GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"marriage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/11/03 at 15:46
Regular
what do you think about it?

My boyfriend proposed to me the other day and I haven't given him an answer yet. I'm 26 and really don't know if it's the right thing to do. I suppose I need some advise. What is the point ijn getting married do you think? what are the drawbacks and advantages. I really love him, but am scared that things may not work out in the future.

Can anyone help me?
Wed 05/11/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Light of the world"
If you like the idea of marriage. If you love him enough and know you want to stay with him because you wouldnt ever need anyone else in your life and think it will improve your relationship .. go for it.

But, if you are scared of what may happen in the future thats not a good sign. If you love him with all your heart and want him to stay with you and would work your ass off to keep the relationship top notch marriage i think would help. But being scared that it may be a waste because of what 'might' happen isnt a great thought to have in the first place but if you do love him enough to make a matrimonial life bond to him then it shouldnt be missed because of something you dont even know might happen in the future.

But, if you are not sure, not sure if it will help or make it worse I'm afraid you need to talk to him about it really because its a two man (well wOman) job and if you have misconceptions etc - its him you need to talk it through with so you both can do what is right for the both of you.

Thats my opinion anyway
Wed 05/11/03 at 16:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
A wedding, to me, is a religious ceremony. I'm not in the least bit religious, so I don't want one. I've been with the same lady (that sounds so wrong) for 4 years now, so I've proved that I'm commited without the need to spend thousands of pounds on cakes and pictures.
Wed 05/11/03 at 08:09
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
*wanders in*

*cringes*

*backs away slowly*
Wed 05/11/03 at 07:58
Regular
"cachoo"
Gah. Marraige sucks! Not mine, other peoples', they're boring.
It's like.. "blah blah blah blah.. *19 hours later*.. you may now kiss the bride.." That's the only fun part. 'Cept when it's your mum/dad or something.

But.. get married. Have the whole do. Love your boyfriend. Make babies. Have fun.
Tue 04/11/03 at 22:51
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
the fact u need to ask if u should get married says it all!
Tue 04/11/03 at 22:49
Amanda wrote:
> i do want to get married, some day, but what is the point? what is
> the difference between staying together living together and getting
> married? It's just a ring, a bit of paper, and LOADS of
> money!!!!.....

Exactly, so don't. Think about the stuff you can buy without the hassle... home improvements, more expensive Xmas present for each other... and if you're thinking about kids, then marriage will definitely guarantee a lifetime of debt for your child(ren), unless you win the lottery or are already rich. In which case you would have married anyway just for the money.
Tue 04/11/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Gamer_Tom wrote:
> ask him tough questions
> like maybe do you want to have kids, how are we going to pay the
> bills where are we going to live etc.

In the sure knowledge that if he wanted to get married before he won't after you've fired this lot at him.
Tue 04/11/03 at 21:05
Regular
I don't have much experience in this area, but I think that if you think that this is tha man you want to spend the rest of your life with then you should go for it. Some things that you could think about are... how long have you been dating; ask him tough questions like maybe do you want to have kids, how are we going to pay the bills where are we going to live etc. Make sure you know that he is going to be there to help in the marriage.
Tue 04/11/03 at 20:12
"period drama"
As long as you understand he couldn't care less what colour the flowers are, I'm sure you'll do fine.
Tue 04/11/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Hedfix wrote:
> Also it's outdated, I hate romance and most of societies attempts to
> confine me to conforming to what the general masses think is the best
> thing to do.

*thinly veiled pop culture reference alert*

"See You When You're 40"

*end of alert*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.