GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Guitar solo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/11/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
My personal favourites are the ones in 'Devil and Daughter' by Black Sabbath, 'Disposable Heroes by Metallica, and 'Eruption' by Van Halen. Who disagrees?
Mon 10/11/03 at 16:35
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Slash is a fairly un-technical player, but he writes wonderful guitar parts alright, he's ace.

"Freebird" by Lynrd Skynrd needs a mention here i feel :)
Tue 11/11/03 at 14:18
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The solo at the end of "I Hate U" by Prince, and also the ones in "3 chains o' gold".

Or Gary Moore's solo in "Whiskey in the Jar".

Most of the others mentioned so far are just fretw@nking.
Tue 11/11/03 at 14:29
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
By the way, this top 100 list - did it mention Stanley Jordan at all?

When I saw Prince playing solos on guitar (one handed) and keyboard at the same time, I was blown away - when I investigated how this was possible I found out he learned the technique from Stanley Jordan, who could play rhythm and lead on two guitars at the same time. Incredible.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Don't think it mentioned him. You'll have to check.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:21
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Hmm figures... it'll just be the usual suspects then, a bunch of boring guitarists who only really got there because they are worshipped by 15 year olds.
Tue 11/11/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Darwock wrote:
> Hmm figures... it'll just be the usual suspects then, a bunch of
> boring guitarists who only really got there because they are
> worshipped by 15 year olds.

*Cough* Kurt Cobain *Cough*
Thu 13/11/03 at 16:50
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
One of the best I've ever heard was Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird: 3 guitars at once. Iron Maiden are probably the best that are still around today, however guitarists like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and absolutly amazing. Zakk Wylde and John 5 (Ozzy Osbourne and Marilyn Manson respectively) are also very good. The best ever has to be Jimi Hendrix, no-one can play better than him. Fact.
Thu 13/11/03 at 18:40
"LOLLERSKATES!"
i am not into that sort of stuff. its not as if you cant associate guitars with eva cassidy. i prefer hip hop and rap. i prefer 50 cent and stuff like that.
Thu 13/11/03 at 20:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm not that far into loving guitar as of yet. Only just started playing and hence I, despite loveing rock, only know a little about famous guitarists (the bands I like and thats about as far as I go).......

But certainly some Hendrix, a Mars Volta solo in Drunkship Of Lanterns I *think* and possibly Silverf*ck live, not becuase its intricate and clever, but because combined with the drums/rhythm/bass, it makes the coolest sound ever.
Thu 13/11/03 at 21:44
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
baz da ardnut wrote:
i prefer hip hop and rap. i prefer 50 cent
> and stuff like that.

Why? The 'backing tracks' or whatever you people would call them are repetitive crap, and the vocals are meaningless. And it all sounds the same.

Long live rock music (and genres evolved out of it such as metal), which has and requires real variety, class and talent. Not just some guy going on about how much dope he smokes and slaps his 'biatch'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.