GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battle of the rockers : BLINK 182 vrs SUM 41 .... give me your opinion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/11/03 at 20:24
Regular
"grows in nasty plac"
Whos better plz give me your opinion.

( NO MENTIONING "THE FAST FOOD 'ROCKERS' "
Sat 15/11/03 at 20:24
Regular
"grows in nasty plac"
Whos better plz give me your opinion.

( NO MENTIONING "THE FAST FOOD 'ROCKERS' "
Sat 15/11/03 at 20:42
Regular
"\\"
Blink 182 without any competition and this was a retarded thread.
Sat 15/11/03 at 20:45
"slightlyshortertagl"
The Fast Food Rockers win hands-down
Sun 16/11/03 at 02:45
Regular
Well Sum 41 have more diversity, involving rap, heavy metal and punk rock.

Their latest album Does this look infected? Is a fantastic piece of art and doesn't indulge very much with the happy kiddy punk pop of Blink 182.

But Blink 182 are just so funny and their songs that do move you REALLY do move you.

Hope the self titled album lives up to expectations.

My view, both equally fantastic... depends if you want to have a laugh and get depressed (Blink) or have a laugh and discuss the world (sum 41).
Sun 16/11/03 at 09:37
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Don't really like either of them, but I prefer Sum 41.
Sun 16/11/03 at 11:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Both of them suck butt.

Blink 182 are/were better, but both really do rubbish stuff.
Sun 16/11/03 at 12:33
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Line them up, one behing the other, then shoot one shot and save bullets :D

Blink are good, but I cant keep up with all this band changing stuff!
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:04
Regular
Wow, you have chosen about the closest example of rock coming to pop that there is, and then called it "the rockers", fool.
Both bands suck and have yet to reach puberty and experience a voice change. Sum 41 are nearly as bad as Busted and have no imagination in their lyrics, WHATSOEVER.
Blink 182 stink up all the sets they perform on, with a bland mix of unimaginitive love songs that fight to even retain a rythm.

They both lose to "the fast food rockers".

And thats BAD, believe me...
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:25
Regular
Have you listend to Does this look infected? A song about war, famine, politics and love?

Not the Sum 41 we knew from All Killer No filler that's for certain. And even then to put them in the same vein as the likes of Busted... a single rhytmed band is a overreactive way to act.

Blink 182's imagintive pop punk took what Greenday started and turned it into an evolution. All you want to do when you see them live is laugh your socks off and jump... and not to stop jumping. I know I've seen them. They are good fun and despite half their songs being about relationships they do manage to stun us with the likes of Stay together for the kids and Adam's Song and Tom Delongs Box Car Race remains to this day my favourite band.

Travis is one of the best drummers in the world, and the parnership between Tom and Mark are fantastic. Poppy yes.... but not pop... oh no.
Sun 16/11/03 at 13:37
Regular
Sum 41 were probably one of the most enfabled bands at the time of the Single Phat Lip, their cult following suddenly stopped liking them after All Killer No Filler had matured, which seems to suggest that fans moved on to better bands and simply got bored of their lyrics. Fair enough they are not as bad as Busted and nearly everyone was swept up with the rythm of Phat Lip, but that was then, this is now. Unfortunately they have been going down the plug hole ever since fans got bored of All Killer No Filler and I don't think that one meaningful song could ever save them.

Blink 182 certainly had a good drummer and partnership, but they became monotonous and in many peoples' opinion pop(py). Box Car Racer were undoubtedly very good, at first. In my opinion they were a one hit wonder and deteriated at the rate of Bacteria multiplying.

Although I have not really seen either around in recent times, Blink 182 did start to look up a bit with the formation of Box Car Racer.

I can only assume that Blink 182 fell into the pit of one hit wonders, such as OPM and Limp Bizkit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.