GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spaceworld - told you so."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 17:20
Regular
When Nintendo revealed little information about Revolution I knew there would be another event, almost certainly Nintendo based, that would reveal the price, the games and the controller. Obviously Spaceworld is the event to do that.

There hasn't been a spaceworld since the Mario Sunshine/Wind Waker announcement. So the reply from a slew of forum users who will remain nameless declared "There has not been a Spaceworld in years, admit it Nintendo have screwed up". "Don't be so optimistic Dringo" and so forth.

Now both Miyamoto and Kaplin has confirmed that Spaceworld is certainly on the cards and Iwata has declared all the revolution info will be released by the end of the year.

And after hardcore reaction it seems almost essential.

I have to admit, that the new Nintendo console looks the best out of all of the rivals, and that makes a change!
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:48
Regular
You must be rich.

I have no idea whether or not I'll get any of them, but I doubt I'll get both an Xbox 360 and a PS3. Looking at the probable pricings and what they're potentially offering, it's one or the other if anything.

Obviously the Revolution is a complete grey area at the moment, so whether or not I'll buy that remains to be seen. If the price tag is as low as predicted, I'll probably find some money to get one.
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:43
Regular
"8==="
I'm planning to buy all 3.
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:41
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Mav wrote:
> Nintendo know what they're doing.

Wanna place a wager?
Sat 21/05/05 at 18:35
Regular
I've already said my piece (somewhere), but if we look at this argument in another light, it really is utterly ridiculous.

Who can honestly say that Nintendo should be going about their business in a certain way when they've got no idea what Nintendo have up their sleeve?

Nintendo are an international gaming superpower. They have people all over the world constantly discussing and debating decisions and ideas. I'm not saying people shouldn't question them, but let's be fair here...

All they've done so far is keep their cards close to their chest, but a sensational fanbase has gone on to rant and rave about when they should be playing them, how they should be playing them, and even assume that they're rubbish cards anyway.

Nintendo know what they're doing.
Sat 21/05/05 at 16:31
Regular
"Random by default"
The whole download thing i will use only once or twice for top games i missed (paper mario on 64, still cant find it...if thats there) but i really prefer actually have a disk/cart with the game...having the "data" stored away is a bit :s but thats just me :)

64 player perfect dark could work well...but generally more players = chaos and less skill, anyway off topic

Fact is Nintendo is no longer in the same race as Microsoft and Sony, i will still be getter the Rev thou, but prob Xbox360/PS3 after two years or so.

Its not cause of the power, graphics will wow me for a bit but then become immune to them, just i cant see third partys making the same game for all three consoles as Rev is so less powerful...and i like playing games.

Hard to explain what Nintendo is doing, ive always seen gaming as changing etc...and what Nintendo is (hopefully) doing is changing it again. Whilst Microsoft and Sony seem to be just using more power which i think is a different route.
Sat 21/05/05 at 14:37
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Dringo wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
>
> I don't want to download the whole back catalogue of NES and SNES
> games, and I don't think casual players do either. Chances are I'll
> make about 2 uses of this feature the entire time I have it.
>
> It'd be for the Nintendo fans. And those that missed out on past
> Nintendo franchises.

I am a Nintendo fan. I have missed out on past franchises. I'm not even slightly interested. They relate this feature to "All Access Gaming" that appeals to everyone. I haven't hear such bullsh*t in my life. To you really think the average consumer is going to care about 10 year old games? I'm sorry, but they won't give a damn.

> The new controller is supposed to be revolutionary. And 2 to 3 times
> more powerful is great, the graphics will be amazing. Don't be led by
> Microsoft and Sony's specs. They are going over the top. If Nintendo
> push too much power game prices rise, and that is what will happen
> with the PS3 and X-box 360. Revolution will be cheap as chips.

Yes, it could be "revolutionary" like the DS was, and I've got to be honest and say as a package the DS isn't doing it for me yet. This controller is going to have to pull some serious weight to convince me Revolution is what it promises, and on this front only time will tell.

> 64 player Perfect Dark? No thanks.

I'm sure you'd be "OMG DATS AMAZINING" if this was for Revolution.

> If that appeals to you, you're supporting the wrong company.
> Nintendo's style is different. It will be different.

Ahahaha, "different" this and "different" that. You don't even know what the hell they've got in mind yet, you hove, so you don't know if you'll like it. But no, you obviously will praise it down to the ground, being Dringo.

It really is as clear as the light of day, Dringo.
Sat 21/05/05 at 13:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Just because you don't care Dringo that doesn't mean that everything is rosy. You have to agree that if so many Nintendo fans feel let down then it wasn't a successful conference. Polls on sites like GCAdvanced show that an equal amount of people were impressed with Revolution who were annoyed with Nintendo. That's not good. Now Nintendo will have to work extra hard to get all those disillusioned fans back. In a way, this could turn out well for us, with Nintendo pulling out all the stops to get those deserting fans back.

And don't just tell me I'm stupid for taking it all too seriously, like I know you will. Don't just say "It's only a press conference!!!!" because that will just show how little you've actually understood.
Sat 21/05/05 at 12:56
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Now come on calm down children.

Dringo - you have a lot to learn!
You are a Die Hard Nintendo freak and I say "fair enough" (with your views that is).

The major problem here is that there ARE Nintendo fans, true die hards like myself who DO feel let down by Nintendo, whether you agree or not!

Nintendo were gaming gods in the mid nineties but have totally screwed it up since.

Take the release of the Gamecube. Up against the well established PS2 and the much, at the time, criticised XBox that everyone laughed at, said it would die within a few months and had a controller the size of a house. Where is the Cube? Lagging in 3rd place, thats where! Why? Because it had no DVD, it was purple, it was cheap plastic, it wasn't advertised as well as it could've been, shops didn't want it becasue no-one bought it and people don't want it because, among many other reasons, third parties don't and won't make games for it! Talk to most people in the street and they will only name 2 consoles, the PS2 and the XBox. Prizes in mags are the PS2 and the XBox, reviews in the papers usually only mention the PS2 and the XBox, TV ads for up coming games... what does it say "available on PS2 and XBox"!!

I AM a fan who feels let down and there are many more of us out there! Take off your rose coloured Nintendo glasses and see the real situation not the 'dream' you think at the moment!

And I say all this with a smile!
Sat 21/05/05 at 12:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo wrote:
> What is the big deal? gerrid get a life! It is just a press
> conference!

Read what I said again. You said that it was all just specs - I said that it wasn't just specs. People are impressed with actual physical games. It's just another case of you not understanding. You always think you know what I'm saying and take some cheap shot to make yourself look all cool and blazé, but you're not even reading the posts.

And are you saying that I don't have a right to be disappointed with what Nintendo showed us at E3? The fact that there wasn't any new games shown, the fact that they revealed a half hearted prototype console then droned on about the Tv-controller-console-internet business for 20 minutes? Sorry if you weren't disappointed by that Dringo, I was.

And if you haven't got my point about Nintendo riling up their fans by now then I won't even bother.
Sat 21/05/05 at 12:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They've made a mistkae if their fans are all saying that they've ben let down and that they're gonna leave Nintendo, haven't they? Yes. Any announcement that manages to annoy your core fanbase this much can't be a good thing. that's what I'm saying.

At the time I overreacted because I was disappointed, now I just think Nintendo have made a mistake. And you can insult the fans who are complaining as much as you like, but they're still customers and they still feel let down and they're still talking about deserting. Whether they're stupid or not doesn't matter, does it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.