GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto package arrives in time for Chrimbo"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 19:53
Regular
Anyone interested in this package, retailing at 34 uid in the SR ,mag. This is cheap for two games, I could be tempted into buying it....

...tempt me then staffies....
Thu 13/11/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
My favourite pad, of all consoles, is the Gamecube one. Sadly the Gamecube did not offer much I favoured to go along with the pad....
Thu 13/11/03 at 19:16
Regular
"8==="
TGMbloke wrote:
>
> What I don't get it why there are so many PS2 Pad to DC/GC/XBOX
> converters but none the other way. I would love to play Pro Evo with
> an XBOX S Pad.

I totally agree.
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:10
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> PLEASE!
>
> We are here to celebrate the death of the PS2! GTA, Metal Gear Solid,
> Final Fantasy and apparently Pro Evo have all left the PS2 leaving it
> with nothing but...well...Smack Down. Long live XBOX and GC!

Are we now? Perhaps I like my PS2? Perhaps I'm sick of people like you constantly slagging it off for pathetic reasons?

Grand Theft Auto is being ported to Xbox two years later in a pack that will simultaneously release on PS2. It was a similar story with Substance on the Xbox, and Twin Snakes on the GameCube. Whatsmore, GTA: San Andreas and MGS: Snake Eater will both be exclusive to PS2 when release. A one-off Final Fantasy game, Crystal Chronicals, will appear on GameCube and so hardly deters fans from the main franchise which remains Sony exclusive. Pro Evo 3 is said to be coming out on PC, but that's ages away. Otherwise, it's PS2 only and will stay that way.

And leaving it with nothing? Yes, you mentioned Smackdown, but there are also undeniably classic games such as Ico, Rez, Amplitude, Devil May Cry, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution and Jak & Daxter among others. So think about it before you come out with another ridiculous statement, eh?
Thu 13/11/03 at 17:27
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Belldandy wrote:
> MGS 3 is Ps2 only.
> FFXI is console exclusive to PS2.
> Pro Evo 3 isn't out on Xbox.
> GTA 4 will be PS2 exclusive to begin with.
>
> And the PS2 still outsells everything else put together. Hardly dying
> is it ?

Its only a matter of time before publishers release games on more platforms. Bring in more cash you see.
Thu 13/11/03 at 17:23
Regular
MGS 3 is Ps2 only.
FFXI is console exclusive to PS2.
Pro Evo 3 isn't out on Xbox.
GTA 4 will be PS2 exclusive to begin with.

And the PS2 still outsells everything else put together. Hardly dying is it ?
Thu 13/11/03 at 14:26
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> He's 17, there's a bit of a age difference me thinks.
>
> So I'm a fanboy am I because I'm fed up of your "I'm better than
> yow" attitude? that seems to forget that games are supposed to
> be fun and not a lesson in way point plotting and ultra realism.

No because you're practically rabid and there is little logic to your arguments. You can't get past the fact that your opinion of a game is just that, an opinion. Not universal truth or law, but your opinion.

What you see as way point plotting is not that to everyone, indeed people's idea of fun is not always going to be yours.

You are the one with the "holier than thou" attitude.

> Rainbow Six 3 is a breath of freshair from what tends to be a very
> stale and boring genre. If you can't see that it's fun then you
> really should stop playing computer games and join the army....that's
> obviously fun to you.

So defend it. I've heard you say how great it is but with little reason. What makes it so absolutely amazing ? You just said you didn't want realism, but it's a very realistic game in many respects, more so than SOF2 and Wolfenstein. Which means you're lambasting people who like realistic games when you in fact prefer a realistic game !

Plus only an idiot would think that ANY game conveys a true sense of warfare because not a single one of them does, nor would gamers want them to, because true war is not 'fun' in any sense. You think Ghost Recon is 'realistic' because of the waypointing ? BEcause that is all that seperates it from Rainbow Six.

Heck, you can't even see why Rainbow Six 3 could never be the same as Ghost Recon - both games purport to show entirely different things altogether.
Thu 13/11/03 at 10:35
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Lets put it this way, you tell me a better game which includes so many
> different modes into one and then you can laugh.

Kid, modes a game do not make. I can list any number of games that incorporate superior GAMEPLAY, starting with PONG! and working upwards.

Are the GTA games better than the Final Fantasy series? No.

Are the GTA games better than the Warcraft or C&C games? No.

Are the GTA games better than Halo/MoH/Half-Life/Quake/Unreal FPS games? No.

Personally, I struggle to come up with a single game that I think is worse other than Doshin the Giant, which is the biggest load of balls ever conceived. I remember when everyone got all breathless playing the original GTA, staying up until the small hours of the morning finding inventive ways to avoid doing the missions and just mess about killing stuff. I thought then that the game was utter toss, and I think that now. GTA 2 was no different, and GTA3/Vice City merely took the same concept and added a 3D environment. It's still a vacuous and pointless exercise in running about killing things.

Jesus, you want proof? Look at the GTA3 forum that had to be created due to the sheer number of witless philistines that littered the boards with threads like "I LIEK BASSBALL BATT HIT U WIV IT LOL!!!1". Sure, these people aren't normal, but it takes a certain type of game to bring these people out from their basements, drooling and revelling in their squalid uncleanliness. That is, as i said, a completely mind-numbing run-about allowing angsty morons to flap and toss over causing violence and destruction. Ooohhwaahhwooo.

Innovative? Perhaps the first GTA game deserves some kudos for the innovation, regardles of the fact that it was crap and clearly cashed in on people's sick fixation with violating the law in every possible way, but GTA 3/Vice City deserve no such praise. They're just an evolution of a once innovative concept onto a modern platform.

And I'm quite serious when I say that I would rather sit headbutting a kitchen knife than be subjected to the sheer dull crappiness of such a game. For many it was the reason to own a PS2 (still is one of the only reasons some say), to me, it's the reason I've never come close to buying one. I do not want to be labelled as a part of the "PS2 generation", if being named such indicates any association with GTA morons.

But hey, I'm sure people like you will argue that x many people bought it, while running off to other threads arguing that PES3 is better than FIFA regardless of the fact that the latter sells more. I'll not bother pointing out that most popular things are usually the worst and all the arguments that go with that, and instead just leave you to "haw haw" your way through some mindless destruction inbetween reading your Penthouse magazines and squeezing spots in the mirror.
Thu 13/11/03 at 10:11
Regular
He's 17, there's a bit of a age difference me thinks.

So I'm a fanboy am I because I'm fed up of your "I'm better than yow" attitude? that seems to forget that games are supposed to be fun and not a lesson in way point plotting and ultra realism.

Rainbow Six 3 is a breath of freshair from what tends to be a very stale and boring genre. If you can't see that it's fun then you really should stop playing computer games and join the army....that's obviously fun to you.
Thu 13/11/03 at 10:05
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Sounds like a 16 year olds job to me... Oh thats right it was. Still
> you have set your targets higher than I thought for a 23rd old still
> living at home.

Where do you live Ali ?
Wed 12/11/03 at 22:42
Regular
"8==="
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I must interject here, at great risk of personal injury to myself,
> but...
>
> You've both been arguing here for over an hour about who has a life
> and who doesn't.
>
> Surely you can both learn something from that?
>
> Isn't there something else you'd BOTH rather be doing?
>
> No?
>
> Oh well, carry on!

Hedfix wrote:
>
> Anyway I'm off to watch some comedy now, a very similar thing to what
> I've been watching here.

If it didn't amuse me, I wouldn't bother believe me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.