GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 sham!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/03/01 at 14:12
Regular
Hah! finally sony have become casualties of their own marketing campaign.

The origional playstation used the theory of marketing style over substance. It worked dispite the playstation being inferior to it's competitors it had massive sales. The games were repetetive copies of each other with only a handful of titles really worth playing.

So when Sony desided to launch the PS2 they thought, well we conned all those idiots before, why can't we do it again.
Unfortunately they gave it such hype prospective gamers expected substance this time round as well as style. So when the launch titles were first seen dissapointment was heard through the streets, sure the idea of marketing the console at the supperficial masses was a good idea, but when you expect them to pay upwards of £300 for a peice of kit with faults and unrevolutionary software you thought wrong!

PS2 has sold but i doubt to the expectations of Sony, logically if you can buy a PS2 for £300 without good games available or internet play yet or a dreamcast for £100 a fantastic catalogue and net support as soon as you take it out of the box, as well as hardware capabilities to match the PS2 which would you take?

My advise is to snap up one of the Dreamcasts left around to tide you over until X-box and Gamecube.
Sun 11/03/01 at 21:55
It's my money and i'll spend on whatever i want.

Darkreaper
Sun 11/03/01 at 17:49
Regular
"Whatever!"
I agree with you ssxpro - What an idiot!!
Sun 11/03/01 at 17:48
Regular
"Whatever!"
I find it stupid that people still come on this PS2 forum telling us how to spend our money!!
Sun 11/03/01 at 15:32
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I know ssxpro. His the person that gives the ps2 forum a bad name. That's why i tryed to make the playstation2 forum a little more interesting with my "Are we being treated unfairly by the gaming world?" topic.
Sun 11/03/01 at 15:22
Regular
This kind of pointless topic is the main reason why I spend less time here in the Playstation 2 forum. What an idiot.
Sun 11/03/01 at 14:12
Hah! finally sony have become casualties of their own marketing campaign.

The origional playstation used the theory of marketing style over substance. It worked dispite the playstation being inferior to it's competitors it had massive sales. The games were repetetive copies of each other with only a handful of titles really worth playing.

So when Sony desided to launch the PS2 they thought, well we conned all those idiots before, why can't we do it again.
Unfortunately they gave it such hype prospective gamers expected substance this time round as well as style. So when the launch titles were first seen dissapointment was heard through the streets, sure the idea of marketing the console at the supperficial masses was a good idea, but when you expect them to pay upwards of £300 for a peice of kit with faults and unrevolutionary software you thought wrong!

PS2 has sold but i doubt to the expectations of Sony, logically if you can buy a PS2 for £300 without good games available or internet play yet or a dreamcast for £100 a fantastic catalogue and net support as soon as you take it out of the box, as well as hardware capabilities to match the PS2 which would you take?

My advise is to snap up one of the Dreamcasts left around to tide you over until X-box and Gamecube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.