GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spaceworld - told you so."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 17:20
Regular
When Nintendo revealed little information about Revolution I knew there would be another event, almost certainly Nintendo based, that would reveal the price, the games and the controller. Obviously Spaceworld is the event to do that.

There hasn't been a spaceworld since the Mario Sunshine/Wind Waker announcement. So the reply from a slew of forum users who will remain nameless declared "There has not been a Spaceworld in years, admit it Nintendo have screwed up". "Don't be so optimistic Dringo" and so forth.

Now both Miyamoto and Kaplin has confirmed that Spaceworld is certainly on the cards and Iwata has declared all the revolution info will be released by the end of the year.

And after hardcore reaction it seems almost essential.

I have to admit, that the new Nintendo console looks the best out of all of the rivals, and that makes a change!
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:39
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Don't worry Dringo, these people will soon see for themselves, and when they do, tears will fall from their eyes out of guilt for misunderstanding the ingenuity of Nintendo.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:45
Regular
Hehehe. I am cautious in regards to Nintendo. But always optimistic. They can produce.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo wrote:
> Nintendo's no show has caused more fuss than Microsoft and Sony's
> show put together!

balls it did, Dringo. In here - on Nintendo websites - yeah of course it did. Have you read the mainstream press? Please, read the Online section of the Guardian? The article is about PS3 v Xbox 360, with one paragraph saying "Nintendo chose not to unveil their console fully, but indicate it will be able to go online and download NES SNES and N64 games". That's it. All other coverage of E3 is the same. There aren't any headlines "Nintendo no-show causes buzz at E3!".

And about WS' comment. I've already explained that the success of Nintendo with Revolution has a direct effect on everyone who buys it! I don't want another situation like now where we ony have 1 or 2 games to look forward to in an entire year. I don't want to not be able to play top quality multiformat games like Pro Evo just because Nintendo made the same mistakes as they always have, so no one wants to deveop for the console. I've said it before, the cycle, more customers = more games = more customers = more games. Console's that no one supports die - look at the Dreamcast, Saturn. They died because of Sega's mistakes, and look what happened to them. I don't want the Revolution to go the same way as those consoles, and I don't want it to go the same way as the Dreamcast.

Oh and Dringo you say that it's Nintendo's originality which makes them money, but then before you said they make all their money from business dealings with other companies, and not from games. Overall I believe the GC has only made a small profit for Nintendo, so obviously their originality doesn't make them that much money.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo wrote:
> I haven't spoken to one casual
> gamer that knows what E3 actually IS!

So have you found one who knows about any of the other trade shows? I guarantee more people know about E3 than Spaceworld, or any other show. If you're saying no one will pay attention to the Revolution's release at E3, you're saying there's even less chance that they'll pay attention out of E3.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:01
Regular
gerrid wrote:

> Oh and Dringo you say that it's Nintendo's originality which makes
> them money, but then before you said they make all their money from
> business dealings with other companies, and not from games. Overall I
> believe the GC has only made a small profit for Nintendo, so obviously
> their originality doesn't make them that much money.

But it makes money.

I love it when Nintendo fans act like idiots.

Nintendo are doomed. Their console will sell badly. They won't have any support. All because they didn't show it at E3.

Yeah... whatever.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:03
Regular
"bot"
gerrid wrote:
> them money

games-wise I thought they made their money from original titles like Mario Party 39
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:04
Regular
gerrid wrote:

> So have you found one who knows about any of the other trade shows? I
> guarantee more people know about E3 than Spaceworld, or any other
> show. If you're saying no one will pay attention to the Revolution's
> release at E3, you're saying there's even less chance that they'll
> pay attention out of E3.

When info is revealed about consoles they appear on news programmes and in newspapers. When Zelda and Mario was unveiled at the last Spaceworld it was on Newsround and every national paper.

Now the fact is the papers all read Microsoft Vs. Sony. Nintendo wanted to avoid this. Nintendo don't want to be compared to their rivals because, when it comes to specs, they may initially lose.

Guardian article this week reads "Microsoft X-box Vs. Sony Playstation 3" whilst in September it reads "Nintendo Revolution".
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:05
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> them money
>
> games-wise I thought they made their money from original titles like
> Mario Party 39

If only it was Nintendo that made that game :). They have to share it with Hudson.

Don't criticise Nintendo for a game they don't make.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo shut up. If you're going to criticise me at least bother to read what I've written and understand my perfectly simple points, instead of assuming you know what I mean and blabbering on about how I'm saying Nintendo are doomed.

I didn't say they were doomed, I said the mistakes they made with the N64 and the GC impacted on us in that we missed out on a lot of top quality games that we otherwise could have had. I don't want the same thing to happen again, but I think Nintendo are making the same mistakes again. Don't reel out you "Nintendo have 6 billion in liquid assets" ballhats, I don't care about that. I know the Revolution will have Nintendo games, I'm not not complaining about that. At least read what I'm saying before you dismiss it.
Fri 20/05/05 at 23:08
Regular
"bot"
Dringo wrote:
> Don't criticise Nintendo for a game they don't make.

oh right, I suppose they're not the ones who license out the characters then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.