GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spaceworld - told you so."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/05/05 at 17:20
Regular
When Nintendo revealed little information about Revolution I knew there would be another event, almost certainly Nintendo based, that would reveal the price, the games and the controller. Obviously Spaceworld is the event to do that.

There hasn't been a spaceworld since the Mario Sunshine/Wind Waker announcement. So the reply from a slew of forum users who will remain nameless declared "There has not been a Spaceworld in years, admit it Nintendo have screwed up". "Don't be so optimistic Dringo" and so forth.

Now both Miyamoto and Kaplin has confirmed that Spaceworld is certainly on the cards and Iwata has declared all the revolution info will be released by the end of the year.

And after hardcore reaction it seems almost essential.

I have to admit, that the new Nintendo console looks the best out of all of the rivals, and that makes a change!
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:20
Regular
When Nintendo revealed little information about Revolution I knew there would be another event, almost certainly Nintendo based, that would reveal the price, the games and the controller. Obviously Spaceworld is the event to do that.

There hasn't been a spaceworld since the Mario Sunshine/Wind Waker announcement. So the reply from a slew of forum users who will remain nameless declared "There has not been a Spaceworld in years, admit it Nintendo have screwed up". "Don't be so optimistic Dringo" and so forth.

Now both Miyamoto and Kaplin has confirmed that Spaceworld is certainly on the cards and Iwata has declared all the revolution info will be released by the end of the year.

And after hardcore reaction it seems almost essential.

I have to admit, that the new Nintendo console looks the best out of all of the rivals, and that makes a change!
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:23
Regular
"bot"
Dringo wrote:
> admit it Nintendo have screwed up".

[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=124891&forumid=4006[/URL]

= proof that it was important for Revolution to be revealed at the same time as PS3 and Xbox360. They're too late already because now PS3 and Xbox360 can be drilled into the public's minds.
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:26
Regular
IGN: But with major showings from Microsoft's and Sony's next-generation consoles, do you feel that it hurts Nintendo to remain quiet?

Shigeru Miyamoto: You know, I didn't get a chance to see the Sony and Microsoft presentations for myself, but from what I've heard from people it sounds like they are going to be using cutting-edge technology, as are we. However, the way that they are planning on implementing that technology is obviously very different from the route that we're going to be taking. On the business side of things I see where we're going and I see where they're going and I'm not worried at all. I don't think it's going to influence us at all. We're good to go.
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:27
Regular
Dringo, you've been hanging onto the hope of Spaceworld for years now. It doesn't stop E3 from being dull on Nintendo's part
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:28
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> admit it Nintendo have screwed up".
>
> [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=124891&forumid=4006[/URL]
>
> = proof that it was important for Revolution to be revealed at the
> same time as PS3 and Xbox360. They're too late already because now
> PS3 and Xbox360 can be drilled into the public's minds.

Errr I'd understand why you'd have to choose out of a PS3 or and X-box360... because they're so similar.

The Revolution won't appeal to this person anyway.

On the Limpbizkit forum someone is asking "What would you choose out of an X-box 2 or PS3" this was before the E3 announcements. 5 People replied "I'll stick with Nintendo thanks".
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:29
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Dringo, you've been hanging onto the hope of Spaceworld for years now.
> It doesn't stop E3 from being dull on Nintendo's part.

No But Spaceworld is so much cooler than E3 because it's all about the Big N.

And E3 was alright, some information revealed. Could have been worse.
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:30
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> I have to admit, that the new Nintendo console looks the best out of
> all of the rivals, and that makes a change!

How can you say this when you've yet to see anything other than an outer casing which apparently will be changed by launch?

We're yet to hear what sort of games will be available for Revolution and what sort of controller will be used with them. Going by Nintendo of recent the main controller will be a pair of bongos and the games will be simpler than Jungle Beat.
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:30
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> On the Limpbizkit forum someone is asking

Fri 20/05/05 at 17:31
Regular
Tilt I was referring to the outer casing.
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:35
Regular
"bot"
Dringo wrote:
> Errr I'd understand why you'd have to choose out of a PS3 or and
> X-box360... because they're so similar.

the point is that they didn't even CONSIDER Revolution.
The thought never crossed their mind.

> The Revolution won't appeal to this person anyway.

I suppose you're a Nintendo employee privy to all the details about the console then?

> On the Limpbizkit forum someone is asking "What would you choose
> out of an X-box 2 or PS3" this was before the E3 announcements. 5
> People replied "I'll stick with Nintendo thanks".

That's great, but Nintendo's problem is that they can't attract new customers. Appealing to existing Nintendo fans and no-one else is only going to get them so far.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.