GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The return of Gameaday Prize 2..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/10/03 at 12:12
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hi there,

Gameaday will shortly be expanded again to TWO prizes per day. Aside from the existing prize for reviews, the new prize will primarily be for game walkthroughs, or to be exact, walkthroughs you have written yourself. Hopefully this means we'll see an increase in the amount of written walkthroughs coming through from you lot. It also means we'll be more vigilant with fake ones, so they won't get through.

If no decent walkthroughs are submitted, then the winner will be picked from either that day's chat posts, or cheats from UKcheats.com so it's a much more varied approach to this new prize than we're used to. Hopefully it shouldn't cause too much trouble.

So there you have it - Gameaday expanding again. We'll let you know exactly when the new system is being launched (it'll be fairly soon) but in the meantime you can start writing those walkthroughs!

Cheers
Ali
Thu 16/10/03 at 18:14
Regular
sounds reasonable - there is a downside to the forums one though, you always have hundreds of essays on the price of cat food or tony blairs new suit or something, and the place loses its 'off the cuffness'
Thu 16/10/03 at 18:10
Regular
I think they should do two Gameaday's.

Gameaday One :: Reviews
Gameaday Two :: UKwalkthrough, UKchatforums

You may say the latter is like the one Ali has just set up, but really, it isn't. He said that Gameaday Two would be walkthroughs unless no decent walkthroughs were posted, in which it will turn to the forums. But, why not have it best of both. So, even if a decent walkthrough has been posted, Chatforums should still get an equal chance to win.

Get my drift?
Thu 16/10/03 at 17:50
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I wrote a walkthrough for MOH Allied Assault. Took me bloody weeks.
> Hours and hours sat at my computer working from notes I'd made.
> Didn't win. Wasn't worth it.

my thoughts exactly - a review of a game takes about 20mins to read and check through, an intelligent post the same, but a walkthrough takes forever, and to put all that work in and not win would be gutting.
Thu 16/10/03 at 17:47
Regular
"That's right!"
I wrote a walkthrough for MOH Allied Assault. Took me bloody weeks. Hours and hours sat at my computer working from notes I'd made. Didn't win. Wasn't worth it.
Thu 16/10/03 at 17:42
Regular
how about we sack off the walkthroughs GAD and have one for best post ..... ?

I suck at writing walkthroughs
Thu 16/10/03 at 17:41
Regular
"That's right!"
Because they want walkthroughs.

Has IB been banned?
Thu 16/10/03 at 17:25
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Can I just ask .. why didn't you bring back GAD 1 instead?

At least then people will post much better and it may even attract some decent poster's back into the forums. Most people are getting fed up of the current useless cack they have to read on a daily basis.
Thu 16/10/03 at 17:15
Regular
"Light of the world"
O thats wicked news.

Cheered me up cheers snuggly
Thu 16/10/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
You say that now just after I wrote my kick asz review of Cabin Fever in the movies forum. I just can't win! :'( **cries** ahem Anyway I wont write walkthroughs as I have neither time nor the games to do it (the gamecube is my bro's and his games are all old). I shall write more stories, reviews of movies etc and we'll all get Snuggly to save a GAD for us chat users every now and again too though:D
Thu 16/10/03 at 17:08
Regular
"8==="
If it includes cheats I guess it'll start after the 22nd then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.