GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rush Limbaugh admits to Drug use"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/10/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/ international/story/0,3604,1060907,00.html

Mwah ha ha ha haaaa! The darling of the American right is exposed as a fallible human being. I could go on about this, but instead
I'll paste something written by a friend on another web-board; it says it all.

: Oh s**t... the irony's just too great here... this is better than when Bill Bennett was found out to be a compulsive gambler. Rush "f**king" Limbaugh, the mouth of the right, the moralizer's moralizer, admitting to his vast audience of mouth breathing retarded sheep that he is indeed addicted to drugs.

: After I take in a deep breath and delight in the pure glee afforded by the moment, I detect a fire growing inside me, the beginnings of a real rage even. Limbaugh, in his statement (I'll supply the link), takes "full responsibility" for his actions and pledges that, immediately following the broadcast, he will check himself into a 30 day treatment center.

: Ahhhh... my ventricles are shredded at the thought of poor Rush forking out thousands of dollars to go to some post treatment center where he'll have to face up to his demons, undoubtably in a bucolic setting during group therapy. No doubt that he will be surrounded by other rich or upper middle class drug addicts, white, professional, able to enter back into their ordered little worlds once this unfortunate episode is over. It will be as if it never happened.

: But how would Rush judge himself? Fortunately, as the nation's #1 reactionary blabbermouth, he has a mountain of material on the subject. In fact, on many occasions, Rush used his show as a bully pulpit to PUSH THE WAR ON DRUGS. Let's see what he has to say:

: "I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."
: -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

: "If(Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders) wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them.

: "There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

: "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
: -- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

: Well, it seems that Rush favors the lock-em-up and throw away the key approach. Seeing as how he has admitted to illegal using drugs (Oxycontin, for God's sake--Hillbilly Heroin), and is under investigation for ILLEGALLY PROCURING THEM, wouldn't it be absolute hypocrisy of the brightest stripe if he were do anything but turn himself in, supplicate himself before the judge and BEG FOR THE MANDATORY MINIMUM SENTENCE? Beg, piggieman, beg.

: I want to see Rush housed in Rykers Island with all the crackheads. I want to see him serving time at Pelican Bay with Mexicans who got caught with a trunk full of pot and are now doing 20 years, HARD TIME. I want to see him with an apple in his mouth while getting assraped by the biggest, baddest prisoner on the block. I want to see him beaten up, peed on, a steamy pile of feces glistening on his chest. To hell with him. Throw him to the wolves. After all, he's one of the chief architects of their pen.
Mon 13/10/03 at 13:09
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Rush Limbaugh (as eluded to in the article) was also recently sacked by ESPN for making comments on a sports programme suggesting that an African American sportsman (American Football player) was placed on a pedestal as a quality athlete and hyped beyond his talent, simply because the liberal media wanted to portray a positive picture of the successful black Quarterback, no doubt to all of those ghetto bound, smack using delinquents that threaten the decent American, that he's always harping on about.

To do this to the player in question, was the equivalent to somebody suggesting that Tiger Woods is only given media coverage as a fantastic golfer, because of the colour of his skin.

These comments were made on a show called NFL Countdown, one of the most watched sports programmes in the US, and was seen and heard by millions of people.

He is one of the most repugnant social commentators I've ever had the misfortune of hearing, and I hope he burns in the fires that he created for others with his evil rhetoric.
Mon 13/10/03 at 12:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Thanks to GB and Blank for going through in detail what was being said. You showed a lot more patience than I could have mustered for that unutterably stupid little coward...
Mon 13/10/03 at 11:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You'd think so.
But that would require reading of a topic coupled with comprehension.

Alas an ability our erstwhile friend is lacking.
Mon 13/10/03 at 11:37
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
He's highlighting the hypocrisy, not the action itself. Simple, no?
Mon 13/10/03 at 11:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Belldandy wrote:
> Drug addiction is an illness, if he's admitted to it then I don't see
> the problem, and it doesn't make what he's said any less valid
> because, as above, any drug addiction is an illness.

But...but...hang on, aren't you the same Belldandy that has called for drug users to be given zero tolerance within due process of the law?
I'll pop the topic, hang on.

