GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Guitar solo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/11/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
My personal favourites are the ones in 'Devil and Daughter' by Black Sabbath, 'Disposable Heroes by Metallica, and 'Eruption' by Van Halen. Who disagrees?
Thu 20/11/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
maddmun wrote:
> Does the guitar solo in Bohemian Rhapsody count?
> If so, then... well...

Like the song, it rocks in a strange kinda way.
Thu 20/11/03 at 09:54
Regular
"you've got a beard"
triggerhappyrocker wrote:
> chorus also doubles-up a guitar part

no it doesn't.
chorus is simply a frequency modulation. sounds particularly good when used with a sparkly clean tone, or especially on an electro-acoustic...
Thu 20/11/03 at 08:26
Regular
"thegodfather"
Lots of Mark Knopfler's early stuff, there's very few original guitar solo's any more ?
Thu 20/11/03 at 01:40
Regular
Does the guitar solo in Bohemian Rhapsody count?
If so, then... well...
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:30
Regular
"8==="
Very_Metal wrote:
>
> "Freebird" by Lynrd Skynrd needs a mention here i feel :)

Damn right it does!

I'd tie it next Sweet Child of Mine, Paradise City (that Solo's fast!) and the beginning to Extreme's He-man Woman Hater.

Weirdest solo award goes to Buckethead who used to be in the re-made G'n R
Wed 19/11/03 at 14:19
Regular
"we escape....."
has to be dreaming of you by the coral. hands down winners!
Sun 16/11/03 at 20:06
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
The original album they recorded was more.. er.. unique. The title track was pretty odd to say the least.
Sun 16/11/03 at 20:00
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Darwock wrote:
>> I think you missed the point - I'm talking about a live performance.
> You can't play three guitars at once unless you have three hands.
> Jordan (and Prince) can play a guitar one-handed... see? Something to
> do with the way you strike the strings.

No, fool! Lynyrd Skynyrd had 3 guitarists! thats 3 different people each wiv 1 guitar. alright? honestly, people these days.... :)

Steve vai sumhow plays 3 necks @ once, like 1 guy sed a few posts ago, and if u uze a harmonizer (like tom morello-well good!!) u can effectively get 2 different guitar parts. chorus also doubles-up a guitar part but that doesnt change the pitch much.....
Sat 15/11/03 at 19:14
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Well I suppose it's really a combination. But it's not right to put
> metal down as coming purely from rock, since Sabbath really defined
> metal and their early stuff was really blues with a bit more added
> in. Although it's pretty hard to categorise it since it's still
> pretty unique.

I know. I've got Paranoid, for hell's sake. However, the only other Sabbath album I've got is Headless Cross, from 1989. And although it's not the original Black Sabbath (Tony Iommi being the only one of the originals still in Sabbath in '89) it's still a great album.
Fri 14/11/03 at 19:25
"I love yo... lamp."
Steve Vai had a triple neck guitar. 2 on the left side, 1 on the right.

As for Stanley Jordan, he even shaves the frets on his guitars down, and then lowers the string action so you only need lightly touch the strings to get a decent sound. I like tapping, gives a cool tone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.