GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The return of Gameaday Prize 2..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/10/03 at 12:12
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hi there,

Gameaday will shortly be expanded again to TWO prizes per day. Aside from the existing prize for reviews, the new prize will primarily be for game walkthroughs, or to be exact, walkthroughs you have written yourself. Hopefully this means we'll see an increase in the amount of written walkthroughs coming through from you lot. It also means we'll be more vigilant with fake ones, so they won't get through.

If no decent walkthroughs are submitted, then the winner will be picked from either that day's chat posts, or cheats from UKcheats.com so it's a much more varied approach to this new prize than we're used to. Hopefully it shouldn't cause too much trouble.

So there you have it - Gameaday expanding again. We'll let you know exactly when the new system is being launched (it'll be fairly soon) but in the meantime you can start writing those walkthroughs!

Cheers
Ali
Thu 16/10/03 at 23:04
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Ahh, very good news. I was going to write a SOCOM Online walkthrough/hints document anyways.
Thu 16/10/03 at 21:17
Regular
Is insane bartender really banned?
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:58
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Emperor Xerxes wrote:
> Boring.
>
> Bring back the Gameaday for killing one of the top ten hated posters.

AH!!

**hides**
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:52
Regular
"8==="
I feel sorry for the staff - they have to read all the bloody things!
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:30
"Mimmargh!"
Boring.

Bring back the Gameaday for killing one of the top ten hated posters.
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Walkthroughs? Ugg.
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> That's nice.
>
> I wrote a walkthrough once. It took ages. And it was not much fun to
> write.

I done a massive walkthrough for timesplitters 2, all my own work, it never won.

I almost hung myself on a rusty meat hook.
Thu 16/10/03 at 19:29
Regular
"not dead"
That's nice.

I wrote a walkthrough once. It took ages. And it was not much fun to write.
Thu 16/10/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Can I just ask .. why didn't you bring back GAD 1 instead?

Because it adds nothing to the site.

If people submit walkthroughs, and other people come to the site for walkthroughs they have to register with SR to do so, so SR can send advert emails to them, and it's attracted more people to the site.

Forum posts don't really do that, hence why GAD 1 is probably gone for a while or longer...

Besides walkthrough's are okay, some people might prefer them to reviews, or be better at one or the other. One things you can say since the end of GAD1 is that more people have won instead of a few people winning most of the time. That has to be good for all forum users, surely ?
Thu 16/10/03 at 18:19
"I love yo... lamp."
Woohoo!

Not that I'm ever likely to attempt one, but now at least I do have incentive to do so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.