GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spaceworld - told you so."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 17:20
Regular
When Nintendo revealed little information about Revolution I knew there would be another event, almost certainly Nintendo based, that would reveal the price, the games and the controller. Obviously Spaceworld is the event to do that.

There hasn't been a spaceworld since the Mario Sunshine/Wind Waker announcement. So the reply from a slew of forum users who will remain nameless declared "There has not been a Spaceworld in years, admit it Nintendo have screwed up". "Don't be so optimistic Dringo" and so forth.

Now both Miyamoto and Kaplin has confirmed that Spaceworld is certainly on the cards and Iwata has declared all the revolution info will be released by the end of the year.

And after hardcore reaction it seems almost essential.

I have to admit, that the new Nintendo console looks the best out of all of the rivals, and that makes a change!
Fri 20/05/05 at 21:18
"possibly impossible"
looks like it doesn't pay to be original in the gaming world these days...

Damn corporate wh*res...
Fri 20/05/05 at 21:46
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:

> That's great, but Nintendo's problem is that they can't attract new
> customers. Appealing to existing Nintendo fans and no-one else is
> only going to get them so far.

So you've managed to identify 2 people out of a world of billions who don't even consider a Nintendo console?

I can find 2 people that wouldn't consider a sony or Microsoft one. What's your point?
Fri 20/05/05 at 21:48
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Dringo, this was the biggest videogames event of the year, and
> Nintendo failed to display anything, right across the board, that
> interests me more than the Xbox 360. Remember what happened when PS2
> got a head start on Xbox, and Xbox got a headstart on Gamecube? Yeah?
> Well it's happened again. For another five years if you want to go buy
> a Nintendo game you'll be searching around at the back of the store.

Do I remember when the X-box got a head start on the Gamecube?

Yes I do, Nintendo outsold what Microsoft did in 2 months in a week.
Fri 20/05/05 at 21:50
Regular
pb wrote:
> looks like it doesn't pay to be original in the gaming world these
> days...
>
>
> Damn corporate wh*res...

It does to Nintendo though.

Nintendo make money, believe it or not. People are under the dillusion they don't. They're one of the biggest software powerhouses in the world, they have no problem regarding money. And they get that by being original. Wario Ware, Animal Crossing... even Doshin the Giant MADE money.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:04
Regular
"bot"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Holy ****, I can't enjoy my games unless the general public does
> too!!11
>

> That's I seem to get from most of you.

Yes. That will eventually be true.
Continual failure to get a large market share will just bring Nintendo closer and closer to the end.

And Dringo, my point was that Nintendo's no-show at E3 has resulted in people beginning their "what shall I get?" considerations now. Nintendo had their chance to unveil Revolution at E3 and be on an even playing field with Sony and Microsoft and failed to take it. If their idea was so revolutionary they could have drawn attention away from their competitors and probably overshadowed them. As it is, they're left to reveal it later in the year.

Only Nintendo fans will follow Spaceworld if it happens. The general gaming population will just go "oh I already saw that at E3" and not bother investigating further, because if their interest hasn't been piqued as a result of E3, they'll have no reason to follow Revolution's progress. That thread was a good example of this in practice.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:11
Regular
Yeah Memo because people think like that.

Nintendo's no show has caused more fuss than Microsoft and Sony's show put together!

The fact is the public can change their mind, if they think the PS3 and X-box 360 are great they can change their mind when Nintendo unveil their system.

Note: Nintendo seem to be marketing this as a different type of system, and that hardcore gamers interested in X-box 360 and PS3 can get this system as well.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:22
Regular
"bot"
Yes, believe it or not, they do. A lot of people will make up their mind now and won't consider any alternatives.

I know the public could change their mind, but it's very likely that most of them won't. Remember, I'm not saying it should be like this or that I want Nintendo's situation to be like it is, I'm just offering my explanation for why I think their E3 no-show was the wrong decision.

It's causing a lot of discussion among the people who were already interested, but not really anywhere else. I've spoken to plenty of people about E3 and when they hear that Nintendo didn't really have anything to show, they just disregard Revolution and go back to talking about PS3 and Xbox.
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:28
Regular
I don't think it is the wrong decision. I haven't spoken to one casual gamer that knows what E3 actually IS! When Revolution appears it'll give people an alternative.

Why do you care?
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:37
Regular
"bot"
I don't really care much at all.
The discussion gives me something to do :' }
Fri 20/05/05 at 22:39
Regular
Well okay. But I don't think the effect will be that great. Nintendo seem content to release the information at the right time/

Iwata :- "We CANNOT afford to be late".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.