before with someone ... couldn't remember if that kind of thing had been done before.
If you look at the new gameplay footage, it's all in English anyway - although that was probably just for E3.
Wed 18/05/05 at 19:42
Regular
I think TP = worldwide Christmas release (or 2-3 weeks apart)

Revolution: june/july, september in Europe.
Wed 18/05/05 at 19:37
"period drama"
'Tis a bit strange - they say they'll have Zelda for the Revolution, but if usual delays are taken into account, by the time GC Zelda comes out over here, the Revolution will be practically ready to go in Japan.
Wed 18/05/05 at 19:34
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I doubt
> they'd make new games in these series so soon after realeasing
> those.
>
> They said in the press conference that next generation versions of
> both franchises are already in development.

Yeah but so soon? Mario 128 has been in development for at least 2 years..
Wed 18/05/05 at 18:52
Regular
"8==="
Micrsoft view the first 2/3 months as a 'launch period'.
Wed 18/05/05 at 18:51
Regular
munn wrote:

> They were rushed out and although teh X-box had Halo and PGR (which
> still isn't really a great launch-list

Actually the Xbox had an excellent launch selection.
Wed 18/05/05 at 18:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yes but by the time the other 2 consoles were out the PS2 had a sizeable list of games plus the entire PSone collection of games. Now that all 3 consoles are backwards compatable it isn't an issue. And if I remember rightly it only takes one killer game to launch a console well, but you need to back that up with enough games in the coming months, something which Nintendo never seem to do. It happened with the GC, DS, and it's what will happen with Revolution because people haven't had enough time to create the 2nd string of games.
Wed 18/05/05 at 18:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Nintendo's disregard for third parties is the reason I still own a PS2.

Fact.

I really, REALLY hope they don't continue their stupid tactics, thinking that they can single-handedly support a console when it's blatantly obvious that they don't have the ability to do so. If it hadn't been for EA, Namco, Ubi Soft and to a certain extent Capcom and Activision sticking by the Gamecube, it'd be dead now.

I more support from all third parties for the Revolution. Nintendo need to get in contact with potential third parties now... they need to give out dev kits, inform the companies of how the controls are going to work, and allow these companies to see whether or not the titles they are planning will be possible on the Revolution. Keeping everyone in the dark is proving very costly right now, and missing out on top quality third party games is not something I'm looking forward to as a future Revolution owner.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.