GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS the Playstation 2 to really worth spending 300 odd pounds?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/03/01 at 17:29
Regular
All im saying is that yeah the playstation 2 has a DVD in it, yeah it has the best Graphics any console has ever been able to produce but other console makers like Nintendo and Dreamcast will target this oppurtunity. They will bring out new consoles with better Graphics and better gameplay for a lot less than £300 making the Playstation a lot less popular for example the gamecube. If you think about kids these day dont have £300 lying around anywhere and there mum and dad arent just gonna give them £300 quid so my advice is either buy the gamecube or wait till the price goes down.
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:29
All im saying is that yeah the playstation 2 has a DVD in it, yeah it has the best Graphics any console has ever been able to produce but other console makers like Nintendo and Dreamcast will target this oppurtunity. They will bring out new consoles with better Graphics and better gameplay for a lot less than £300 making the Playstation a lot less popular for example the gamecube. If you think about kids these day dont have £300 lying around anywhere and there mum and dad arent just gonna give them £300 quid so my advice is either buy the gamecube or wait till the price goes down.
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
Stocky wrote:
> All im saying is that yeah the playstation 2 has a DVD in it, yeah
> it has the best Graphics any console has ever been able to produce
> but other console makers like Nintendo and Dreamcast will target
> this oppurtunity. They will bring out new consoles with better
> Graphics and better gameplay for a lot less than £300 making
> the Playstation a lot less popular for example the gamecube. If you
> think about kids these day dont have £300 lying around
> anywhere and there mum and dad arent just gonna give them £300
> quid so my advice is either buy the gamecube or wait till the price
> goes down.

Just read my new topic on the PS2 forum. Then you'll understand.
Sat 10/03/01 at 17:32
Regular
If you are always going to wait for the best console, you'll never end up buying one! It depends on what you want.
I'd say i'd be best for now to wait a bit until some more games come out for it. If you can afford it and you'll get a lot of use from the DVD facility now, then go for it.
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:00
Regular
No its not worth buying it isn't as good as the PS and it costs so much.
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:01
too much!
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:06
Regular
"everyone says it"
toooooo much and there are no excellent games that stand out from ones I already have, I have a PS and with tip-ex it can become a PS2, also I will stick a second hand dvd player on the bottom and call it PS2, gibsoft have nearly finished a chip that allows the dc to play PS2 games!! oh I love gibsoft!
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:10
yeh where would we be without gibsoft...
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
apoc... do you know what gibsoft is?
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:37
For want of a better word, the PS2 is utter s**t.
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:38
But SSX is good. I mean the PS2 is ****

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.