GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Calling all newcomers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/03/01 at 20:01
Regular
Regulars of old, this is not for you.

If you have been here only a few weeks or months could you tell me your impressions of the Special Reserve sites that first day you arrived here.

Which site did you first arrive at? In particular I would like to know if you were able to easily find what you were looking for.

Your input could be very helpful.
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:01
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Regulars of old, this is not for you.

If you have been here only a few weeks or months could you tell me your impressions of the Special Reserve sites that first day you arrived here.

Which site did you first arrive at? In particular I would like to know if you were able to easily find what you were looking for.

Your input could be very helpful.
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:06
ive been here for about 3 weeks and this is a really cool site and i hope to stay here for quite a while. i first arrived at ukreviews.com and wrote a shoddy maggies mask review.
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:11
Regular
I`ve been here since October/November 2000. On my first day, I found it very easy to navigate the site. It was well laid out, and I found myself talking to fellow PS2 owners very quickly. However, I didn`t even know the FOG existed until about 2 months ago when somebody started talking about it in the PS2 forum, and I decided to investigate. I have a bookmark directly into the PS2 forum now, so I don`t know if there is a link to the FOG from the main page, but if not, then perhaps that would be a good thing.

As for the reviews. I have entered several reviews, and though I enjoyed doing so, I was disappointed that the use of html was not allowed. I posted some reviews that were nicely broken up into paragraphs, and had subtitles, and even a table for scoring at the bottom, but they were deleted. When I realised they were being deleted, I stopped using html, but I think it would still be far more readable for visiting people if the text wasn`t all bunched together. If I was visiting the site, and tried to find out about a game, I would not bother to read through pages of unbroken text. (Similar to the what this paragraph is becoming).

On the while though I think it is very good, otherwise I would have left ages ago and gone to another board. (This is the part where any people bothering to read this groan and wish I`d left anyway).

Phil.
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:15
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I know I am a regular but I have only posted properly since Dec 2000. I first went to cheap N64 games on google search and it came up with SR...from there I saw gameaday and I now go to most of the SR networked sites...mainly UKDiscussions.

One thing that would be good was if you were to have a search for the discussion topics...I am sure a lot of the NEWER newcomers would have some very good points to add to some of the older topics. So I would say a Discussion Topic Search would be the best bet...

The Game
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:15
Regular
Oh, and Gameaday is a good idea, though again, I had my head so far into the clouds that I didn`t even know about it until about January when somebody told Wookiee Monster he`d won gameaday and I asked him what it was.

That was only due to my stupidity though because looking around there are enough clues that it exists. From here alone, I can see two links each to gameaday and filmaday, but I didn`t notice them before Wookiee`s Moto GP win.
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Oh, and under the 'Open Forums' in the main UKDiscussions page you should be able to click PS2 and go to it rather than all the words (i.e. PS2 Future of Gaming etc) linking to the same page!...Understand? Cause it was pretty badly written...I think

The Game
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:23
i found gameaday caus i buy all my games from good old SR and there not cheap they just understand customers needs.
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:23
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Theres a lot going on at the sites... but I reckon pretty easy to get to know you way around...

When I'm looking for harware, especially I find it very easy to find what I'm looking for (compared to sites like Buy, Jungle, etc)

Although whenever I see UKpc.net on a search engine/shop site/etc... I dont really connect it with SR...

Tue 13/03/01 at 20:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
although I am not really new I have been only seriosly posting for 5 months so here is what I have to say:

SR is not exactly the best ever looking site on the web, my first impressions were that is was just another website, then I looked on the page and saw the amount of links to gaming .com's and .co.uk's. I was impressed! It must be a huge server at the SR base to control all the SR posts and threads and pages. I decided to have a browse around, wow! I started to post a topic about importing the GBA and then received some replys that were friendly (one being from Ant!)
I didn't know tony was in charge and just mistook him for another SR user, I have respect for tony as this website is a huge operation and he always asks for peoples personnal opinions, mine is that SR is great if you have the time to get to know it, first impressions are always the most important and the site's hompage is great but maybe a makeover will keep people in when they enter. (just a suggestion!)

Keep up the GREAT work ali, joe and 'almighty' tony

Thanks
er-no
Tue 13/03/01 at 20:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
sell macs as well!

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.