GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anime/Manga"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/10/03 at 15:01
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Any of the guys and gals in here, like or watch any anime and manga?
Fri 31/10/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Manga Entertainment is just a video label. They don't make anime.

Wings of Honneamise (sp?) is just about a space race during an ongoing war I think.
Fri 31/10/03 at 12:27
Regular
"I'm Great."
I f its the one I think it is then it follows some guy's dream to go in to space. I watched it and enjoyed it but that is all I can remember. Would be nice if Sci-fi could get hold of some other stuff, as they've been showing a lot of stuff that they've shown before.
Fri 31/10/03 at 11:57
Regular
I recorded "The Wings of Honneamise" this morning.

Haven't got round to watching it yet - Just wondering if you guys had seen it/heard of it. It's made by 'Manga Entertainment' so it hopefully should be pretty good.

Sci Fi channel is great for early-morning Anime movies. Akira was on the other week.
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Anyone know a good site to find out more on Japanese/Chinese live action films ? I tried google but with little success.
Thu 30/10/03 at 19:29
Regular
Plus to make my purchasing decisions even harder every Newtype I buy has more asian live action films that look good as well.
Thu 30/10/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Someday's Dreamer certainly looks like a "nice" series.

Bah, another one joins the potential purchase list.

Pioneer (or Geneon as they'll soon be known as) are releasing some good stuff at the moment, many with nice boxsets.
L/R looks cool, as does Last Exile, Heat Guy J is pretty good, a bit cliched but still good, Master Keaton is a very slow, non-actiony series but has some tremendous stories and a nice feel to it, and the ultra cheesy Lupin TV dvds just rule (though they should have a few more episodes per disc seeing as there are 100s of episodes to get through).
Thu 30/10/03 at 16:47
Regular
Seen Witch Hunter Robin and Full Metal Panic - both are well excellent though FMP does tend to have a somewhat strange storyline at times - one episode it can be mechs and fighting, others Sousuka and Kaname messing around.

Last Exile looks great, and it's turning up on eBay US in Region 1 and multiregion forms, as is a series I like the look of called Someday's Dreamer, plus another one I want to get is Zaion. And Sakura Wars Ecole De Paris. And....agh to many !

In the new Official Xbox Magazine Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky get a full page colour advert which should help sales no end.

In another obscure bit of information, I learned today that "ai" is supposedly Japanese for "love", which explains the strange title of stuff like Video Girl AI I guess.
Thu 30/10/03 at 16:41
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
At the moment I have my eye on a few things, either new or that I haven't got around to getting yet:

Trigun (been tempted to snap up the series boxset for a while now)
GTO (boxsets coming soon)
Brigadoon
Full Metal Panic
Witch Hunter Robin
Big O
Millennium Actress

Anyone have their opinions about any of them/strongly recommend them?

Last Exile, L/R, Planetes and Cromartie High also look interesting.
Wed 29/10/03 at 14:57
Regular
kittworld wrote:
> Orguss 02 is a great series I remember seeing it in the mid 90ies,
> series mecha anime, you'll be lucky to find it in a shop now. I like
> a lot of the mechas in that. Nice short series.

It's been digitally remastered and is being re-released on Region 1 DVD in, I think, November in several volumes. That was in Newtype as well.
Wed 29/10/03 at 00:46
Regular
Thanks for that Belldandy I'll place an order tomorrow morning, seems like it'll be worth the price, I hope the UK gets something similar DVD included.

Actually Cowboy Bebop is a very popular series especially with people who tend not to watch animes. My older brother (an old anime fan who lost interest) really enjoyed it, my ex's dad too didn't want to miss an episode. I think it's become the new introductory anime for mature audiences. Usually placed in the top 3 of people's favourite. Although it does get more serious towards the end (so many seem to) it is quite funny, the characters are great, the English dub is great. Unfortunately it didn't move over to Toonami with Outlaw Star so you can't catch it on TV anymore. The movies out but I dont think the series is yet, don't know why.

Yeah sorry about that I had a feeling you were more into light hearted animes ^_^ Series like Tenchi, El Hazard, Gate Keepers (ooo must get volume 2), I My Me Strawberry Eggs, Vandread, Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha perhaps, well you get the idea, there's a lot of title, I remember one time I just bought about vol. 1 DVDs of about 30 animes. That introduced me to a lot of great series, problem is you end up wanting to get the rest of them all. lol

Full Metal Panic? I think that just came out on DVD right?

"On the surface, Kaname Chidori appears to be a normal, popular high school student. The problem is, she doesn’t realize just how popular she is. Unbeknownst to her, a group of terrorists believe she possesses the special powers of “the Whispered,” and they’re out to kidnap her. Enter Sousuke Sagara, a young, hotshot agent from the stealthy anti-terrorist organization Mithril. Will he be able to protect Kaname without her finding out what’s really going on? Or will he just drive her crazy as he tries to fit in as her awkward, gung-ho, war-crazed classmate?"

Sounds good and it even got high rating on this anime site (4 A's 1 B now that's good) I think I'll add that to my next purchases. Thanks Belldandy ^_^ Perhaps Shadow Angel might be interested in it too.

Favourite anime characters - I have too many, perhaps I would call myself Vash after the main guy in Trigun, it's so incredibly funny, he's such a cool character. Or maybe someone from Chobits or Love Hina, ooo la la Kitsune ^_-

Orguss 02 is a great series I remember seeing it in the mid 90ies, series mecha anime, you'll be lucky to find it in a shop now. I like a lot of the mechas in that. Nice short series.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.