GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battle of the rockers : BLINK 182 vrs SUM 41 .... give me your opinion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/11/03 at 20:24
Regular
"grows in nasty plac"
Whos better plz give me your opinion.

( NO MENTIONING "THE FAST FOOD 'ROCKERS' "
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
Praying Mantis wrote:

> I can only assume that Blink 182 fell into the pit of one hit
> wonders, such as OPM and Limp Bizkit.

Are you on heroin?
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Why should he be?
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:18
Regular
"SOUP!"
Blink and Sum41 are both brilliant examples of teen punk rock and it is hard to argue one is better than the other.

Before "does this look infected" I would have argued Blink 182 were better without a doubt, but the third album from sum41 was immensely good.

Blinks songs are deeper and moving as Dringo said, "stay together for the kids", "adams song" and "story of a lonely guy" are truly deep and meaningful whilst there are the funny songs such as "aliens exist" and "whats my age". Blink do have the side project, box car racer, who had a few excellent songs, "there is" being perhaps the best thing they ever produced.

Blink 182 have a wider range of song types than Sum41, but Blink have been on the scene a lot longer. With 5 album under their belt and another one hitting the UK next week, they are pretty distinguished! Sum41 have just 3 albums to their name with nothing in the pipeline, or at least nothing that has being announced.

Songs from Blink 182 have been used extensively in teenage movies but sum41 songs are also making an appearence now. Both bands are recognised and are incredible artists in their own right. As far as best songs go, "still waiting" is a great accomplishment from sum41, it deals with politics love and a load of other stuff, whilst Blink's greatest song is probably "anthem" or "the party song".

This is open to further debate but I would say that Blink 182 are the better band, due to experience and better recognition. However Sum41 did headline at Leedsfest this year and it was blink last year.

Ah who knows! They both rock. Hard.
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:18
Regular
"SOUP!"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Why should he be?

Limp Bizkit are by no means 1-hit-wonders.
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well I suppose one hit would be pushing it a bit far.
Sun 16/11/03 at 15:46
Regular
Limp Bizkit may not be one hit wonders but they are terrible nonetheless. They do have some good backing music, as long as you can ignore the atrocious lyrics.
Sun 16/11/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Neither particularly interest me. Caught the end of Blinks set at Reading and it seemed pretty weedy (to be fair I was right near the back aftercoming from the Carling Stage...)

Both bands predominantly play pop-punk, and while I'm sure someone will tell me that if I bother to delve deeper into their catalogues they have more than simple pop-punk, neither band has given me much reason to... none of the songs I've heard by either have particularly motivated me to check them out further.

In my opinion, if you want pop-punk you can't go wrong with Green Day. Blink and Sum41 can't touch 'em.
Sun 16/11/03 at 17:03
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
If, however you want a band that realy rock, check out Winnebago Deal. The future. Dirty hardcore rock 'n' roll.
Sun 16/11/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Blink 182 and Sum41 pop-punk? I think not. I would think they are just punk, Blink being more punk than the other. Sum41 got me started on music, it was the first band I was into and really enjoyed. However, I started enjoying Blink more than Sum41, even though most songs are based on relationships. One I particularly like would have to be Adams Song, often played when I am feeling low. I like both, but have started recently listening to AFI and its songs like “Miseria Cantare” a really fulfilling one, in my opinion. There is no particular band I have as a favourite, I like a wide selection, with the likes of Nirvana, Green Day, Sum41, Blink 182, Goldfinger, Guns ’N’ Roses and Black Sabbath to name a but a few.
Sun 16/11/03 at 17:39
Regular
"SOUP!"
Praying Mantis wrote:
> Limp Bizkit may not be one hit wonders but they are terrible
> nonetheless. They do have some good backing music, as long as you can
> ignore the atrocious lyrics.

Some lyrics, especially on the latest and first albums are terrible, but the lyrics of "take a look around" are great and quite moralistic. "Life is a lesson, you learn it when you're through." Sure thing, chief.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.