GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The truth about consoles."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/03/01 at 21:30
Regular
yjr [d3 ti;rd/

yjr hs,rvinr smf cnpc dysmf mp vjsnvr

It isn`t a tough code at all.

Try it.
Sun 11/03/01 at 21:45
Regular
SNIPER wrote:
> Did i post today......oh yeah i did.

What a completely pointless and waste off time post, and you have a go at me!?!?!?

Some people............
Sun 11/03/01 at 21:43
Regular
Sonuds weird aswell.
Sun 11/03/01 at 21:40
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
This topic is rather tedious....I nearly fell asleep, I am surprised I didn't write it all!!!!

The Game
Sun 11/03/01 at 21:35
Regular
Did i post today......oh yeah i did.
Sun 11/03/01 at 21:32
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
PseudoSavant wrote:
Though I'm sure it'll be a cool system, I hate what the
> X-Box is going to do to this industry. Frankly, I see it as the
> beginning of the end for Consoles, those nice, friendly things that
> were stable and never forced you to reboot.

They'll still be around... but now there will be more of a choice?

> In the last ten years or so, some of the
> best games I've played have been on the GameBoy.

True... but in the early 80's I had great fun with some ASCII games... which I remeber fondly now... however I still want things to moe on... computers have always been about near constant change and development.

The limitations
> involved with developing for a weaker system like the GameBoy have
> forced designers to be truly inventive.
As it was with the Speccy... And I think most coders today are wasteful with their resources...

> But, when it comes to ease and stability, when I
> want a guaranteed worthwhile gaming experience...I turn on any
> available console or handheld. Because I can trust that they'll be
> ready and willing to cooperate, not shoving some glitch or error
> message down my throat.
Comming back to a pretty standard Shanks question... how often do you get games errors? ... Personally... I havnt had a professional title crash on me, at all, since Ultima9 was released?
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:38
Regular
What menu screen? I dont have a PS2, but i do have a DC and if you turn it on with no disc in then you get some options that come up, like setting the date/time etc, that program is stored as part of the operating system. The DC uses windows CE which is a cut down version of windows, its a hell of a lot more stable and only needs about 2 megs of RAM.
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:35
Regular
No exactly worng there, you think that menu screen is some big Windows operating system?
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:34
Regular
Is the X-Box going to use a ull version of windows or will it run a version of CE like the DC does. Also all consoles have a program running in the background, its this program that tells the machine how to read from the CD/DVD how to allocate the memory to the different bits of the game etc.

If you had a DC/PS2/GC or what ever with no operating system on it, you;'d put the disc in turn it on and absolutley nothing would happen.
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:31
Sniper:

I'm in total agreement with you. Only hope the X-Box junkies keep that in mind. But, of course they won't. *sighs*
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:25
Regular
The truth about consoles is it plays games better than a PC, PC's normally run several programs on it the RAM you use for the game is lower than it possibly can but graphically consoles like the PS2 can create more polygons because it is games based it doesn't run any other program so all power is given to produce the poly's.
The X-Box will suffer if it will have to run windows on it so it won't be as powerful as the PS2 or GC ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.