GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Guitar solo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/11/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
My personal favourites are the ones in 'Devil and Daughter' by Black Sabbath, 'Disposable Heroes by Metallica, and 'Eruption' by Van Halen. Who disagrees?
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:47
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I agree with you 100%. I have absolutely no idea why people like all that talent-less rubbish.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:47
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Pink Floyd/Roger Waters : Comfortable Numb awsome solo, still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end when I hear it. Other than that:

Anything by CC Deville (Poison)
Slash: Night Train, Sweet Child
Kirk H: Nothing Else Matters/One
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:28
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Long live rock music (and genres evolved out of it such as metal),
> which has and requires real variety, class and talent. Not just some
> guy going on about how much dope he smokes and slaps his 'biatch'.

Although technically you could argue since metal really came mainly from Black Sabbath, it's evolved from a heavy blues sound as well as the rock stuff like Led Zep and Purple and whatever. Sorry I'm going through a major Sabbath obsession lately.

And yeah I utterly despise people like 50cent. It's all centered around image. Not any musical talent (lucky for him since he has none). Just talking over a preset keyboard beat about how 'gangsta' he is. Or something.
Thu 13/11/03 at 22:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
People can like what they want to.

Sure we may think it to be incredibly dull, but others love it.

Nothing, in my opinion, conveys such a range of emotion as rock, except perhaps classical.
Thu 13/11/03 at 23:06
"possibly impossible"
Layla.
Fri 14/11/03 at 09:48
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
triggerhappyrocker wrote:
> One of the best I've ever heard was Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird: 3
> guitars at once.

I think you missed the point - I'm talking about a live performance. You can't play three guitars at once unless you have three hands. Jordan (and Prince) can play a guitar one-handed... see? Something to do with the way you strike the strings.

It sounds like you'd only be able to play simple stuff but Prince pulled out a pretty complex solo when i saw him do this
Fri 14/11/03 at 11:14
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Darwock wrote:
> triggerhappyrocker wrote:
> One of the best I've ever heard was Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird: 3
> guitars at once.
>
> I think you missed the point - I'm talking about a live performance.
> You can't play three guitars at once unless you have three hands.

i think you missed the point, i'm talking about a live performance, Skynrd had 3 guitar players going in a live video i saw. same as maiden do.

> Jordan (and Prince) can play a guitar one-handed... see? Something to
> do with the way you strike the strings.

yeah, John Otway does this as well, in fact he has a double guitar with a neck on the left and the right and plays both at once. VERY cool!!
>
> It sounds like you'd only be able to play simple stuff but Prince
> pulled out a pretty complex solo when i saw him do this

it's actually pretty easy, as long as the initial hit is fairly forceful, you can hammer-on and pull-off to get some kick ass effects...
Fri 14/11/03 at 17:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Der Nazi wrote:
> Long live rock music (and genres evolved out of it such as metal),
> which has and requires real variety, class and talent. Not just some
> guy going on about how much dope he smokes and slaps his 'biatch'.
>
> Although technically you could argue since metal really came mainly
> from Black Sabbath, it's evolved from a heavy blues sound

Heavy blues sound? Don't you mean blues rock?
Fri 14/11/03 at 17:19
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well I suppose it's really a combination. But it's not right to put metal down as coming purely from rock, since Sabbath really defined metal and their early stuff was really blues with a bit more added in. Although it's pretty hard to categorise it since it's still pretty unique.
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:25
"I love yo... lamp."
Steve Vai had a triple neck guitar. 2 on the left side, 1 on the right.

As for Stanley Jordan, he even shaves the frets on his guitars down, and then lowers the string action so you only need lightly touch the strings to get a decent sound. I like tapping, gives a cool tone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.