GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"marriage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/11/03 at 15:46
Regular
what do you think about it?

My boyfriend proposed to me the other day and I haven't given him an answer yet. I'm 26 and really don't know if it's the right thing to do. I suppose I need some advise. What is the point ijn getting married do you think? what are the drawbacks and advantages. I really love him, but am scared that things may not work out in the future.

Can anyone help me?
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Balls"
if you living together right now sharing everything, it is just a ring and a ton of money. take a chance it could be your only chance.
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:43
Regular
but ive been told why do you need a piece of gold to show soeone how much you love them?
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:39
Regular
"cherries....."
you could say thats the reason a ring and the money but i think it is to show you love something like a symbol for your relationship?
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:34
Regular
i do want to get married, some day, but what is the point? what is the difference between staying together living together and getting married? It's just a ring, a bit of paper, and LOADS of money!!!!.....
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:33
Regular
"cherries....."
morbo's right you should take that chance
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:31
Regular
"Balls"
what if you did say no, you might end up alone. if you said yes you will not be alone. and realistically your not getting any younger. Do you really want miss out on the best day of your life? You might never get asked again.
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
psycho/alcoholic/loser

Don't forget Middlesborough fan :)
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:08
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Get married, and if he turns out to be a psycho/alcoholic/loser, just get divorced.

Glad I could be of some help.
Regular
"cherries....."
i guess the point is to prove your love (?) but i think that sooner or later you will make a decision of what you should do and it will be the right one.
Regular
unknown kernel wrote:
> I think that asking a bunch of 15 year old strangers on an internet
> forum about marriage is a very bad idea.

I'm not 15.

Anyway, Amanda, advice is all good and everything, but at the end of the day, only you are going to know just how you feel for this guy. You should think of everything you like about him and also everything you dislike/would rather do without. Then weigh them up, and ask yourself if you think it is worth it.

I'm in a serious relationship myself - I'm engaged to my lass, but we don't plan to get married for some time - mainly due to the fact that we gotta get ourselves settled into paying jobs and get a house first.

Just think it over for a bit, and don't be forced into any decisions.
You'll choose the right one in the end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.