GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rush Limbaugh admits to Drug use"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/10/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/ international/story/0,3604,1060907,00.html

Mwah ha ha ha haaaa! The darling of the American right is exposed as a fallible human being. I could go on about this, but instead
I'll paste something written by a friend on another web-board; it says it all.

: Oh s**t... the irony's just too great here... this is better than when Bill Bennett was found out to be a compulsive gambler. Rush "f**king" Limbaugh, the mouth of the right, the moralizer's moralizer, admitting to his vast audience of mouth breathing retarded sheep that he is indeed addicted to drugs.

: After I take in a deep breath and delight in the pure glee afforded by the moment, I detect a fire growing inside me, the beginnings of a real rage even. Limbaugh, in his statement (I'll supply the link), takes "full responsibility" for his actions and pledges that, immediately following the broadcast, he will check himself into a 30 day treatment center.

: Ahhhh... my ventricles are shredded at the thought of poor Rush forking out thousands of dollars to go to some post treatment center where he'll have to face up to his demons, undoubtably in a bucolic setting during group therapy. No doubt that he will be surrounded by other rich or upper middle class drug addicts, white, professional, able to enter back into their ordered little worlds once this unfortunate episode is over. It will be as if it never happened.

: But how would Rush judge himself? Fortunately, as the nation's #1 reactionary blabbermouth, he has a mountain of material on the subject. In fact, on many occasions, Rush used his show as a bully pulpit to PUSH THE WAR ON DRUGS. Let's see what he has to say:

: "I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."
: -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

: "If(Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders) wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them.
: -- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

: "There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

: "What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
: -- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

: Well, it seems that Rush favors the lock-em-up and throw away the key approach. Seeing as how he has admitted to illegal using drugs (Oxycontin, for God's sake--Hillbilly Heroin), and is under investigation for ILLEGALLY PROCURING THEM, wouldn't it be absolute hypocrisy of the brightest stripe if he were do anything but turn himself in, supplicate himself before the judge and BEG FOR THE MANDATORY MINIMUM SENTENCE? Beg, piggieman, beg.

: I want to see Rush housed in Rykers Island with all the crackheads. I want to see him serving time at Pelican Bay with Mexicans who got caught with a trunk full of pot and are now doing 20 years, HARD TIME. I want to see him with an apple in his mouth while getting assraped by the biggest, baddest prisoner on the block. I want to see him beaten up, peed on, a steamy pile of feces glistening on his chest. To hell with him. Throw him to the wolves. After all, he's one of the chief architects of their pen.
Sun 19/10/03 at 15:23
Regular
"relocated"
Belldandy, the first time is always the hardest, and I hope this will make things a bit easier for you:

"Sorry [insert username here], I appear to have misinterpreted your views on [insert subject here]. Please disregard my earlier comments. For a moment I thought about continuing to misrepresent what you said, and arguing on increasingly bizaare tangents to distract you from my original mistake; but now I realise that such a course of action would be foolish, and harmful to both my intellectual integrity and my dignity as a human being. Sometimes it is easier to admit to a mistake. I hope you won't bear a grudge!

Your good friend,
Belldandy."
Sun 19/10/03 at 15:17
Regular
"relocated"
Belldandy wrote:
> It is also strange how no quote is more recent than 1995. 9 years
> old.

And yet you yourself have somehow failed to find a quote of Limbaugh saying 'Drug abuse is a terrible disease: its victims should be treated with compassion and understanding.' I wonder why this should be so?

> Being a user does not make him a total hypocrite (wrong spelling
> probably). He is anti-drugs in public, yet obviously he has a private
> problem alongside that. Drug addiction is a disease, and I do believe
> that the Democrats, along with most liberals and suchlike, advocate
> treatment over imprisonment. Yet most, if not all, are calling for
> the harshest possible treatment of Limbaugh.

Zzzwhooooosh!

I think that was the sound of the point going straight over your head. Did you read the other posts in this thread, or what?

> Ultimately, Limbaugh may well have hated himself as much as he hated
> other drug users.

Whatever you say, Kilroy.
Sat 18/10/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Again, the typical level of debate for a liberal. Bored are we IB ?
Sat 18/10/03 at 19:15
Regular
Though it is strange how Light's friend uses the quotes the National Enquirer in the US used for it's story. A cynic would say that it's a small number of quotes, which were originally used in a different context, and are quoted outside of the rest of the shows in which they were used.

Last time I looked no one in South America, Asia or the other illegal drug producing countries, was producing prescription medication, unless you're one of the people who considers Cannabis to be prescription medication. He abused prescription painkillers, that's not a drug that's associated with the Drug War.

It is also strange how no quote is more recent than 1995. 9 years old. And so far no one has suggested the addiction goes back anywhere near that far.

Being a user does not make him a total hypocrite (wrong spelling probably). He is anti-drugs in public, yet obviously he has a private problem alongside that. Drug addiction is a disease, and I do believe that the Democrats, along with most liberals and suchlike, advocate treatment over imprisonment. Yet most, if not all, are calling for the harshest possible treatment of Limbaugh. Sounds awfully, well, hypocritical - whats the point in having a policy which, when your opponents try it, you say they shouldn't ? Democrats and liberals are also rather lax when it comes to the small mountain of movie\music stars with similar vices.

After all many of those in the American press who are so keen to attack Limbaugh were strangely forgiving over Clinton. Whose crimes were far greater than Limbaugh. While I am sure many will be ready to point out Clinton would not be the first politician to lie, the point is he was caught, and had lied under oath amongst other things. Of course anyone mentioning Clinton is obviously an evil republican\conservative seeking to deflect attention. If Limbaugh should be in maximum security prison (and it takes a certain fecked up mentality to send a drug abuser to a maximum security prison) then Clinton should be right there as a cell mate.

Ultimately, Limbaugh may well have hated himself as much as he hated other drug users.

Having said that, maybe Democrat and Liberal calls to come down hard on Limbaugh (who incidentally has not been charged, but in this case it's guilt before innocence, again from a group of people who largely assume innocence of most suspected terrorists, dictators, movie stars, people they like) indicate a validation of Limbaugh's own policies ? Maybe this a is a policy change in the wind ?
Sat 18/10/03 at 18:04
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Do you seriously mean that Urkie or are you being sarcastic? You do
> know that was posted by Insane Bartender using Bell's old name?

woops. if only things went to plan :/
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:57
Regular
*air of innocence*

Nope, because I'd like to come on Monday afternoon without about 100 posts by certain people along the lines of "HHAHAHA !!11111 COmmY Smoker Clancy Fan Wrong MEHHHHH !!!111"
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:55
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yes, but still...

*points to topic*

Ready to admit it yet?
Sat 18/10/03 at 17:18
Regular
Ah well, I wsa just going for whatever worked fastest y'see.
Sat 18/10/03 at 16:49
"I love yo... lamp."
It only works if you try to post the exact same message twice in a row. In the WLT I just posted test 3 or 4 times, but broke it up with different posts in between.
Sat 18/10/03 at 15:54
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Apart from your wonderfully explanatory IB i s guilty.
>
> It's the space that has me laughing. Nothing else.

There's a reason for that y'know ?

After the spamming mess that was the last notable election the staff changed the system to make sure no user could post an identically worded message more than twice in one topic.

I'd already used "IB is guilty" twice so I went to "IB i s guilty"

No one seemed to twig at the time that that was the reason...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.