GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Nintendo show"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/05/05 at 22:17
Regular
Well would you look at this. The fellow Nintendo monkeys running around crying because they wanted to see Revolution.

You were told before the show it wasn't going to be there. Why the surprise.

It's the PS3 and X-box 360 show. In fact it is pretty much just the PS3 show. Hence the reason Microsoft did that silly MTV party thing.

What can overshadow the biggest console announcement ever?

No... Nintendo cannot do that.

X-box's gimmick is customisable games, complete with snap on facias. Sony, ultra-realism.

Great ideas but they come at a price. And that price is ours. EA have already stated game prices could rise to as much as £60. And that publishers will have a hard time this generation.

Nintendo's suggestion is different. For starters they haven't cranked up the graphics to a pointless notion that most games developers (sorry all) won't be bothered to meet. But most importantly, Online is free.

The console, games, and online service will be as cheap as a cheap thing that is very cheap. And that's cheap.

Nintendo plan for a 2006 launch alongside Sony. Nintendo are working very hard to reach that. But they don't have anything to show us yet. They don't have time to order their minions to mock up videos and demos. They haven't even finalised the sodding controller yet.

Yet Nintendo fans. Us. Are once again throwing a fit because there wasn't anything concrete on show.

It just isn't the time. It really isn't. Maybe a September Spaceworld will do. But trust me, it makes sense, why show a console that will be overshadowed and ignored because Sony have announced theres.

Nintendo are talking about online plans. They've showed the greatest Zelda demo ever. A handfull of new Gamecube and DS games. And even a new, if slightly pointless, Gameboy... to further attack the PSP.

But still not happy.

The reason why the conference didn't have the impact of last years is because there isn't actually anything to show. I'm not surprised. I'm not happy but nor am I dissapointed. Nintendo's spotlight is still to come.

And I await with baited breath.

Dringo.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:35
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Memorandum! wrote:
> If they have nothing to show a year before release, I'm guessing
> there
> aren't going to be many games at release.
>
> Do you know how bad games look 12 months before their finished. Bad
> press here we come.

Did you not see the Killzone 2 footage then.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:35
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Aha... ha ha ha
>
> Funny.

But it's true. The texturing was awful, and that's it. Oh and Link riding around on a horse.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:34
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> don't you get it? The show was rubbish, Dringo! We're allowed to
> complain when things are rubbish, or do we have to constantly be
> optimistic in the vain hope that it'll cover up our own crushing
> self-loathing?

What's there to be optimistic about?

It's just a games show.

Which we predicted.

You're complaining because Nintendo showed a gorgeous Zelda trailer, a new gameboy, the new Pokemon game, a new mario football game, what revolution looks like and their online plans.

Go on. Have a fit. See if I care.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:33
Regular
I don't want to praise them nor be all doom and gloom but I'm still optimistic, some people are just doing my head in with all this "WAAAAH RIP NINTENDO" when there's still a year left, 3 days of the show left with possible suprises and still several months of the year left to reveal details.
And no I'm not clutching at straws they need to release most details on the Rev this year.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:32
Regular
gerrid wrote:
No one wa expecting anything
> - and they just didn't capitalise on it.

But they don't have anything to Capitalise it with.

Why... do... you... care?
Regular
"bit of a brain"
don't you get it? The show was rubbish, Dringo! We're allowed to complain when things are rubbish, or do we have to constantly be optimistic in the vain hope that it'll cover up our own crushing self-loathing?
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:

> and marvel at the Zelda trailer.
>
> ye...that was quite underwhelming after those other two things.

Aha... ha ha ha

Funny.

Shame 90% of fans and critics disagree.
Tue 17/05/05 at 22:30
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> If they have nothing to show a year before release, I'm guessing there
> aren't going to be many games at release.

Do you know how bad games look 12 months before their finished. Bad press here we come.

> The fact that the console design isn't finished and the absence of
> ANY tech demos suggests to me that the Revolution technology itself
> isn't even finalised. Nintendo are going to be left way behind.

The Gamecube controller was altered a few days before launch.

But most of all.

WHY DO YOU CARE?????????

This E3 has been spectacular. The new PS3 looks amazing. X-box 360 less so but with some clever ideas and Perfect Dark. And that Zelda... not to mention some nice online plans from the Big N.

Lets get all arsey because they're showing the console off at a later date.

*sigh*
Regular
"bit of a brain"
People are annoyed because the show was rubbish Dringo! Have you seen it? It's rubbish! It's really, really boring - there's nothing exciting there! That's why everyone is complaining. Next year will be too late. And 360 and PS3 aren't exactly going to be no shows at next years E3 are they? It'll be the first E3 of the consoles' lives, so they're not going to just pass it by! There'll be tonnes of playable software on show! Nintendo had the opportunity this year to steal the show, because no one knew what to expect! No one wa expecting anything - and they just didn't capitalise on it.
Regular
"bot"
Dringo wrote:
> Why can't you just enjoy the show. Admire the PS3

yep, done that. Awesomeness.

> investigate the
> X-box 360

Looking good here too.

> and marvel at the Zelda trailer.

ye...that was quite underwhelming after those other two things.

> Why must Nintendo fans start talking about ditching Nintendo just
> because they didn't show the console yet.

Oh, I'm not a Nintendo fan, just a casual observer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.