> Whatsmore, Light is a person who has vociferously called for the
> legalisation of drugs in the first place, again this undermines his
> vilification of another drug user.

*slaps face with palm and drags slowly down*
Ok, read the post again. Slowly. Taking in all the words.

Light is not berating Rush Limbaugh for being a drug user.
Ok? You with me so far?
Light is highlighting the hypocrisy of a man that employs borderline fascist rhetoric towards drug users, and had at various points called for them to be deported.
Right? Still following?
Now, this is where it gets tricky:
Rush Limbaugh has since, following his hardline ethos towards drug users, admitted to being? A drug user.

Light is not calling for Rush Limbaugh to be hung, drawn and quartered for being a drug addict.
Light is enjoying the downfall of a right-wing hatemonger who has been discovered committing exactly the same sort of transgressions that he once railed against.

Would you like to me to go through it again?
Mon 13/10/03 at 11:31
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Drug addiction is an illness, if he's admitted to it then I don't see the problem, and it doesn't make what he's said any less valid because, as above, any drug addiction is an illness.

If Light wants to see him housed with all the other hard drug users then Light should likewise support the same happening to all other drug users, including himself should he one day be caught.

Whatsmore, Light is a person who has vociferously called for the legalisation of drugs in the first place, again this undermines his vilification of another drug user.
Mon 13/10/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ah but Light hasn't made a political career out of taking the far-right viewpoint of locking them up and throwing away the key.

Do you even bother to read posts or is it just random mind-buttons you press and let your fingers do the walking?
Honestly, this is on a level with your "Well that was under a different administration" when trying to excuse Rumsfeld selling nuclear materials to Korea and then wagging the finger at them.
Mon 13/10/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
As is someone who has said he's used drugs - Light - pointing to someone else who does as well.
Mon 13/10/03 at 11:01
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Now that's ironic.
Mon 13/10/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/ international/story/0,3604,1060907,00.html

Mwah ha ha ha haaaa! The darling of the American right is exposed as a fallible human being. I could go on about this, but instead
I'll paste something written by a friend on another web-board; it says it all.

: Oh s**t... the irony's just too great here... this is better than when Bill Bennett was found out to be a compulsive gambler. Rush "f**king" Limbaugh, the mouth of the right, the moralizer's moralizer, admitting to his vast audience of mouth breathing retarded sheep that he is indeed addicted to drugs.

: After I take in a deep breath and delight in the pure glee afforded by the moment, I detect a fire growing inside me, the beginnings of a real rage even. Limbaugh, in his statement (I'll supply the link), takes "full responsibility" for his actions and pledges that, immediately following the broadcast, he will check himself into a 30 day treatment center.

: Ahhhh... my ventricles are shredded at the thought of poor Rush forking out thousands of dollars to go to some post treatment center where he'll have to face up to his demons, undoubtably in a bucolic setting during group therapy. No doubt that he will be surrounded by other rich or upper middle class drug addicts, white, professional, able to enter back into their ordered little worlds once this unfortunate episode is over. It will be as if it never happened.

: But how would Rush judge himself? Fortunately, as the nation's #1 reactionary blabbermouth, he has a mountain of material on the subject. In fact, on many occasions, Rush used his show as a bully pulpit to PUSH THE WAR ON DRUGS. Let's see what he has to say:

: "I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."

: "If(Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders) wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them.

: "There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

: "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
: -- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

: Well, it seems that Rush favors the lock-em-up and throw away the key approach. Seeing as how he has admitted to illegal using drugs (Oxycontin, for God's sake--Hillbilly Heroin), and is under investigation for ILLEGALLY PROCURING THEM, wouldn't it be absolute hypocrisy of the brightest stripe if he were do anything but turn himself in, supplicate himself before the judge and BEG FOR THE MANDATORY MINIMUM SENTENCE? Beg, piggieman, beg.

: I want to see Rush housed in Rykers Island with all the crackheads. I want to see him serving time at Pelican Bay with Mexicans who got caught with a trunk full of pot and are now doing 20 years, HARD TIME. I want to see him with an apple in his mouth while getting assraped by the biggest, baddest prisoner on the block. I want to see him beaten up, peed on, a steamy pile of feces glistening on his chest. To hell with him. Throw him to the wolves. After all, he's one of the chief architects of their pen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.