GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Calling all newcomers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/03/01 at 20:01
Regular
Regulars of old, this is not for you.

If you have been here only a few weeks or months could you tell me your impressions of the Special Reserve sites that first day you arrived here.

Which site did you first arrive at? In particular I would like to know if you were able to easily find what you were looking for.

Your input could be very helpful.
Wed 14/03/01 at 00:08
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Your Honour wrote:
> Another point, i just put "blank CD's" in the search box thing and it said that it couldnt find a match

Ah - I have no excuse for this "blank cd" should work!

zis vill be dealt vith!
Wed 14/03/01 at 00:02
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
ssxpro wrote:
> I think the text we enter here is preformatted text, so it appear as
> we type it. The reason that message quotes often get messed around
> is that the box here is a different width in relation to the size of
> the words than in the thread screen. The messages here would have to
> be like the review boards then. But that would mean that to make it
> look alright everybody would have to know a little html.

A few quick tweaks and it would soon look better than this.
Tue 13/03/01 at 23:59
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Edgy wrote:
> Weren't we promised a thing where we'd be able to search for other peoples messages by username or title?

Your memory is probably better than mine, but we have no plans for this at present. Keeping it pure and simple.
Tue 13/03/01 at 22:36
Regular
Another point, i just put "blank CD's" in the search box thing and it said that it couldnt find a match, now i know if i'd have put in CD-R i would have got what i want. But some first time visitors to the site, if they are new to computers generally, may not know what they are called. They could be a bit out off by the fact that when they search for something it doesnt find it.

I know you'll probably say that the search thing works so you only gets exact results on what you look for but i still think it would be better if there was maybe a more generalised search box, and an advanced one like some pages have.
Tue 13/03/01 at 22:32
Regular
I think the text we enter here is preformatted text, so it appear as we type it. The reason that message quotes often get messed around is that the box here is a different width in relation to the size of the words than in the thread screen. The messages here would have to be like the review boards then. But that would mean that to make it look alright everybody would have to know a little html.
Tue 13/03/01 at 22:27
Regular
Also, what about using HTML in the actual posts in the forum as well as in the reviews?
Tue 13/03/01 at 22:22
Regular
tony wrote:

These are both good points and I'll see what I can do.
> I'm not sure if we are able to allow html reviews but we should be
> able to maintain paragraph spacing.

I still don't understand why
> the line wrapping gets messed up when we reply quoting message, so
> I'll try to get that sorted too.

Thanks Tony.
Tue 13/03/01 at 22:11
"High polygon count"
So much for the 'not for regulars' bit! :-)
Tue 13/03/01 at 21:57
Regular
Firstly, sorry Edgy fornot mentioning you, but everybody knows that you a re league above the others i mentioned, and i fear i coulnd include you in the same post for fear of enticing you wrath. :-)

Secondly, whats with the olde english anyway?
Tue 13/03/01 at 21:56
Regular
"I like cheese"
tony wrote:
> Ant - are you a regular?

**TOUCHE**

I'm fine thanks.

Yes, I am a regular.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.