GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help-doing my brain damage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/10/03 at 22:28
Regular
"Mi/\\/dfrig Naked"
I don't understand why Candyfloss has turned blue (not through choking etc etc)..he was green a second before...and whats an Architect (where these forums are concerned)
Tue 21/10/03 at 23:27
Regular
I had some pink candyfloss yesterday! quality s**t.
Tue 21/10/03 at 23:27
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Bah to be honest it seems you have made your mind up and it can't be changed. Fine you just watch the forums gradually get sh!ter.
Tue 21/10/03 at 23:26
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
I've seen other forums that do it, and I don't like it. A lot of genuine new posters will want to post in a forum they have stumbled across and have an interest in, but won't be able to. Those people won't wait and post later, they'll just go away.

There is also the danger that there will be a separation - where the "Elite" few don't post in normal forums and the lesser posters become segregated and gradually leave.
Tue 21/10/03 at 23:24
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Yeah but any solution will have side effects. We are not saying you get rid of JATs alltogether, just limit where they can post.
Tue 21/10/03 at 23:22
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
I was slow off the mark that time, and I admitted it. I normally don't post that quickly without looking around....

I am still thinking about it. I'll bounce some ideas off people tomorrow, but I wanna be very careful we don't risk a reduction in the number of genuine users. To that end, any solution which is implemented must have as small a number of side affects as possible.
Tue 21/10/03 at 23:19
Regular
"It's been a while.."
Yeah but you have been thinking about it all bleedin' night. You all always think about things but take so long to do it, that more damage is caused. Like today, you came on saw Game Whiz spamming like hell and all you said was 'that's not a nice way to treat a JAT'. It wasn't until a few of us told you that you finally did something, by which time 2 more topics had been created.
Tue 21/10/03 at 23:18
CaNdYfLo$$ wrote:
> I'll try and find time tomorrow to have a little discussion, but we're
> all very busy at the moment - exciting new changes are on the horizon
> for this week... ;-) bet ur all on the edges of ur seats now ain't
> ya! hehe...

Ooo, new changes cool, thanks.
>
> It's not a case of how long it will take to do, and I would consider
> doing it from home... it's whether I think it'd cause other problems
> or not.

But it may also sort out the problems now.

Thankyou.

(im really off now)
Tue 21/10/03 at 23:18
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
Alec wrote:
> But you know there's a problem, and this is a great solution, why not
> just do it?

If we did things without thinking them through, the site would fall apart very quickly. That's why we have the power to change things and you don't ;-)
Tue 21/10/03 at 23:17
Regular
"AlL fLo$$Ed OuT"
EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
>...
> Thankyou Candyflo$$

Glad to help 8-)

FYI, I did check the IP of Game Whiz etc, there were only 3 accounts under the same address.
Tue 21/10/03 at 23:16
Regular
"It's been a while.."
But you know there's a problem, and this is a great solution, why not just do it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.