GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"marriage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/11/03 at 15:46
Regular
what do you think about it?

My boyfriend proposed to me the other day and I haven't given him an answer yet. I'm 26 and really don't know if it's the right thing to do. I suppose I need some advise. What is the point ijn getting married do you think? what are the drawbacks and advantages. I really love him, but am scared that things may not work out in the future.

Can anyone help me?
Tue 04/11/03 at 19:46
Regular
"8==="
Personally, I'm never going to get married. Like I said in another thread I like my free time to be just that: MINE.

Selfish? No doubt. True to myself? Indeed.

I'd just end up being unhappy and quite frankly I'm not prepared to make any sacrifices what-so-ever. Looks like the only thing I'd get married to would be some total doormat. But I can't stand doormats.

Feel sorry for any woman who falls in love with me.

Seriously.

Also it's outdated, I hate romance and most of societies attempts to confine me to conforming to what the general masses think is the best thing to do.

So my advice is if you're happy as you are now then stay as you are: Marriage is not what it used to be (which is hardly a shame).
Tue 04/11/03 at 19:12
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Drawbacks/Advantages aren't something which should be at the front of your mind when someone proposes.

Do you really want to spend the rest of your life with him, or can you just see it happening?

My personal opinion is that if someone needs time to reply to a proposal, the answer shouldn't be yes. Either they're not really ready, or they're not sure about their feelings. Either one of those is a nasty tripwire which'll catch up with you sooner or later.
Tue 04/11/03 at 18:54
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
If you have to ask for our opinion then you obviousley are not ready. The only person that really knows the answer is you. Take time out to think about it. How much he means to you and how you would feel if you were not together. Even if you gave him the answer YES, you will then be engaged you dont have to marry him straight away. I have been engaged for 5 years now and i now feel i am ready for the big day which will hopefully be august 04.

Good luck in what ever you decide though. Im sure you will make the right desision.
Tue 04/11/03 at 18:42
"Mimmargh!"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Get married, and if he turns out to be a psycho/alcoholic/loser, just
> get divorced.
>
> Glad I could be of some help.

Mr Snuggly Marriage Consultant.
Tue 04/11/03 at 18:42
"Mimmargh!"
unknown kernel wrote:
> I think that asking a bunch of 15 year old strangers on an internet
> forum about marriage is a very bad idea.
Tue 04/11/03 at 18:01
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
DW wrote:
> Ask your mum. Or your friends. Or your sister. And NOT a bunch of
> preteens (yes, I'm sure we have some here) or a bunch of crazy old
> men (we have them too).

No.

Ask yourself because only you can make the decision because it's your life. All the above people may give you reasons to marry or not marry based on what they want for you, not necessarily what's best for you.

The most obvious question is do you love him, and do you think he loves you? And do you know the answer instantly or do you have to figure it out? Call me old fashioned but I believe if people really do love each other then it'll all be fine no matter what.

You can't go through life not doing things just because you're afraid they might not work out. If they go wrong then there will nearly always be a solution and you gain from the experience, but if you never try....
Tue 04/11/03 at 17:36
I doubt i will ever get married, i get annoyed with people if i am with them for too long.

So i cant give you any advice, maybe ask your family and see what they think.
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:55
Regular
Ask your mum. Or your friends. Or your sister. And NOT a bunch of preteens (yes, I'm sure we have some here) or a bunch of crazy old men (we have them too).
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It is true that one shouln't need to be given anything to prove a love.

Except your boyfriend wants to affirm his love by declaring his intention to stay with you forever.

Up to you, like UK said, I doubt this is the best place for advice. Only you know what you feel, but then again the old romantic in me always feels that one should never get married if a decision is not instant. But only you know.
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:46
Regular
"cherries....."
Amanda wrote:
> but ive been told why do you need a piece of gold to show soeone how
> much you love them?
> you dont really but i think what ever you chose to do you will make the right choice *just tell him how you felll hopefully he will understand!! but i have to go now bye

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.