GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battle of the rockers : BLINK 182 vrs SUM 41 .... give me your opinion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/11/03 at 20:24
Regular
"grows in nasty plac"
Whos better plz give me your opinion.

( NO MENTIONING "THE FAST FOOD 'ROCKERS' "
Sun 23/11/03 at 23:06
Regular
Does the Look Infected is Sum 41's greatest creation and makes them a more mature heavier band.

Blink 182 the self titled album has turned Blink into a meaningful band.

Both absolutly fantastic.

Limp Bizkit's latest album lyrics are a tad iffy. REd Light Green light is VERY dodgy but Lonely world is fantastic, Nobody knows the reason why inside a lonely world, no one can hear me when I cry inside a lonely world.

Great.

And Eat You Alive is the best example of confused male feelings EVER. Screaming "i'll eat you alive" before declaring that he wants to "just look at you all day, there aint nothing wrong with that"...

Confused... fantastic.

All the kiddy rock bands have re-invented themselves and well done to it.

Fred Durst is a changed dude.
Sat 22/11/03 at 21:55
Regular
"aliens exist"
the difference between blink 182 and sum41 is that

blink are good song writers posing to be a joke band sometimes, where as sum41 are actually a joke of a band!
Thu 20/11/03 at 21:14
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Sum 41 are quite good but in my opinion, Blink are way better. Some of the old stuff is fantastic. :D The new album is alright although I'm not sure if its as good as what they've done before yet...
Thu 20/11/03 at 16:41
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
* Absolutely Awesome.
Thu 20/11/03 at 16:41
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I can't believe no one has commented on Blinks new album in this thread yet. I never really liked Sum but now hearing Blinks new album it's more like Sum Forty WHO ? (that wasn't a misspelling of 'One')

Blinks old material was excellent I think but they're new heavier feel is just awesome.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh, to quote some Durst-angst.

Haha.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:27
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Other songs and attitudes in general. It's just treading the same path they've trodden before. About violence/hatred etc.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Kyz21 wrote:
> clichés from where, other songs or "morals" ?

No, Blink and Sum41, when in reflective moods are like Limp Bizkit etc. But better. Cliche angst/pain/suffering, and while effective, not much new. So from other songs really.
Mon 17/11/03 at 18:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
As Sibs said. 'Pop' is deemed a dirty word, but I don't care. Zwan are pop-rock, and yet have far more invention and skill than any 'hardcore' rock band. Blink 182 and Sum41 are pop-punk, as they package it in a far more accessible way. Other bands like, oo, Zeke, I'd classify them as punk full on.
Mon 17/11/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
RoJ wrote:
> Blink 182 and Sum41 pop-punk? I think not. I would think they are
> just punk, Blink being more punk than the other.

Kyz21 wrote:
> Naw, they are punk ROCK. Punk is those rubbish 80's bands who drone
> about politics, and the Sex Pistols. You can't confuse Sum41 and The
> Sex Pistols.

I would say they are neither punk or punk rock... If bands like the Descendents are pop-punk (as the majority of their fans would probably agree) then Blink are certainly pop-punk. You might care to disagree over Sum41, quite frankly I don't know, I haven't heard much/any of their newer material which is supposedly heavier, but when they initially 'got big' all the most popular songs were pop-punk really... Anyway, my opinion, genres mean different things to different people, the boundries between all the various sub-genres of punk have become increasingly blurred, so not much point in arguing over it anyways...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.